Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

01/22/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Kezmaefele
You asked what we honestly thought about Blizzard. I told you. What is the problem?

They took the role playing elements out of the action role playing genre, and dubbed down a fantastically simple series into full blown elementary basics of gaming... Just you know without proper hit detection like most modern games.
Reply Quote
sucks. they think their god but in fact they got lazy and bad.
time to step up.
Reply Quote
Pretty much have to agree with the OP.
Reply Quote
Mike Morhaime sold out. Activision bought in. Both were money moves.

The gaming community pays.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Technoviking
have they always done this or just since the activision injection?

Since 94 to be precise. They haven't become part of a big corporation when Activision Blizzard was created, they were part of it long before that.
Reply Quote
Mike Morhaime sold out. Activision bought in. Both were money moves.

The gaming community pays.

Activision bought Blizzard? When? Oh that's right, they didn't.

Activision Blizzard is a holding company formed with the merger of Vivendi Games and Activision. Since then Activision is owned by Vivendi, the same company that owns Blizzard since 1998.

Blizzard sold out back in 1994 when they were bought by Davidson & Associates.
Reply Quote
though i did enjoy D3 for some time while i think it's quite broken due to pay2win nature, end result of playinf D3 for me is learning to carefully examine the game and contemplate about other alternative offerings before purchasing instead of rushing to drop the $ on the game JUST because its by Blizzard and the 3rd generation of a once great franchise...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You asked what we honestly thought about Blizzard. I told you. What is the problem?

In a constructive thread detailing the problems with Blizzard's business practices and consumer interaction, you hop in and say " Blizz games are still good to me...Anti-corporate hate-train...I think a lot of gamers are just sad little unhappy people" GTFO here with your smallmindedness and troll another thread

What problems? If you have a specific problem go to the support forum. If you just want to rant about big bad Bli$$ord in general then I believe you are just working an agenda.

Your thread isn't constructive. It's just more tinfoil hatery. You start with the premise that Blizz is an evil money grubbing sell out and work your way from there.

Don't try to tell me that your thread is constructive or that you have the best of intentions. You can dress up your rant all you want but its still a rant. What is it you are trying to accomplish? Do you really think you posting on the D3 forums with an agenda against Blizzard is going to accomplish something positive? No. This thread (and many others like it) simply become a place for uninformed posters with nothing but opinions to spout off about things that they know next to nothing about in a righteous tirade of crap.

I don't hate Blizzard and I don't have a problem with the way they run their company (I could give two flips about it) and I happen to like their games. Frankly, I'd like to see a whole lot less talking about Blizzard on this (and WOW) forums and a whole lot more actually talking about the games. Because so much of this kind of discussion is opinion and conjecture. It serves no point other than to stir up flamewars. I like D3. These are the D3 forums. I'd like to come the forums to talk about D3.
Edited by Kezmaefele#1109 on 1/22/2013 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Virgo4Ever
No company stays the same as it was for long, get over it.

Bullcrap kid look at BMW just for an example...they have improved so much over the past 30 yrs even match this 10 yrs and they still deliver the best vehicle on the roads by far. Blizz is my BMW but I agree somewhat with the OP money and society has changed this company along with demands from millions of fans who want it ALL now and easier.
I see NO change in ALL gaming for another 10 yrs at least because tech. is so expensive and the money incoming for dev. is NOT available ppl are greedy and disrespectful totally and until this era of ignorant ppl settle down and HELP rather than as they say QQ the market in gaming will be as it is.
Gamers need to be helpful in a positive way and stop with the downright ignorance and stupidity you can be very smart and helful but choose to fight amongst yourselfs like kids in the schoolyards..sobiet you get what you asked for...IMO
Reply Quote
@OP:

actiblizz is not going to change. they don't care/listen. all publicly held companies are the same way: they don't serve their customers, they serve the almighty god of $$ and consequently their shareholders.

all you, i, or the next dissatisfied customer can do to combat this is: not buy their products. :(
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Pawox
Bullcrap kid look at BMW just for an example...they have improved so much over the past 30 yrs

So they didn't stay the same, they improved. What exactly is "Bullcrap" about his post?
Reply Quote
They are probably making tons of money - sounds like a corporation too me. No game is perfect - no company is perfect - and honestly - I'm not qualified to make a statement about blizz anyways - just a gamer
Reply Quote
Will fail to produce deep, next level games in the next few years and probably be sold off after in a final cash out.

