Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

and that's where we can agree to disagree, me and the x other players who enjoyed LoL, WC3, SC, etc... and you
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Koopaling
and that's where we can agree to disagree, me and the x other players who enjoyed LoL, WC3, SC, etc... and you

And that is fine, people expect different things from games. SC was not the best RTS out when it came out, AOE-RoR was. WC3 is an awful game and LOL is just horrible, they are some of the worst games to ever be released and still be popular. D2 was garbage at release, seriously it was a bad game where 90% of my guild quit by the end of the 1st month, the expansion completely saved that game. You can disagree if you want but it is the truth as seen by my 50 player guild. The same way some players hate D3 is how people thought of D2 a long time ago.
Reply Quote
Blizzard just needs a nice kick in the @$$ from their hardcore fan base. Unless they are turning soft, we will just have to find a company that appreciates the dedicated gamers. I really hope they dont f*ck up WC-4...
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Arobee
Blizzard started to decline when they turned Warcraft into an MMORPG. Huge mistake made there, the expansions were mistakes, and they kept on that same track when they made SC2 and D3. The release of World of Warcraft marked the time when Blizzard decided they didn't care about what the customer wanted any more and only cared about their wallets. I will never play WoW because it's not Blizzard, that's not the kind of game Blizzard is known for, and honestly neither are SC2 or D3. D3 has potential, but they're going to have to work themselves to the bone to REALLY fix it. SC2 is a lost cause, as is WoW. I'd like to see Blizzard return to their former glory, when they were a GOOD company that cared about their customers and made good games.

....retarded
Reply Quote
i used to love blizzard and have been a long term supporter. yes, i even pre-ordered sc2:hots, because sc2 is one of very few games out there that one can still call "competitive" - FPS are dead and the only alternatives are hon/lol or other dota clones that are simply bad.

what leaves a REALLY foul taste regarding diablo 3 is the following: i remember an interview with some guy from blizzard talking about how they don't actually want to drive people away from wow by releasing diablo 3. if you want customers to stick to one of your products they are paying a monthly subscription for, just release a game that last for a little while, but has no real end-game content.
at the same time, allow botters, allow dupes, allow every farming strategy possible - there are interviews with farmers around saying that they run 1000 accounts in parallel. conspiracy theory anyone? if accounts get banned, they need to "rebuy" their entry to diablo 3. at the same time, blizzard gets its fair share from any item sold by a bot-farmer.

that's a pretty smart business model, isn't it?

The only mistake with it is that niche demographic that doesn't play WoW.

You can't get them to play WoW. D3 however, you could have.

The problem was D3 had far too many WoW-lite elements to it because it was created by WoW designers and developers. Even the art falls on the WoW-lite side. It is certainly as colorful as WoW. You are right to an extent. They made it comparable to WoW because WoW is mainstream. !@#$ the niche, right? If they can get the mainstream to pick up D3 for a few months while paying an annual pass to WoW they've done a good thing for their shareholders.

But all it did was turn off both demographics. D3 doesn't entertain the WoW crowd anymore than it does the D2 crowd. Right from the start the worst move happened by pushing Blizzard North to Blizzard HQ in CA. They weren't happy with where D3 was heading and I understand that they didn't want a competing MMO model. The problem is we're talking about two different demographics. They should have realized that.
Reply Quote
good morning.

To clarify to those that play the "every company is about making profits" card. I am not against blizz making record profits! that is just absurd-The issue that arises is when this drive to make $$ comprimises the company's integrity. It is evident that this desire to amass record profits has tainted the company's ability to release new, ground breaking content. Instead, they play it same and offer this "mediocre recycled safe" content. When $$ is the driving factor in 99.9% of a video game compnay's decisions, the consumers suffer. look at the awful console release cycles like the COD holiday release rehash nonsense. It is just a matter of time before educated gamers recognize this and move on. It is really a shame because blizz can recapture their core, true audience and reinvigorate the company's reputation as well as make mass profits--if they just listened to their consumers and became semi-transparent!
Reply Quote
They cater to the kids,give them graphics and explosions. Profit.

thinking is hard ? go to blizzard
gameplay is hard? go to blizzard
antisocial in game systems that makes you ignore everyone ? go to blizzard. Cuz who need's to find people when you can press ze button and be ported in..."oh man you healed soo good,too bad i won't see you again","hey bro you need that sword for this gem here?","yea bro thanks! hope i get to trade again with ya".oh well.

and all this happened after Ulduar raid (in WoW) wonder what changed.
Edited by Sikkens#2951 on 1/23/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Honest

In my eyes blizzard has taken a massive nosedive after pushing out diablo. Its not just that the game is far from being a decent product, its also the massive amount of duping going on. Just check the AH, its a joke. I was under the impression that the online only component was to stop this. But no.
Reply Quote
Honest

In my eyes blizzard has taken a massive nosedive after pushing out diablo. Its not just that the game is far from being a decent product, its also the massive amount of duping going on. Just check the AH, its a joke. I was under the impression that the online only component was to stop this. But no.

