Diablo® III

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

100 Night Elf Hunter
01/23/2013 09:49 AMPosted by ChangWu
poe

Dude, you're like a one-note song.

Sheesh.
Reply Quote
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Hi - I think that we are all owed an apology from the devs that were at Blizzcon. They ALL said that they beat Inferno (before it was nerfed down) on SELF FOUND. Which is a total lie. Tired of the liars and salespeople in blizzard.

edit - I also find it very odd that I can find a 500m ik chest off a white trash mob, yet not a single good item drops off the bosses. It's a boss for a reason, they are difficult and they should reward us for killing the difficult bosses. Diablo? Not a single legendary once and I've killed him well over 1000 times.

I agree totally. The drop rate needs to be nerfed on trash and raised on elite and bosses

It can still be the same effective drop rate it just needs to come from a harder challenge.
Edited by Paranoyed#1575 on 1/23/2013 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lets be honest for a moment, the minute they showed the game looking like an episode of Star Wars The Clone Wars CGI we already knew down deep that Blizzard were going to simplify the franchise, we just didn't want too admit it to ourselves. "Listening to us" us you put it, definitely wasn't the reasoning behind it considering Jay Wilson made the pony level just to rub it in that he is not going to listen to the fans (F them losers l0l).
Reply Quote

Hi - I think that we are all owed an apology from the devs that were at Blizzcon. They ALL said that they beat Inferno (before it was nerfed down) on SELF FOUND. Which is a total lie. Tired of the liars and salespeople in blizzard.

edit - I also find it very odd that I can find a 500m ik chest off a white trash mob, yet not a single good item drops off the bosses. It's a boss for a reason, they are difficult and they should reward us for killing the difficult bosses. Diablo? Not a single legendary once and I've killed him well over 1000 times.

I agree totally. The drop rate needs to be nerfed on trash and raised on elite and bosses

It can still be the same effective drop rate it just needs to come from a harder challenge.

They can even make the bosses more difficult. They should take some tips from the folks that designed RIFT. Those dungeons are insanely difficult and drop the best loots. But then again, we are talking about blizzard developers. Where one "wall" from a champ/elite will make you stuck. PRO programming....
Reply Quote
I never post anything on these forums, because I think a lot of people here just cry so much about this game.

But this post made re-think about how I feel about this game, and specially when I look to this trailer, I remember what was the Diablo 3 that I wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038

This post really made me think about how this game was consolized, and how the customize options as been erased.

What Diablo needs today are Stats, or a Pssive skill tree (like Path of Exile), who let player experimentations with diferent builds, and no increasing the damage of the active powers, or the buffs.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110121215426/pathofexile/images/thumb/f/fb/PC_Gamer_Trailer_screenshot.jpg/1000px-PC_Gamer_Trailer_screenshot.jpg

PS: Sorry if my english is not that good.
Reply Quote
PoE is so awesome that, just by playing with the passive skill tree is fun for me lol.

imo, d3 made their biggest mistake in changing stats to WoW-type and making items come with singular 'random properties'. Even before you id, you know the rare will have 2/3 chance of being thrash.
Reply Quote
PoE is so awesome that, just by playing with the passive skill tree is fun for me lol.

imo, d3 made their biggest mistake in changing stats to WoW-type and making items come with singular 'random properties'. Even before you id, you know the rare will have 2/3 chance of being thrash.

2/3? more like 99/100

edit: 999/1000
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/23/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]

This I found really interesting also as I played through the first few times. It was like the bosses where just there but offered nothing extra. Uber bosses come to mind also, fight the hardest battle of the game thus far and then you see a pile of blues drop and two or three TERRIBLE rares...and yet again you are left feeling slightly cheated for all your hard work.
Reply Quote
[quote]

This I found really interesting also as I played through the first few times. It was like the bosses where just there but offered nothing extra. Uber bosses come to mind also, fight the hardest battle of the game thus far and then you see a pile of blues drop and two or three TERRIBLE rares...and yet again you are left feeling slightly cheated for all your hard work.

and there answer to this is giving the mini bosses 50% chance to drop plans that you have a 999/1000 chance of getting anything worth a damn.. Ive crafted over 300 ammys on PTR. Got one decent ammy.. Even then. crafting is for MMORPGS, which just proves our point further that blizzard needs to Drop the WoW bull!@#$ from this game. I'm about to go try PoE.. I have a 300k/3.0aps demonhunter too, still so disappointed in this game.
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/23/2013 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

I'm not sure I understand the point you are making. I presume the game was designed to allow normal play > finding loot as a progression method, so I presume next, it would be a simple process to alter the current code so that this is less ( assuming it truly does NEED fixing in that regard) frustrating for those that find it so.