A simple comparison would be Warcraft III, where Blizzard cared enough to include a map editor to improve the overall quality of the game. The expense of a map editor is that it takes away some focus on the actual game and puts it on the mod(map)/modder, like DotA.

At the same time, even back then, Blizzard didn't care enough to do anything about rampant maphacking in warcraft III that basically destroyed the competitive part to the game and made it a loserville of maphackerpros that are the forefathers to the casual pay2wins that plague these games now.

At one time Blizzard made their name by producing next level games. The trend ended recently with Warcraft 3 and WoW. Its not 2000s anymore and it doesnt take a large name studio like Blizzard to make games. The smaller teams are sometimes able to more efficently produce meaningful content that is next level and not a regression to easier and simpler mechanics that are so trendy today like movie scenes.

Blizzard has become too big, with too many pots of gold to fill. What kind of company supports multiboxing for its MMOs and is famous for doing almost nothing against hacking/botting. Famous for taking years to release content that should take months like theres some hidden timeline meant to stretch things out to buy time in the stagnant mess. Famous for having dev teams that will work on a game 7 years then post 2 times in its official forums. The only contact we have is with sugar coated CMs that love ideas and let us know that the teams busy thinking about everything suggested and working hard to make a game with obvious flaws due to a profit model somehow better (but it doesnt get better).

If you are an observant person i don't see how you can miss the downward spiral Blizzard has engaged in. Good luck with games that take 7 years to create and lose almost all of its population (including streamers) in less than 7 months, due to self admitted core failure. Core failure on pvp also, leaves us with something that could have shipped with the box, makes me wonder if it wasn't intended all along as a lure to be saved for damage control.

TL/DR - Going to Blizzard for gaming is like going to McDonalds for a hamburger and expecting something edible.
Edited by p0t#1360 on 1/22/2013 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think it's funny how a lot of Americans hate corporations, when they are the only thing keeping their sh*t economy afloat right now. We'll see how well you guys do after another 4 years of Obama - look at California flourish under the Democrats!

Also, this is a public company, you can spend a few $ and become one of the evil shareholders if you want. Why do you believe people who invest in stocks are any different than you? I would bet most people who do are just the average person, and if you are an average person... well it seems reasonable to think they not unlike you.

If you were truly against this, you wouldn't support it with your time or money. But you aren't and you don't realize that without these evil corporations, you wouldn't have anything.

While I agree that D3 has many issues with it, I do not believe they stem from Blizzard being a corporation. They simply had a poor development team, end of story. But I believe the development team thought they were producing a great game, and they did not just push it out the door for profits. Wasn't it this community that pressured them to early release anyways? No-one wanted to wait for them to spend time to fix it, people were in such an uproar to release, so they did, perhaps there is a connection there and some accountability needs to be placed on us.

As far as people who are concerned with them making $$$ with the RMAH, etc. all of those fees were collected by other people like those whom ran www.D2legit.com in the past. If I designed a service and saw people make huge $$$ off of it without including me in the profits, I would be upset too. It was their hard work and $$$ that developed this game, why would it not just make sense and be fair that they get the money resulting from it? The RMAH simply shifted the money from being spent elsewhere - but it would have been spent. So why not support Blizz?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:17 AMPosted by p0t
Going to Blizzard for gaming is like going to McDonalds for a hamburger and expecting something edible.

McDonalds food is edible, duh. A more effective analogy would be Ordering a happy meal and expecting a 3-course meal.

01/22/2013 09:27 AMPosted by JBGetSome
As far as people who are concerned with them making $$$ with the RMAH, etc. all of those fees were collected by other people like those whom ran www.D2legit.com in the past. If I designed a service and saw people make huge $$$ off of it without including me in the profits, I would be upset too. It was their hard work and $$$ that developed this game, why would it not just make sense and be fair that they get the money resulting from it? The RMAH simply shifted the money from being spent elsewhere - but it would have been spent.

I don't understand why other people don't realize this and whine about the RMAH instead...
Edited by Pookie258#1243 on 1/22/2013 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Technoviking
You people

What do you mean?
Reply Quote
Carebear BS for the casual gamer.... they used to offer very challenging and exciting gaming/content
Edited by Skyfoo#1526 on 1/22/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why work to keep one user, when you can dumb the game down and gain ten more?

Maybe one day, when UNICEF gets into the gaming business, they can focus on depth and quality before ease of play, but until then, Blizzard are the people to see.

And the AH is great. Although it removes great elements from the game and adds poor ones to it, it pays the monthly fees. I, for one, would not have purchased if there was a monthly cash fee.
Edited by brownaye#1657 on 1/22/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]