Nowhere near as bad as what we had in D2. But yeah the fact they had an online only system to stop the horrible duping we had in D2 and they still have rampant duping is a big negative.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I'll agree to disagree.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Zyron
Every REAL gamer out there feels cheated. Gl selling 10m copies of anything again.

Right. REAL gamers. That doesn't sound insular and pathetic at all.
Reply Quote
36 Gnome Rogue
im feeling the same way. blizzard just doesnt feel like a 'great' company anymore. just good enuf.

diablo 3 is a big failure "imo". (just my opinion really. might not be same as others).

starcraft 2 is kind of eh. takes them too long to come up with more content (story wise/maps/missions). its currently catered too much to the esports crowd.

whatever happened to the map store/market?

warcraft rts needs a come back.

world of warcraft with the except of pet battles, over all wow is just plain boring. same thing over and over. the idea of leveling is just old. its all about end game so why bother with superficial leveling barrier. story telling? u can do that at max level. wow is just boring. player housing might be nice. wow is so boring it makes all other mmo's boring. when i try playing another mmo. even though they do it better than wow or is great in story telling etc. the wow feeling makes me puke and get sick of playing them past level 10 or the first 25mins. the idea of leveling is just awful.

Now- would be interesting if WoW focused more on that battle pets. maybe turn it into skylanders. or have ways for us to play it on mobile apps (phone or tablet or something).

All i can hope for now is Titan. And I hope titan is a space game genre.
Reply Quote
its all about end game so why bother with superficial leveling barrier. story telling? u can do that at max level

While I agree with you that WoW is just boring at this point I have to strongly disagree with this part. The most fun by far in WoW is leveling up a character. Especially on a new PvP server. The end game is just droll, run the same content over and over and over again using the same abilities so you can get slightly bigger numbers. Snooze fest.

The point is different people like different things. To me if you took out the leveling I would have quit WoW in like 2 months instead of playing it for years.
Reply Quote
36 Gnome Rogue
here's info from the last quarter report meeting:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/11/07/blizzard-has-record-revenue-in-q3-2012-thanks-to-pandaria-and-diablo-iii/

Even diablo 3 and wowmop didn't save blizzard in 2012

"But it’s not all champagne, caviar, and Mechano-hogs at the California-based company. By the third quarter of 2011, Blizzard had earned a GAAP net revenue of $3,348,000. This year, they company has raked in $3,088,000…which means they’re down $360 million year-to-date compared to last year."
Reply Quote
36 Gnome Rogue
01/23/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Ender
its all about end game so why bother with superficial leveling barrier. story telling? u can do that at max level

While I agree with you that WoW is just boring at this point I have to strongly disagree with this part. The most fun by far in WoW is leveling up a character. Especially on a new PvP server. The end game is just droll, run the same content over and over and over again using the same abilities so you can get slightly bigger numbers. Snooze fest.

The point is different people like different things. To me if you took out the leveling I would have quit WoW in like 2 months instead of playing it for years.

Maybe you're right. different people like different things. but leveling is just soo boring. the content is the same. i felt like leveling is more of a 'hurry up to max level so you can do these things with us. and not getting to 90 means i'm late to the party. everybody is rushing to get to 90 while im trying to enjoy myself.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Technoviking
Wheres mah tinfoil hat at

[overusage of trendy, internet jargen] crits us all for 576,998 physical

regem originality

The term "tinfoil hat" and accusing people of wearing them existed LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before the internet, fyi.
Reply Quote
Posted by Arobee
Blizzard started to decline when they turned Warcraft into an MMORPG. Huge mistake made there, the expansions were mistakes, and they kept on that same track when they made SC2 and D3. The release of World of Warcraft marked the time when Blizzard decided they didn't care about what the customer wanted any more and only cared about their wallets. I will never play WoW because it's not Blizzard, that's not the kind of game Blizzard is known for, and honestly neither are SC2 or D3. D3 has potential, but they're going to have to work themselves to the bone to REALLY fix it. SC2 is a lost cause, as is WoW. I'd like to see Blizzard return to their former glory, when they were a GOOD company that cared about their customers and made good games.

....retarded

Agreed this statement is retarded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]