Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

I'd be okay if crit was nerfed but only so long as monsters are softened up to accomodate. Make damage special and not something that can be in the millions but make the monsters killable with a reasonable DPS. My nerf would probably be to cap crit at +200% and crit chance at 25%.
01/20/2013 02:44 PMPosted by leofonseca

There's nothing else.

So what happens when every stat is crap? Better nerf all resist too. I hear everyone stacks it.

I agree. nerf AR. Seriously. AR should only exist on things like ammy and shield imo. It would open so many doors to gearing. Stuff like the fire armor and the wizard spike could actually become good. cuase when lacking res, you'll look for other alternatives. it's all about balance. But having AR on every gear piece makes balance easy and boring as long as you got the money..
01/20/2013 06:03 PMPosted by gd1
I'd be okay if crit was nerfed but only so long as monsters are softened up to accomodate. Make damage special and not something that can be in the millions but make the monsters killable with a reasonable DPS. My nerf would probably be to cap crit at +200% and crit chance at 25%.

And you know what?? Doing that is all fine and dandy, but everything is relative and proportionate.

There would still be items higher priced than others because they have affixes that are more desirable then others, and people will gravitate to them, and price them accordingly on the RMAH/GAH.
The top characters have insane dps. Does this affect me? No. Does this alter my experience? No. Oh and if anyone refers to going against these exception to the rule high dps allstars in duelling, pick on someone your own size. The game scales nicely for all levels of dps. Just because you cant roll mp10 doing 50k is no reason to change CC and CD.
01/20/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Kizmatti
Putting a hard cap on anything in a Diablo game makes it not a Diablo game.

There were hard caps on str, vit, dex, and magic in D1.

In D2, there's hard caps on resistances, damage reduction, absorb, block rate, attack speed, fcr, fhr, and they varied per class.

Did you play these games?
If they capped DPS, then we would have to look at other things to improve ourselves once one reached that max cap.

Which in turn put a limited value on stacking CC or CD. Those relying on max damage for regen would then need to rethink their plan. The knock on affect would make all the the attributes more valuable.

That being said, it won't happen, not in this iteration of the game.

What the OP is taking about will not ever go away the way the game was designed at its core.

CC is a problem... lets nerf it, now CD is a problem lets nerf it.....Hard cap on damage, ok now gear with high regen, and LOH cost triple what they did previously, well lets nerf it......Basically you would be chasing your tail every 6 months when players gravitate to the next best stat on any given item at the time.

Like I said without skills being able to gain power 7 customized, more power needs to come from somewhere, and in this game its gear.

Skills where made statistic in the game for a reason and 1 reason only, the RMAH/GAH, and the idea behind it is TONS of gear is generated by the players in game and SOLD, skills cant be.

I know, too bad there isn't a sarcasm font.

People crying for nerfs to fix the "economy", nerfs to prevent other people from building the characters that they want, nerfs because...

People play the game that we have, don't use the auction house if you don't like it, don't play PvP if you are afraid for the OP players.... Go play something else.

The rest of us will play the hand we were dealt with and do the best we can.

As for economy, yes I hate, no I can't afford any upgrades and yes I grind on hoping against hope something useful will drop. And yes, I still love this game.
01/20/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Hoblin
Just add more affixes that are boosts to specific skills, but make these affixes mutually exclusive with CC and CD. Like a flat percentage boost to a certain skill, and if an item rolls that affix, it CANNOT have CC or CD.

Which means for example a Cm wizard can't use that :)
View profile
Softcore:
Gloves with crit chance - 800 million gold
Same gloves without crit chance - 100k gold

Hardcore:
Gloves with crit chance - 30 million gold
Same gloves without crit chance - 4 million gold

Play hardcore if you think the trifecta stats are end all be all.
Bliz should nerf Life steal, since OP is stacking it with his barb.
View profile
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
See if the game doesn't get better. A lot of people will be angry for a while, but just like Attack Speed nerf, eventually they'll forget about it and move on..

They sure did move on...my friends list emptied right out..
01/20/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Xuu
Bliz should nerf Life steal, since OP is stacking it with his barb.

IKR? Having to get LS on gloves, bracers, helms, amulets, and both rings is really screwing up gearing diversity. Your point totally makes sense.

01/20/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Ziggro
Another low dps player trying to bring down the others. Dude, go farm.

WHOOOSH!
Edited by Iskra#1389 on 1/20/2013 6:39 PM PST
Another low dps player trying to bring down the others. Dude, go farm.
Edited by Ziggro#1856 on 1/20/2013 6:37 PM PST
I think if they really want gear diversity, rather than nerf crit dmg. They need to make player pick a choice and put some regulation on affix. Like have gear that roll crit dmg unable to roll attack speed. Then people would have to choose between either attack speed or crit dmg rather than getting both. This way u either hit hard or hit fast. Doing this would prolly make red ruby gem even useful. Not just on weapon but over all gear including armor. This make life on hit better for attack speed build and lifesteal better for slow heavy hitter. Just an example to make gear build diversity. They shouldn't nerf crit chance though since it use for a lot skill proc. They can either make a fast critter or a slow hard hitter.
Edited by Yuzuha#1492 on 1/20/2013 6:41 PM PST
Yes lets nerf crit AND lifesteal too please. The only thing I want on my gear is strength. So merge vitality with each classes primary attribute (how kewl would dat be guys) and also remove resistances. I like it. Lets take away from the only things worth playing with in D3.
I want to get stronger, not weaker. GTFO with this nerfing crap. People complain about JW partly because he put restrictions on things, why are you doing the same? If people want items without CC, good for them, it's a lot cheaper that way too, so yeah people are encouraged to get items without CC. What's wrong with that right now?
View profile
Disagreed because there are many runes in all classes that proc based on our chance to crit.

Crit hit chance is not in the same boat as IAS. It does not control mobility, resource generation and use like IAS. That is why it had to be nerfed and cirt hit chance will not.

I say they need more than just doing any one thing to fix this game. There are a whole host of problems that cannot be fixed by fixing just one thing.

There were hard caps on str, vit, dex, and magic in D1.

In D2, there's hard caps on resistances, damage reduction, absorb, block rate, attack speed, fcr, fhr, and they varied per class.

Did you play these games?

Oh look we have a smarty in the Diablo 3 forums, imagine that......
Edited by Kizmatti#1918 on 1/20/2013 6:53 PM PST
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
Crit allows for cheese builds like sprint/ww and critical mass/wicked wind... which no matter how much Blizz claims they like these builds, you cannot look me in the eye and say it was the developer's intent for those skills to synergize in that way.

from crit mass: "Critical Hits have a chance to reduce the cooldown of your spells by 1 second."

... I think you are delusional. the tooltip CLEARLY states that it IS the developers intent
I WANT TO FEEL LIKE A GOD. NOT SOME WEAKAS PFHUCKING PUSIE
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]