Diablo® III

if you can't perma, you suck; expectations...

my main strategy for that is to freeze magda until skel blinkz to me. Cant really let her spam those bats
Reply Quote
Yeah, I use a pretty similar approach to RobertVarga. I instruct the group to doggedly go after Leoric, and I try to always stay on top of Madgha, so that Leoric will eventually teleport on top of Madgha and me (so I can proc on both). And staying on Madgha also prevents her from every shielding up and you can continue to use her as extra procs. :)
Reply Quote
1st Maghda, when King ports to u, dmg to King. When Permafreezing both fail after some time and Mag/King runs away, I go for Maghda again, wait till King will port to me, then dmg to King.

Over and over, easy method how to get them together.

This.

When I instruct the team to go for Mag, you should see the dumbass responses I get..... "No way man! The Uber101 handbook says to go for SK first".
Reply Quote
what about her perma shield?
Reply Quote
If you lock her good enuf, she wont perma.

Even if you can only lock them simultaneously for 1 minute - thats 1 minute that she didnt shoot any swarms. So you're already at an advantage because she's already lost 1/4 of her life too.

If that happened, then go for SK.
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 1/30/2013 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
good call
Reply Quote
View profile
isnt her perma shield a bug?
ive only noticed that happens occasionally, i agree it is quite annoyin
Reply Quote
yeah it's definitely a bug. she treats skelly as her minion hence the perma and this has happened all the time for me :(
Reply Quote
Annoying as it is, I dont know if it is a bug....maybe its a simple rule in her code that says "as long as there is any other mob on the field, dont drop your shield".

Dont fix it...leave it as is....or else all 3 fights will be easy as batsh1t :>
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 1/30/2013 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
As a cm at 2.73 and 57% crit I stay freezing on Magda with slow time and let them move around because they drop perma freeze all the time and sometimes split up. not a big deal any decent group plays like this and loves the Magda control/added crowd control. Not to mention we cm wiz actually do a nice amount of consistent dmg that most others have to break 300k dps unbuffed to even compare. I do mp8 for ubers
Edited by Harrower#1804 on 1/30/2013 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Annoying as it is, I dont know if it is a bug....maybe its a simple rule in her code that says "as long as there is any other mob on the field, dont drop your shield".

be that as it may, this is why people go after skelly first. i honestly don't mind; hell i did skelly/gaga with her perma shield coz i forgot and this was mp10 and my group screamed at me

i mean, what a minute; you guys hated the butterflies, i dealt with her, my dps was 208k dps; i got her down 1/4....i'm so confused
Reply Quote

be that as it may, this is why people go after skelly first. i honestly don't mind; hell i did skelly/gaga with her perma shield coz i forgot and this was mp10 and my group screamed at me

i mean, what a minute; you guys hated the butterflies, i dealt with her, my dps was 208k dps; i got her down 1/4....i'm so confused

Other classes always lose the moon while counting the stars. We're like the fire fighter that saved them from a burning building, and their response is "WHAT?? U DIDNT SAVE MY CAT TOO??"
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 1/30/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
CM wizards are meant to go after Magda and lock her !@#$ down, so the other 3 can concentrate on Skeleton King.

If it so happens you manage to knock her down to 75% before SK dies, then so be it.

The perma shield is a bit painful, choose your team mates carefully, and they ought to have killed SK by the time Magda does shield.

The real trick as a CM / Perma Freeze Wizard is the catch all 3-4 minions Magda drops in one go, before they scatter all over the map.

If you do it really well, you can catch and kill them before they even touched the ground.
Reply Quote
Mag will permashield if there is any other monster on the field. The other day my Puzzle Ring was trigger and I had to kill the Goblin because Mag refused to cast off her shield lol
Reply Quote
I didn't realize this was as hard as it is to accomplish. It gives me more respect for this class and build.
Edited by thhoj#1551 on 1/31/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Whats BS is a lot of this is geography so dont take it personal. Like my group both the barb and monk say i freeze better than any of their 3 wizzies they use who have better gear and 3 even. Hurt who is 3 cant even lock SB and Khull coming from Dubai - they break - so dont worry about it. Get ar armor and tank that !@#$. If they dont like it they can gtfo and do it themselves.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/31/2013 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
My strategy:

1. Freeze Magda and keep freezing her. SK will teleport over and then you switch your WWs to SK while freezing both of them. Those in your group should follow you but even if they don't, SK will eventually teleport over to Magda and everyone should attack SK. U know, lovers like to be together ^^

2. When SK starts to moonwalk or swings, you teleport or just run out of there. Then reengage Magda until SK comes over.

3. After you kill SK, you can concentrate on Magda.

4. For every 1/4 life which Magda drops, everyone disengages. Stop freezing and stop hitting for those monks who are using EFs. She will shield up and spit out 5 minions.

5. When she shields up, activate your diamond skin and run towards her. The moment the minions appear hit the freeze so the whole lot are clustered together. Then you and your group can blast them to bits quickly.

6. You have to kill the minions before her shield will drop. Assuming SK is gone and you are not wearing a puzzle ring ^^, those will be the only critters on the field. Hit her until she drops another 1/4 life then disengage again. Rinse and repeat.

I don't like to bubble in this uber; as this will concentrate Magda's love kisses which is terrible if you are using Shards.

Over 150 carries done this way :)
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 1/31/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
^ thats the way to do it. I just tank SK though or port if it gets too heavy. I only have 12 MS. Walking away gets me killed cos im not procing while walking away. Those with 12 MS cant just walk away from him/flies so eazy.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/31/2013 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
^ thats the way to do it. I just tank SK though. I only have 12 MS. Walking away gets me killed cos im not procing while walking away.

Nice ^^ I prefer to tele away, SK alone is ok but I want to avoid possibility of a love kiss thrown my way as well.
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 1/31/2013 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Aimless
Whats BS is a lot of this is geography so dont take it personal. Like my group both the barb and monk say i freeze better than any of their 3 wizzies they use who have better gear and 3 even. Hurt who is 3 cant even lock SB and Khull coming from Dubai - they break - so dont worry about it. Get ar armor and tank that !@#$. If they dont like it they can gtfo and do it themselves.

Are you drunk? My brain hurts from reading this lol.

Charlatan - thats exactly how u do it. Respect, brother.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]