Is this a signal from Blizzard, that the current loot table is indeed skewed to the AH systems instead of making the 'find' more rewarding, as some here are saying ?

I would find that highly irregular if so, as while I know why the AH system exists , for those that don't want the grind necessarily, I also thought that the whole idea was to make the AH systems a choice, not a necessity; or are you saying that its 'adequate' right now, and if so, by what percentage ? How long should it in theory take for someone grinding normally,to find gear that allows them to progress , and we can assume, in such a way that death is less likely, therefore the experience being more fun/rewarding.

Ty for commenting on this thread and I look fwd to a response ( from anyone).

Just for the record. I realize 'grinding' was part of everything D2:LOD was all about, but not being privy to the coding for the loot table/RNG, I have no idea nor should I, about the relation to other games and how that plays out to a fun experience for grinders.
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 1/23/2013 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

and there answer to this is giving the mini bosses 50% chance to drop plans that you have a 999/1000 chance of getting anything worth a damn.. Ive crafted over 300 ammys on PTR. Got one decent ammy.. Even then. crafting is for MMORPGS, which just proves our point further that blizzard needs to Drop the WoW bull!@#$ from this game. I'm about to go try PoE.. I have a 300k/3.0aps demonhunter too, still so disappointed in this game.

I think if done right crafting can work. What needs to happen is say you start with a base white or blue then the damage roll is based on the modifier for that item. Then you add in an item that will grant you another stat say chest armor for added armor to the new item, then you add a gem which will garauntee the coresponding stat rolls on the new item and the level of the gem determines the stat range of the roll. The number of items you can include should be based on your crafting level which coressponds to your exp and of course has a fee. I think they could even make the crafting level exp be based on the number of items you id ( the thought here being you need to see the properties in use before you can figure out how to make them).
Reply Quote
View profile
whiners again...

like a broken needle, kid, you missin the point.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how the game play video from the OP is so much better then anything that we got. rofl
Reply Quote
The number of items you can include should be based on your crafting level which coressponds to your exp and of course has a fee.

You think that this is the answer? You are not thinking it all the way through my man... This just opens the door for macros/botters. A simple mouses point n' click macro and I would be max exp in 2 days.... Crafting shouldn't even be in this game.
Reply Quote
Good post.

It's nice to hear a blue post that they are at least looking at itemization.

I will be playing poe till it is fixed.

Please give me a reason to come back, I WANT to come back but it's so boring the way it is now.

I would also like to see white items and blue items become usable.

Similar to how you could use the white item as a base for other items in d2.

For example make the crafting recipe cost mats + whatever type of item you're trying to make.

At least in d2 white or magical items could be cubed to make another item.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
The number of items you can include should be based on your crafting level which coressponds to your exp and of course has a fee.

You think that this is the answer? You are not thinking it all the way through my man... This just opens the door for macros/botters. A simple mouses point n' click macro and I would be max exp in 2 days.... Crafting shouldn't even be in this game.

Make crafted items bound to player and botters have no reason to do it. I could care less about AH money I am trying to give ideas to add to diversity, re-playability, and self-found/self created means to winning. This also has many many avenues to help the PvP. Say you get special items for PvP accomplishments which allow you to add aesthetic customization to your gear. Would you not like to roll with a Barbarian wearing Bear's Head for your helm, or a WD with a shrunken head necklace, Maybe a Demon Hunter with a pair of Icarus boots, Or a Wizard with an old school Merlin robe on. Not to mention having the ability to achieve success through playing the game rather than trolling the AH. Also I believe the cost to create elite gear should be high e.g. a legendary item iLVL 61 or higher to get Godly stats for that section or a fully upgraded gem as well as the training cost and exp grinding required to get there. I also think every item should affect a particular stat and you do not learn those relationships until you have progressed through your levels. At any rate cheaters will continue to cheat no matter what so why ruin my experience just to prevent them from being the first to get an achievement?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

2/3? more like 99/100

edit: 999/1000

9999/10000
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]