Diablo® III

Non bound Marquise Gems

I don't understand the logic behind making them boa, I really don't.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Zuzax
Rich people problems.

No kidding, what I'm really reading here is:

"Making them account bound means I can't make them and sell them for 3 billion each, so I can be richer than I already am."
Reply Quote
.....either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches.

I honestly pray its the latter... another PTR build would just be sad and tack on another 2-3 week delay on 1.0.7 going live :/
Reply Quote
Won't use them if they bind to account. That's just stupid!
Edited by Sumarius#1380 on 1/31/2013 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
they are a new gold sink, and the first ever GEM sink. expect prices on RSt gems to go up, as now the can LEAVE the market, instead of just going in (either from crafting or excessive duping). this ensures that they will always have a solid value as a commodity, as eventually they would become infinite without a sink, and eventually they would be cheaper to buy on AH then to craft. if you don't like spending gold on something that can't be traded away, DON'T CRAFT IT. the only one that has a significant upgrade from the previous gems is the M ruby, and even then only the wep effect gets a boost. since its just black dmg it will have the same effect for all classes, meaning BoA isn't an issue since any of your chars can use it with the same effectiveness. (with the 5m un socket fee) i foresee pretty much everybody except the very top people just sticking to RSt everything except the ruby in the wep, but thats fine. A lot of people haven't even gotten to that tier yet. i really just wish they would add the gems and tomes/pages to the auto pickup radius though, i spend more time going back to pick those up than killing things when farming. also SOOO much clicking involved in crafting RSt gems. (1600+ tomes to pick up, 700+ FSq gems, and a LOT of time at shen's hut. like over ten minutes just clicking craft, wait 1 sec, craft, wait, etc.)
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:04 PMPosted by MasterJay
here’s currently a bug on the PTR, however, that’s causing some slippery Marquise gems produced by Covetous Shen not to be account-bound.

I like the way it currently is and I'm sure 100% of everyone else does as well. Why is a gem account bound in the first place? Gem tier progression suddenly causes a once tradeable gem to be untradeable? We never really got a good explanation on this. Sorry, dumbest idea ever. Y'all need to work on your consistency of game philosophies.

If you can't trade them, who will dupe them?
Even if you dupe the tier bellow them, there is a gold sink in place that makes it still expensive to make.

If you have one, why would you want to trade it any ways? They cost so much that you really should be certain you want one before you make one. That being said, if they change the balance of the gems too much and make them worthless, that could provide a bit of an outrage amongst the community so they are putting themselves in a corner for future development.
Reply Quote
.....either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches.

I honestly pray its the latter... another PTR build would just be sad and tack on another 2-3 week delay on 1.0.7 going live :/

Learn to be patient please, I would much rather them receive rigorous testing and feedback before release and have it happen as a smooth transition.

Also, it is likely they have already got a team starting work on 1.0.8 and beyond, so the longer we wait for this update, hypothetically the shorter the wait will be for the next. It's really just about learning to wait patiently and stop demanding things come out before they are ready.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Rowan

I like the way it currently is and I'm sure 100% of everyone else does as well. Why is a gem account bound in the first place? Gem tier progression suddenly causes a once tradeable gem to be untradeable? We never really got a good explanation on this. Sorry, dumbest idea ever. Y'all need to work on your consistency of game philosophies.

If you can't trade them, who will dupe them?
Even if you dupe the tier bellow them, there is a gold sink in place that makes it still expensive to make.

If you have one, why would you want to trade it any ways? They cost so much that you really should be certain you want one before you make one. That being said, if they change the balance of the gems too much and make them worthless, that could provide a bit of an outrage amongst the community so they are putting themselves in a corner for future development.

It's more the principle. Why do they need to be account bound? Gem sinks? Why is there a need for gem sinks? Why does the price of RS gems need to be stabilized? It's hovered around crafting cost (except for one dip) the whole time of the game..
Reply Quote
So dumb.

Just make trading them a cost.

It would be a cost, the 15% AH tax which would be not only a significant gold sink but would likely bring crafting profits back. No idea what they're afraid of, maybe duping on them? In that case they're hurting the 99% just to control the 1%. Either way, bad.

Exactly. Make them impossible to trade trough a barter window in game. make them tradeable via AH [maybe with increased tax].

I fully understand, why you are making craftings account bound. Because some [especially with improved mods] have possibility to be GODLY item, and trump any other.
But with gems we have predictable, constant stats. So there should be no problem
Another issue, is the price. Because of high costs, they will not flood AH so quick, and because they would have a huge price, the tax would take out huge amount of money.
Also new gems is only a slight, linear increase in power. many people won't consider it worth it.

So why you are so adamant, to make them BoA??
Reply Quote
I really don't care about gems being account-bound, I just can't believe there is a new tier of gems without making gem crafting/upgrading less tedious. I'd argue upgrading gems already is a Quality of Life issue that probably should have been fixed before release, let alone before a new gem tier gets added.
Reply Quote
I also have no idea why these should be account bound.

You just made them use 10 DE to craft instead of 1. AND you made DE twice as rare. Why shouldn't Marquise be tradeable now? There is absolutely no point to them not being trade-able.
Reply Quote
Account bound 100 million gold gems is a horrible idea. Why not let us sell them on the RMAH and you can keep 30% of our money?
Reply Quote
There is no reason they should be account bound. The most important part here is that ALL the other tiers are not account bound. Why in the world would you make gems tradable all the way up to the very last tier out of what 12 tiers? 15 tiers? and then make it account bound.
Reply Quote
I don't know that it is the point of making them account bound it may be...

The end result of a best in slot gem extreemly expensive to make and account bound and un-trade able will simply drive up gold prices for the gold farmers. This in turn allows gold farmer/sellers to make more money from increased sales and selling price of gold. as a result Blizzard makes more money.

That's all that matters is that blizzards making money. The Gems cost more real money by blizzard own minimal price of gold to make then the game cost to purchase.

That is the biggest thing about Blizzard and Diablo III that angers me the most. Its all about how to scam their players for more money.

Sure you can farm a 100 million gold, in 1000 hours of game play or so..... or you can make it on the AH, if you are lucky enough to get sales but even this in the end.. someone is buying the gold with Real money from the gold farmers and Blizzard knows it.
Edited by Jane#1803 on 1/31/2013 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:14 PMPosted by donk
I don't understand the logic behind making them boa, I really don't.

There is only one reason and one reason only that I can think of to make these BOA. And that is simply "Duping", as much as Blizzard does not want to publically acknowledge it actually exists.

There are so many other ways to make a gold sink if that their reasoning. With Blizzard stating that they would like to be more "Communicative" with their Community, I don't understand why they cannot just come out and say "This is why they are Bind on Account".
Reply Quote
gold sink.
Reply Quote
Looks like Blizz made their choice to keep marquise gems account bound. Also looks like no more than 0.1% of players will ever craft a such gem. Those that do can kiss 80m gold bye as they will never be able to sell it.
Reply Quote
If the result you are looking for in game economy is not forthcoming as a result of b.o.a. Marquise gems will you consider making them sellable? Actually, I'm not sure what the intent is and I'm not complaining. I just want to know if this is a hard and fast set up.
Reply Quote
question: When you salvage an item with socketed marquise gems, what will happen to the marquise gems?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]