Diablo® III

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

Heh,

Get this, I have spent years trying to get a Grandfather thru drops and trade but to no avail. I was able to get 3 Enigma, 1 Windforce and some others thru trades and drop....got a Chain of Honor, Fortitude thru Runwords. Than about 3 weeks ago i was playing Diablo 3 and lo and behold a Legendary sword drop.. I unid it and waiting for that 5 seconds for the bar to complete and mouth forming by the mouth, I unid a Grandfather Sword of all thing in D3....... And it sucks! a sword with with sub par stats worth no more than 600,00 gold man That just made me feel so down getting a Gf in D3 that was worthless in every way. I guess i can use it to swat a fly. Well back to D2 Lod for the real Grandfather even if it takes me another 3 years!!! or so D2 lod still worth playing for it's satisfaction that comes with it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I could get back into this game if 1 thing happened.

A ladder mode with no auction house.
Reply Quote
I could quit this game if 1 thing happened.

Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

See ya. Auction house went against everything players from the diablo 2 era like,

trading, economy. and community interaction.

Now you can just spend some real money and never have to do anything else

Where is the fun in throwing money at the best items? Great you got it all.. you beat the game. Afk till Diablo 4
Reply Quote
I could get back into this game if 1 thing happened.

You can't remove the AH without completely rethinking the loot system and preserve an enjoyable experience. How would you possibly gear your characters or progress through MP without an AH at current droprates and roll rules? You would be stuck on low MP levels praying to get legendaries (which would be very scarce at poor kill speed and low MP), then praying that they roll decent, while praying yet again that each rare rolls something useful for your class or an alt and not just a random 3-6 affixes. The drop system won't support meaningful player progression without an AH. It wasn't designed to...
Reply Quote
Auction house went against everything players from the diablo 2 era like,

Waste of time. I don't like playing Who Is The Bigger Tightwad with strangers.

And on the basis of most posters here, community interaction is not a selling point.

I could, but I haven't.

Meanwhile, I'll use GAH for trading and spend my free time actually playing the game.
Where is the fun in throwing money at the best items? Great you got it all.. you beat the game. Afk till Diablo 4

Anything is fun if you're drunk enough.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i can only agree with OP, watching that video it shows a game that looks like something i want, but not something i have access too
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

How would it be hard to just not take the auction houses into account regarding the loot? That is the problem. Well and the gear is boring and just stat sticks.

I know you want to keep the RMAH going and that is why it is taking so long for anything of substance to change in the game. If it negatively affects the RMAH we won't see that change happen. Most of us aren't naive enough to not figure this out by now.

Once you stop basing the game and any decision around the RMAH, the sooner this game will become what it should have been.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Sol
nice post you seem to know what exactly is the problem with this game
Thank you very much.

Could not agree more. i was really hoping for something amazing.... They didn't even keep that first level they showed with the barb and that was one area i was most excited to play.
Reply Quote
this must have taken a while....I normally dont read these forums but I'm killing time at work:P

Overall I don't have many issues with D3 but for as you said the loot system. When i first started to play I wanted to complete the game without the auction house. it was going to be my personal challenge. I remember reading a guide and it said if your having trouble progressing just farm in that area and you can upgrade your gear that way. This proved uterly useless to me.

example...
I was stuck in act 3 inferno mode on Ghom(before they nerfed inferno/paragon system). so i spent a majority of my time farming the castle depths or whatever it is called. I had to have spent over 30-40 hours in total attempting to upgrade my gear. In that entire time I believe I found two pieces of gear that actually made a deference. With all that time It took me to acquire those 2 pieces it made absolutely no difference when it came to that fight. I eventually broke down and used the action house. I was then eventually able to beat Ghom and finish the game. Point being the game was to hard if you didn't have the luck to find anything good, making the AH the go to place every time I leveled up or need/want an upgrade.

Last I want to say is that Legendary's are better now that they drop more frequently but still i mostly just get poopy ones. When I first got the game I remember being so excited that i got a legendary within my first 20 hrs, was some barb belt that did kinda help me out. then I went about 200+ hrs before finding my next witch was pretty annoying...I find since the Paragon implementation and them doubling the drop rate it made a minor difference but over all the quality of the pieces are still pretty sad even with the items being "buffed up".

Other than those two issues I don't have many problems with D3 and the game it delivers. sure there could be more character story and things to go with that but i generally feel that wouldn't do anything to the game at this point. I trust that we are in good hands and Diablo 3 will continue to evolve. I have logged many hours and will continue to log a bunch more. Maybe hopefully have a paragon 100 character...

thanks for you input dude, I understand what your saying and agree with mostly everything. Tune up the loot system and stabilize the economy and this will do wonders... More than the community/you can imagine!

