Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

Blizzard is not the company that it once represented. I have enjoyed all blizzard titles since inception. I am a 31 year old gamer that has played video games all my life spanning all the early pc/console cycles to current gen PC. Blizzard has sold out period. the day they decided to focus attention on cornering the market and mass profit mechanisms is when the decline commenced.

Blizzard has sunken into the realm of corporate mentality profit driven ego centric elitists. The disconnect between Blizz upper management and their consumers has become ENORMOUS. Blizz simply spins issues in a light that seems logical and interesting and executes them completely different. From your awful WoW built in customer support system prerendering generic ticket responses, to your D3 CMs with their "damage control PR mode vanilla non fact revealing" responses on these forums--the lack of transparency is crippling.

You people decided to take the greedy road over the road of quality competant games. I saw a lot of this nonsense when activision got their hands in. Bobby Kotick is textbook for "mass profit mechanism snake oil salesman" style games. I understand you are in it for profit--but the line must be drawn somewhere. Less worry about shareholder quarterly statements and more on QUALITY game /franchise improvements would go a long way. Seek our feedback instead of the "ignore and redirect complete media blackout" campaign you love to use so often. Maybe then you can revive your diehard fans and re-gain the respectand admiration this community once had for the company!

**All the information that I listed is my own opinion. I do not want blizzard to fail, I WANT THEM TO SUCCEED! However, I feel that if drastic measures are not taken then blizzard's consumers will eventually see the disconnect/greed and simply stop buying their products.
Welcome to the real world buddy.
Reply Quote
View profile
last game i buy from them on automatic. reviews better be damn good and i'll wait a month to scrutinize them like every other game i buy. Blizzard gets no free pass.

They grew up into a crappy corporate studio like the rest some good some bad. just a matter of time b4 they give us console ports prolly like bethesda.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/22/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree, I won't buy a game soon as it comes out again. Will wait for reviews or 1+ year of game release date.
Reply Quote
Will fail to produce deep, next level games in the next few years and probably be sold off after in a final cash out.
A simple comparison would be Warcraft III, where Blizzard cared enough to include a map editor to improve the overall quality of the game. The expense of a map editor is that it takes away some focus on the actual game and puts it on the mod(map)/modder, like DotA.

At the same time, even back then, Blizzard didn't care enough to do anything about rampant maphacking in warcraft III that basically destroyed the competitive part to the game and made it a loserville of maphackerpros that are the forefathers to the casual pay2wins that plague these games now.

At one time Blizzard made their name by producing next level games. The trend ended recently with Warcraft 3 and WoW. Its not 2000s anymore and it doesnt take a large name studio like Blizzard to make games. The smaller teams are sometimes able to more efficently produce meaningful content that is next level and not a regression to easier and simpler mechanics that are so trendy today like movie scenes.

Blizzard has become too big, with too many pots of gold to fill. What kind of company supports multiboxing for its MMOs and is famous for doing almost nothing against hacking/botting. Famous for taking years to release content that should take months like theres some hidden timeline meant to stretch things out to buy time in the stagnant mess. Famous for having dev teams that will work on a game 7 years then post 2 times in its official forums. The only contact we have is with sugar coated CMs that love ideas and let us know that the teams busy thinking about everything suggested and working hard to make a game with obvious flaws due to a profit model somehow better (but it doesnt get better).

If you are an observant person i don't see how you can miss the downward spiral Blizzard has engaged in. Good luck with games that take 7 years to create and lose almost all of its population (including streamers) in less than 7 months, due to self admitted core failure. Core failure on pvp also, leaves us with something that could have shipped with the box, makes me wonder if it wasn't intended all along as a lure to be saved for damage control.

TL/DR - Going to Blizzard for gaming is like going to McDonalds for a hamburger and expecting something edible.

I agree 100%. well said sir
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP.

I'll add that they also seem to have given up on anything original. Three IP's that they concentrate on, and are running into the ground. Zero creativity came out of Blizzard in the last 10 or so years.

That's the corporate mentality for you though. Stifle creativity and maximize the profits. Even thought creativity is what made the company profitable in the first place.
Reply Quote
this thread means nothing to them. not that i disagree with you, but they want money and that is it. im also kind of losing all that respect i once had for blizzard. the very idea of a RMAH and even an AH is just ridiculous, specialy when you think of the consequences on the game design. not only that, i kinda dislike the way sc2 multiplayer is being treated past months. the design has become kinda boring and they delay some changes a lot. not to mention BAS is still in pre-alpha stage (or something like that) while the hype on moba games is slowly fading away.

shame on you, blizz.
Reply Quote
Will fail to produce deep, next level games in the next few years and probably be sold off after in a final cash out.

