Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

01/21/2013 02:11 PMPosted by FooTWO
Just give in and the game will be balanced. I know you have 200k dps but can't you part with it so that everyone else can enjoy the game without needing to play for 500+ hours?

You can go and play as you like enjoy the game without 200K dps, 50% CC, or play 500+ hours, but why force it on other player? They like to play it that way, why does it bother you?

You think you deserve to be where everyone else it for nothing? At least have the decency to pay real cash and use the RMAH to get on par.

And seriously you can play thru the game enjoy it however you like, regular inferno is already care bear mode, and you don't need 50% cc or 200K dps to do.

Then what is the minimum dps you need for easy inferno?
60k dps and you should roll right through inferno mp 0. Your not suppose to be able to do inferno with junk gear at all though even though it is easy like it is now. My barb, demon hunter and monk are all inferno capable, their gear is not junk.
01/21/2013 02:20 PMPosted by gd1
Then what is the minimum dps you need for easy inferno?

I beat it with less than 40K dps. Actually MP0 is now beatable simply from drops and no AH. You can't really make specific builds like whirlwind barb or cm wiz...but you can just beat stuff up the old fashion way and get through it super easy.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/21/2013 2:30 PM PST
It does feel like the only progression gear wise is with CC/CD. I really wish there were more options
Everyone's paranoid as to cash out or not until after 1.07 rolls out.
Edited by bitterman#1939 on 1/21/2013 3:02 PM PST
I think the design for giving every character in the game a critical chance may have been the wrong design decision.

Previously existing only on the Amazon and barbarian which worked out because Amazons were weak and relied on it and Barbarians had far too many single-hit-only skills (except Whirlwind which made it the only skill to get).

u are the kind of people that is preventing the game from progressing..... everything is relative. DPS doesn't mean everything ....
Its probably not crit on its own thats the problem. If an attack crits for double damage it's on roughly the same value as haste. But when you add ludicrous amounts of critical damage, the value of crit rises far above other stats. Then when you add on crit procs you have a clear winner.
Honestly, it would hurt my gears worth quite a bit, but I would love to see crit capped. I just cant think of another stat that I would want to stack which would force me to diversify. Maybe I would go with all resistance or life regeneration, it would be interesting.

Then again, I was also a huge supporter of skill points...I guess Blizzard and I don't really see eye to eye.
Edited by Orion#1815 on 1/21/2013 3:39 PM PST
Thank god the OP isn't on the dev team. Jesus christ you'd make it worse than the current team.
Seriously OP, just...no.

+1000

Stupid OP. Morons will be morons. Even with 50% CC on all the gear pieces, pretty close to max you can get without buffs from skills and passive, that is barely enough to make things work. About the the only class that can get away with less emphasis on CC is the WD.

u know to make things work blizzard can just nerf the monsters and buff proc right? while nerfing CC/CD will enable blizzard to balance the P V P alot easier. Or, they just have to add like 80% damage reduction to all player in p v p. Either way, the effectiveness of CD/CC in p v p should be minimized or at least decreased.
So Crit has 1000x+++ the value of any other stat.. and you DON'T think it's a problem? Ok, then.. you wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard making Crit roll on every single item that drops in Inferno then? Then you don't have to live with a nerf, you keep your insane DPS and Synergy build, but the value still lowers on crit and equalizes the market. The ONLY reason you'd be opposed to that change is out of greed

i think making cc available on more items and allow higher rolls on each item is a better solution to the price issue in AH that you mentioned
01/21/2013 03:57 PMPosted by FrancisLi
So Crit has 1000x+++ the value of any other stat.. and you DON'T think it's a problem? Ok, then.. you wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard making Crit roll on every single item that drops in Inferno then? Then you don't have to live with a nerf, you keep your insane DPS and Synergy build, but the value still lowers on crit and equalizes the market. The ONLY reason you'd be opposed to that change is out of greed

i think making cc available on more items and allow higher rolls on each item is a better solution to the price issue in AH that you mentioned

AH price isn't the issue. 50,000 white damage doing 900,000 crit damage is obscene, game-breaking, & niche-forcing. AH prices will adjust themselves with a 100% cap on crit damage (WHICH MAKES LOGICAL SENSE!) & force things like Witching Hour from not only being BiS, but NECESSARY to have real DPS. one of many examples.
Old Diablo 2 system was a good solution. You needed:

- +All Skills
- All Resist
- Life/Mana Steal and Attack Speed on non-casters).
- Something to keep Caster mana up

All four requirements found on absolutely every item you could ever care about = very interchangeable equipment.
Edited by Wolf#1788 on 1/21/2013 4:14 PM PST

If you don't want crit nerfed, why would you be opposed to every item having it? I still think this is selfish motivation coming from everyone who opposes me. So, fine.. don't nerf crit, but give it to every item that drops in Inferno. Then the value will still drop, and you can keep your precious DPS and builds. The ONLY reason you'd oppose this latest suggestion is out of pure selfishness.

Crit on all items would be silly and do no good for the game.

Nerfing crit/crit dmg is the best option.
As long as it is combined with adding A LOT of other interesting stats that support the "different stats for different builds" philosophy.
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/21/2013 4:31 PM PST

If you don't want crit nerfed, why would you be opposed to every item having it? I still think this is selfish motivation coming from everyone who opposes me. So, fine.. don't nerf crit, but give it to every item that drops in Inferno. Then the value will still drop, and you can keep your precious DPS and builds. The ONLY reason you'd oppose this latest suggestion is out of pure selfishness.

Crit on all items would be silly and do no good for the game.

As long as it is combined with adding A LOT of other interesting stats that support the "different stats for different builds" philosophy.

Although I agree, this doesn't really work.

People have bought gear and built their characters around those stats. Nerfing them or adding other ones in will hurt blizzard's bottom line. Nerfing gear or adding in new gear to make others obsolete to the point it would probably just discourage people from using the rmah anymore.
Old Diablo 2 system was a good solution. You needed:

- +All Skills
- All Resist
- Life/Mana Steal and Attack Speed on non-casters).
- Something to keep Caster mana up

All four requirements found on absolutely every item you could ever care about = very interchangeable equipment.

Diablo 3 is pretty much exactly the same. You need:

- all res
- Vit/main stat
- CC/CD/AS
- LOH or LS (depends on damage vs attack speed) or a massive amount of life regen

Only difference is that if you want more of one thing you need to sacrifice something else. Like I want more all res and I can't afford a zuni pox with CC. So, I lose that CC to get the 60 on ring and 55 for set bonus. I want inna's for AS and the 1% CC and the movement speed but that means I lose a significant amount of vit/main stat and all res.

Of course the gear with the highest average combination of these stats will be worth the most (such as trifecta glove/ring/amulet w/ main stat) since those are the best all around.
Edited by Stud#1396 on 1/21/2013 4:52 PM PST
Diablo 2 had

Faster Hit Recovery, Faster Block rate, Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, Faster Cast Rate & Faster Attack Speed being two different things, Plus to Skills, spells damage based on Skill level, and that's just to name a few that Diablo 3 doesn't have.
Yep. That's the only way I'd ever be on board with nerfing either stat. It has to have the counter-balance to the nerf, not just the nerf.
Diablo 2 had

Faster Hit Recovery, Faster Block rate, Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, Faster Cast Rate & Faster Attack Speed being two different things, Plus to Skills, spells damage based on Skill level, and that's just to name a few that Diablo 3 doesn't have.
Yep. And that's why Diablo 2 could get away with the design in that game and also why affixes were much more interesting than they are in D3.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]