0% CC mempo ~= 5,000,000 gold
6% CC mempo ~= 2,000,000,000 gold

(2,000,000,000 - 5,000,000 gold)/(6% CHC) ~= 166,000,000 gold/0.5% CHC
Reply Quote
0% CC mempo ~= 5,000,000 gold
6% CC mempo ~= 2,000,000,000 gold

(2,000,000,000 - 5,000,000 gold)/(6% CHC) ~= 166,000,000 gold/0.5% CHC
This is only when evaluating 6% CHC.

If you look at the 2% CHC Mempo, each 0.5% of CHC is worth far less.

So yes, you pay a large premium for having the maximum crit on a single piece. This has always been known.
Reply Quote
That's the marginal cost. If you don't really need that extra bit for next MP, forget it and let the rmah users have it.
Reply Quote
once u get to top end gears, you pay 100m+ just for +10 stat.

it's exactly like dat in d2. ppl pay enormous amount for near perf stuffs.
Edited by okarin#1794 on 1/20/2013 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
5/10

Got me to click on the thread.
Reply Quote
Lmao it just came that mind that I've never even HAD up to 166 mil gold together on hand.

This sorta depressed the mood...I'm tempted to just quit and cash out now that I'm nearing the point that I can't really afford upgrades anymore :/
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:34 PMPosted by doctaphilly
This sorta depressed the mood...I'm tempted to just quit and cash out now that I'm nearing the point that I can't really afford upgrades anymore :/
Then grinding games are not for you. That's the truth.

The last 20% costs you 80% of the effort.
Reply Quote
Lmao it just came that mind that I've never even HAD up to 166 mil gold together on hand.

this game tests perserverance. yet perserverance is all it takes. anyone who plays 5000hrs effectively farming will be far richer than anyone playing 1000hrs.

all my gear + the 500m i'm sitting on is all from selling farmed gear. and I only do 2-3 mp5 runs a day since 1.05
Reply Quote
The quality of an item increases linearly, but the price increases exponentially.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:50 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
The quality of an item increases linearly, but the price increases exponentially.

Yeah, tell me about it :p
Reply Quote
No different from RL. A decent amount of money will get you resonably good stuff, but to get the BEST, you need to spend a lot more.

How many people can hear the difference between $1000 speakers and $10,000 speakers?
And in the world of Audio, $10k speakers are pretty much just middle of the pack.

Cars: $10k Civic will do 130mph. $50k Benz will do 155mph. $100k sportscar will do 200mph, $300k-$500k supercars will go 220mph but you need a $2M Veyron to go 250mph.
Reply Quote
It's the price you have to pay to get the best in slot gear. Once you have that nicely rolled mempo with 150+main stat, 75+AR, IAS, %life, OS and 6%CC.. what else can beat that?

Blizz made IAS,CC,CD so important that without it you do like peewee herman's damage with with a big bat.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:31 AMPosted by koros
Blizz made IAS,CC,CD so important that without it you do like peewee herman's damage with with a big bat.
It's that Blizz "made" them important, it's how those statistics function - they're exponential stats. They work on the basis of your base damage times your primary attribute multiplier... and multiply that value!

So of course they'll be preferred stats. It don't really take a genius to grasp it.

But hey, Blizzard could have just made everything flat damage. Crit could have been "adds 35-45 damage" and such. That would have truly been boring.
Reply Quote
Barbs can get tons of cc just from their skills and passives as it is. DH can get 100% cc from sharpshooter so I save a fortune using that passive. Monks get all resist from +one resist. Yes, a small 10-15% improvement in an item or increase of damage in a weapon or ring can result in a tenfold increase in cost. Keep your expectations realistic and you can be happy with an item costing 1-10m that is still extremely powerful.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Ace
Barbs can get tons of cc just from their skills and passives as it is. DH can get 100% cc from sharpshooter so I save a fortune using that passive. Monks get all resist from +one resist. Yes, a small 10-15% improvement in an item or increase of damage in a weapon or ring can result in a tenfold increase in cost. Keep your expectations realistic and you can be happy with an item costing 1-10m that is still extremely powerful.

Lol sharpshooter does not give you 100% cc chance. Probably should read up on how that skill actually works before giving build advice on "saving a fortune"
Reply Quote
0.5% CC is also better if you are so rich and don't know buy what items to up DPS higher
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]