Diablo® III

if you can't perma, you suck; expectations...

so last night after a long tiring day of farming and trying things out, i was invited over to do mp10 ubers with some people i really don't know or have played long with. take it as, 'joining pub game, saw my pl100, friend request'

i was still using aph's build when i did mp10 ubers and had some problems but mostly with skelly/gaga but it was easily resolved with some adjustments.

i was playing with 3 other people and they want me to perma. seeing how i'm not even 3.01 and only 2.83, there was no perma with skelly/gaga and alas i got criticized.

why can't you perma, why are you using glass cannon, you only freeze and let us handle to dps

be that as it may, they were high dps players and so far they died way more than me

now i ask, have players been setting too high expectations from us that we may as well be forced to meet that or get laughed at?

it did suck playing with kids :(
Reply Quote
View profile
Some people just don't have manners. I actually like it when ubers occasionally break out of freeze. Makes the fight more exciting. It forces you to rely on your skills more.
Reply Quote
tell em sup, welcome to 1.04+

perma freeze doesnt exist
Reply Quote
it saddens me that players nowadays have become arrogant to the point that it's rage quit or making up excuses when they die or just have to blame it on a wizard. hell i still die left and right. fallen maniac;molok;rd/elec mobs; blood clan, you name it. drop the e-peen pls.
Reply Quote
i can most likely perma freeze ghom-rakanoth and kulle-siegebreaker the whole run but magda-SK is close to impossible.

there are cases which breaks my CC:

-kulle teleporting
-siegebreaker grabbing me or my party member
-kulle using slow time (reduced atk speed)
-rakanoth teleporting(pretty much rare to happen)
-SK casting immunity when he whirlwind/walks like sh*t
Reply Quote
i actually like having some challenge with ubers especially skelly/gaga coz it's really fun and it's perma for me against them when skelly summoned his skellies, proc proc proc but once they die, it's back to chasing/running around.
Reply Quote
Agreed, the only time I see true permafreeze is with two CM/WW wizards. However, one good CM/WW wizard, such as yourself, can mitigate a lot of the damage in the skelly/gaga fight. It just sounds like you're playing with players that have a much higher expectation than is realistic. I assume since you were using Aph's build, you were not using either Bone Chill or Cold Snap. I do know that most players I haved played with prefer Cold Snap for the stronger lockdown, but more often than not, an experienced crew often just prefers Bone Chill to speed the run up.
Reply Quote
View profile
1. its not 1.04 permafreeze is gone
2. ur ping messes with ur "perma freeze" more than the rest of us b/c :
a) freeze resistance after a bunch of freezin is like 1.4s for bosses
b) ur ping im guessing is bw 150-300 (ur playing from the Philippines right)
c)so even tho a skill is cooled down the server wont know u wanted to hit frost nova until the boss moves away

Therefore u cant permafreeze i dont think, its not

3. u were playin with kids who expect the world to cater to them, monsters to be frozen while they tap them and the monster falls over, and reflect dmg to be a trickle in a bucket even tho they made glass cannons

sorry number 3 was a rant
oh and i gotta perma freeze dont exist even when i have mags and skelly or seige and zk next to each other they sometimes break loose
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 1/25/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Their expectations were too high and they were overly dependent on you. Bunch of glass cannons. Don't sweat it too much, pich.
Reply Quote
my build for that run was this:

mw/bm
fn/cs
ds/cs
ea/pa
et/ww
eb/cr

gc/cb/cm

i ditched the zuni armor for tal armor as i was testing aph's suggestion. it kills my all resist and armor hence i have to rely on crystal shell big time and deep freeze is the answer to have a good shell uptime.
Reply Quote
Cold snap, evo, 67.5% crit, 3.35 aps
good connection and digital fingers

1 mob = rare stutter
2+ mobs = perma

Few wizzie's tend to stack stretch time + aps wand + nats set + pinpoint. Giving up tons of dps (shock, cb wand, warp) for "overkill freezing" doesn't make sense. Not to mention every small lag spike or server stutter will break your perma anyways.
Reply Quote
Not only are expectations high from CM wizards, but non-freeze wizards aren't even wanted in Uber groups, which is sad. :(
Reply Quote

1 mob = rare stutter
2+ mobs = perma

Few wizzie's tend to stack stretch time + aps wand + nats set + pinpoint. Giving up tons of dps (shock, cb wand, warp) for "overkill freezing" doesn't make sense. Not to mention every small lag spike or server stutter will break your perma anyways.

that's not optimal for a good uber group tho. that's gimped, even if the survival/freeze is better. a good group prefers fullout non-gimped SNS spec + timewarp instead of wormhole, much more than energy armor, shell, cold snap, etc. yes, you're freezing better, but you're not buffing 35% flat damage to your monk and your 2 barbs. they stay in one spot better, but they take much longer to go down.
Reply Quote
if anyone is interested in my zuni armor it's in AH now

732 armor
151 int
218 vit
80 all resist

yes i do have a high latency. last night i was running around 200-220
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Alesso
that's not optimal for a good uber group tho. that's gimped, even if the survival/freeze is better.

Exactly why few actually do it, including me.
Edited by Judist#1516 on 1/25/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
cm is worst single target dps in the game. Use evocation and unleashed.
Reply Quote

1 mob = rare stutter
2+ mobs = perma

that's not optimal for a good uber group tho. that's gimped, even if the survival/freeze is better. a good group prefers fullout non-gimped SNS spec + timewarp instead of wormhole, much more than energy armor, shell, cold snap, etc. yes, you're freezing better, but you're not buffing 35% flat damage to your monk and your 2 barbs. they stay in one spot better, but they take much longer to go down.
So very much this!!! My ideal group is 1-2 SNS CM/WW wizards, a Conviction monk, and/or 1-2 damage dealers (like a HoTa Barb).
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/25/2013 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Use my build and don't freeze :)
Reply Quote
only play with friends.

I think of myself offering a service, even 70% freeze is better than no freeze. i can't freeze very good, my party mates still appreciate my service because any freeze is better than none.
Reply Quote
damn picha i'm sorry you had to go through something like that.

It ridiculous that people build characters with specific support players in mind to make their builds and gear actually useful.

they just can't handle their own inadequacies, i find it rather funny though kids always expecting to have their hand held all the way and still reap the rewards. In a small way i wish we could pk or engage in pvp at any point in the game, just to teach lessons haha, pvp just gets more enticing every day lol.

your character is bonkers picha

I say forget the wannababies, play your own tune for the win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]