A simple comparison would be Warcraft III, where Blizzard cared enough to include a map editor to improve the overall quality of the game. The expense of a map editor is that it takes away some focus on the actual game and puts it on the mod(map)/modder, like DotA.

At the same time, even back then, Blizzard didn't care enough to do anything about rampant maphacking in warcraft III that basically destroyed the competitive part to the game and made it a loserville of maphackerpros that are the forefathers to the casual pay2wins that plague these games now.

At one time Blizzard made their name by producing next level games. The trend ended recently with Warcraft 3 and WoW. Its not 2000s anymore and it doesnt take a large name studio like Blizzard to make games. The smaller teams are sometimes able to more efficently produce meaningful content that is next level and not a regression to easier and simpler mechanics that are so trendy today like movie scenes.

Blizzard has become too big, with too many pots of gold to fill. What kind of company supports multiboxing for its MMOs and is famous for doing almost nothing against hacking/botting. Famous for taking years to release content that should take months like theres some hidden timeline meant to stretch things out to buy time in the stagnant mess. Famous for having dev teams that will work on a game 7 years then post 2 times in its official forums. The only contact we have is with sugar coated CMs that love ideas and let us know that the teams busy thinking about everything suggested and working hard to make a game with obvious flaws due to a profit model somehow better (but it doesnt get better).

If you are an observant person i don't see how you can miss the downward spiral Blizzard has engaged in. Good luck with games that take 7 years to create and lose almost all of its population (including streamers) in less than 7 months, due to self admitted core failure. Core failure on pvp also, leaves us with something that could have shipped with the box, makes me wonder if it wasn't intended all along as a lure to be saved for damage control.

TL/DR - Going to Blizzard for gaming is like going to McDonalds for a hamburger and expecting something edible.

coming from a guy who has 10K elite kills, u sure like them bigmacs don't you buddy?
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 07:04 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Blizz is continually fixing and improving their games

Where are you getting this info from? What have they exactly fixed or improved? It seems to me that the vast majority agrees this game has gone backwards which leaves you and less than a handful of others who think otherwise.

so what exactly is fixed/improved?
Reply Quote
I keep thinking to myself that D2 wasn't perfect when it came out. The major improvements to the game didn't occur until D2:LoD, but that's just my opinion based on my play style.

I have the same hope for D3. It reminds me of when D2 came out, that it is essentially a shell for a possibly great game.

But we will have to pay more money to play the final version: D3 Expansion
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Montford
I agree Blizzard is not the same company it was when WoW was released, actually after the TBC expansion is when i felt that blizzard as a company has started to decline.

Says the guy with a level 90 character... what has kept you playing the game?
Reply Quote
Blizzard stopped delivering quality games with the Burning Crusade.
TBC: Crap - Quit WoW
Frozen Throne: Crap
Cataclysm: Crap - Got all expansions for like $5, quit again
MoP: Crap
Starcraft 2: Crap
Diablo 3: Crap
Starcraft 2: Expansion 1 - Crap

Blizzard has no hope to recover, they can just feed off their WoW, since it has made them profit to survive the next 200 years.
Reply Quote
I say let the market show how should Blizzard operate in future.

Lets support real game coders. Firaxis (2k) [XCOM, Civilization] and Creative Assembly (Sega) [Total War] as well as focus on quality produced by small start-ups that could, with today's technology, supersede today's big-office production groups.

I have a favorite one, 1C (1S), which is a russian based group (and a fairly large one) who produced games such as Allods (not the online ones, but the 1 & 2 were awesome); IL-2 and Men of War.

If we take our interest, and the liquidity that comes with it, out of products supplied to us by Blizzard and alike, they will be forced to change to stay alive or close down for good, making way for those who can learn on Blizzard mistakes.

In my worldview, Blizzard is no different from McDonalds, supplying us with iconic, but altogether aweful stuff that is even worse than it looks like.
Reply Quote
The Frozen Throne was crap? I thought Warcraft III was friggin' sweet. I'm actually hoping for another similar game, not another WoW.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is like RARE..after they got bought by microsoft they never brought any game that could compare to GoldenEye64...
Reply Quote
Truth be told, once Blizzard hooked up with Activision, their sealed their fate.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Faust
Truth be told, once Blizzard hooked up with Activision, their sealed their fate.

I feel pretty much the same. However, their fate isn't sealed. It's up to them whether they want to go back to blizz of old and rediscover their passion for well designed, original IPs. They can still make record profits. This can be a win win tbh. If only the decision makers at blizz read these forums and got a sense of where the company stands in the eyes of their supporters, even if a small majority. I truly believe blizz can rebound from this. Less focus on milking profit from every outlet and more transparency/community interaction would go a LONG way!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]