Hopefully I made sense here, because I'm not good at explaining myself. JC out
Reply Quote
Sorry if im repeating someone else but there is 24 pages of this and i dont have the time to read them all.

Not only are 99% of all items useless, there are weapon item types that become useless because a legendary or duelwielding monopolizes the weapon slots. For example Manticore with two sockets w/ a quiver will be better than any two one handed x-bows you can find.
Shields, two-handed non xbow weapons are garbage because duelwielding is better overall.
having a shield should have a modest overal armor boost(or something to that effect), where two handed weapons(excluding xbows) should have a modest %weapon dmg boost.
Something to this effect should bring the cost of useable items down since everyone wont be after the same weapons.

Id also like to see a legends that could compete with the most used legends(like vilewards.. i mean come on how many people do you see with vilewards?.. alot!)

Not only are we all the same because theres no real variation of the skills, but were all very similar because there is little variation of items used..

and of course the loot system as stated by op.

each race only has 3-4 good passive skills.ex. DH's Cull the weak cannot compare to Archery, Steady Aim, or Sharpshooter. Adding a little variety to the skills utility would be a great place to start.

As far a story is concerned i never really connected to it. there was no real suspense, there was no feeling. The bosses yammered away but were pushovers. The followers had interesting backgrounds and favors they needed from us that we never got to actually go out and do(I mean how sick would a mini level of saving the scoundral's brother from jail have been?). i mean maybe the theif guild attacks us on our way from actI-II. Its the little details that count really, but we just marched from Whats going on? Oh Cain is dead, lets kill a demon lord! oh that demon is dead.. Lets go Kill a demon Lord!... Lea died? that was random.. Lets go Kill a Demon Lord!(the cut scene of diablo entering heaven was so BA though!).

I know the story isnt exactly the main focus of games like this but i mean.. i guess im only complaining because i enjoy a good story or maybe i just need to go to bed.
Edited by Soul#1183 on 1/23/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

"We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area."

NO it's not. What people say are not what's always true. YOU devs should know better you are supposedly pro.

Most people complain about unable to get their own upgrade - because they simply cry over low drop rate itself, not that they actually must farm items for their own chars.

Reflecting elements of real life and humane elements is what makes Diablo series fun, not what ppl cry over the forum. There's delicate discretion I believe good devs should be able to handle.

Again..you game devs job is to find what ppl will actually feel fun in the long term..not about stuff some players are crying over the forum right now..
Reply Quote
If you add a mechanism that removes older gear from the game you will see that curve balance out. The biggest problem is that its much easier buying something on AH than it is to loot it. But the thing you bought on AH might have been looted 6months ago and it just gets recycled (Generally at a lesser value). So unless its the top 10% of that item, it's value most likely will drop over time. Unless it retains its top 10% status...
Edited by Moe#1737 on 1/23/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Pleases add a separated game mode (both SC and HC) without AH and higher drop rate for legendaries :)
I almost never find legenderies on my way to lvl 60 when I play self found gear on HC.
(also keep making forge more interesting ;) )
Reply Quote
See ya. Auction house went against everything players from the diablo 2 era like,

...what's that sound? It's the sound of your image of D2 SHATTERING when I inform you that players in D2 did, in fact, trade real money for in-game items. I know this for a fact, because I sold items to people.

RMAH or no RMAH, people will still use money to get what they want. Your argument holds no water.
Reply Quote
Centralized, anonymous, asocial AH is the best thing that ever happened with Diablo.

No thanks, I don't want to spend half a day spamming WTB or WTS in some crappy trade channels and deal with scammers non-stop.

Also unique items with static affixes like in Diablo 2 are extremely boring, especially when some of the supporters loved all the duping in D2.

The Diablo 3 item rolling system is the most beautiful system this world has ever seen up to date. More proper gold and item sinks are all that is needed, plus some more diverse affixes. The core rolling engine is absolutely fantastic!

Yes, some skills/runes need to be improved, but that is work in progress.
Reply Quote
Id also like to see a legends that could compete with the most used legends(like vilewards.. i mean come on how many people do you see with vilewards?.. alot!)

Not only are we all the same because theres no real variation of the skills, but were all very similar because there is little variation of items used..
This was no different than Diablo 2.
Oh look, there's someone wearing 2x SoJ, Shako, Enigma.
Oh look, another character. Hm, 2x SoJ, Shako, Enigma.
Hmm... another? Yup. 2x SoJ, Shako, Enigma.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]