Diablo® III

Non bound Marquise Gems

Marquise gems are no longer Account Bound on PTR. Is this a bug? The patch notes still state:

"•A new tier of account-bound gems of has been added to the game: Marquise "

I know that placing Marquise gems into a Item last patch build made the item BOA, even after they were removed. You've stated this was a bug, which has been fixed in the latest build.

So has this fix created a new bug where the gems are also no longer bound or is this intentional?
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/23/2013 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I hope it's intended, otherwise there is no point for these really as then they are simply sunk costs.
Reply Quote
I think its a PTR thing that allow players to test the item on their own character without making the gem.
Reply Quote
i hope it doesnt stay bound to account, i will NEVER make one if its account bound, waste of gold what if i switch characters? i just wasted all that gold in something the other character probably cant use
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Jjordanpope
i hope it doesnt stay bound to account, i will NEVER make one if its account bound, waste of gold what if i switch characters? i just wasted all that gold in something the other character probably cant use

Account bound items can be used with all your characters(of course specific weapon and armor types fit only in one character class but gems all same for all). Hardcore mode items can't be used on softcore chars and the other way around.
Edited by Hellfis#2549 on 1/27/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Hellfis
Account bound items can be used with all your characters(of course specific weapon and armor types fit only in one character class but gems all same for all). Hardcore mode items can't be used on softcore chars and the other way around.

let me rephrase. i dont want to spend 90 something mil on an upgrade that i cant get gold back on...
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Jjordanpope

Dude - it's ACCOUNT BOUND not character bound. You can swap them between all your chars all you want with no issues.

The only thing account bound means is that you can't trade them.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Jjordanpope

let me rephrase. i dont want to spend 90 something mil on an upgrade that i cant get gold back on...

There's going to be alot of QQ threads when players find out they can't ever sell their ruby in their helms so they can buy an amethyst.
Reply Quote
It's a glitch. The first set of marquise gems created in the first few days after the PTR was released were not account bound. Then, all created marquise gems were account bound but this did not affect existing gems.

The trick is then to put one of the old non-account bound gems in an item with multiple sockets in conjunction with one or more of the new account bound gems and unsocket them all. The result was a stack of non-account bound gems! This allows players on the PTR to remove the account bound tag on marquise gems as long as they have at least one non-account bound one.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As noted in the patch 1.0.7 PTR patch notes, Marquise gems should be account-bound, although the designs for them are not account-bound.

There’s currently a bug on the PTR, however, that’s causing some slippery Marquise gems produced by Covetous Shen not to be account-bound. But we've had a chat with him, and those gems should become account-bound shortly as well – either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches.

(Note: Socketing a Marquise gem into an item will make that item temporarily account-bound. Once the gem is unsocketed, though, the item will no longer be bound.)
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Vaeflare
But we've had a chat with him, and those gems should become account-bound shortly as well – either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches.

You mean a Chew 'n' Chat?
Reply Quote
So what you are saying is that no matter how much your community says they DO NOT want Marquise gems to be account bound you will refuse to listen to them? You do understand that a huge portion of your community ( well whats left of it) will not craft these at all if they can not be sold or traded?
Do you guys even care what your community thinks? Just wondering.
Reply Quote
So dumb.

Just make trading them a cost.
Reply Quote
here’s currently a bug on the PTR, however, that’s causing some slippery Marquise gems produced by Covetous Shen not to be account-bound.

I like the way it currently is and I'm sure 100% of everyone else does as well. Why is a gem account bound in the first place? Gem tier progression suddenly causes a once tradeable gem to be untradeable? We never really got a good explanation on this. Sorry, dumbest idea ever. Y'all need to work on your consistency of game philosophies.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/31/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I will not use them...
Reply Quote
Wont use them either Account Bound is a HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!!!
Reply Quote
So dumb.

Just make trading them a cost.

It would be a cost, the 15% AH tax which would be not only a significant gold sink but would likely bring crafting profits back. No idea what they're afraid of, maybe duping on them? In that case they're hurting the 99% just to control the 1%. Either way, bad.
Reply Quote
Rich people problems.
Reply Quote
either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches

"either in a future PTR build" ... ?
Great. So the next content patch which will make the dungeons larger and deeper and the world more random will launch in .. what? 2018?
Reply Quote
The biggest problem with the account bound gem is the fact that EVERYONE needs their OWN plan. Please at least make it so the gems can be traded within a game that they are created so that players can craft them for each other. Or make it so the plans are purchasable from NPCs. Or make it so the plans are VERY common drops like the Infernal Machine or Staff of Herding. Or make it the gems only become account bound after they are first socketed. Please, any of those.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]