Diablo® III

I call it DIABLO 3.5!!

I have compiled a list of changes that I think would make the game much more enjoyable and long lasting then it is currently. Most of these are just a start. Things would have to be tested/tweaked/changed values would have to be increased or decreased. Some things may not even be possible to implement. I would love to hear some feedback on what you guys think are good ideas or bad ideas or why something wouldnt work, or other ideas i never even thought of. If anyone has any questions about why i would make a certain change, feel free to ask. All other input welcome as well.

Gems:

- Marquise Amethyst adds 3% lifeleech in weapon (rest is still LoH, but increased from what it is now)
- Rubys now add attack speed in weapon
- Topaz now adds critical hit chance in weapon
- New gem "Diamond" Adds to resists in all slots except for weapon and helmet
- Diamond socketed in a helmet adds % chance to imbue the wearer with "shielding" for 3 seconds when hit
- Diamond socketed in a weapon adds % chance to disinegrate an undead enemy, slaying it instantly
- Marquise gem price cut in half
- Marquise gem is no longer account bound
- Price to remove Marquise gem reduced to 25,000
- Reduced gem craft time to 1 second
- Perfect sqaure and radiant square gems now have a chance to drop on inferno difficulty from bosses + sub bosses
- Gems can now be combined to make a different gem with the stats of both gems used. Example: Combining a raidant star emerald and a radiant star Amethyst to give 50% crit dmg + 300 LoH

Items:

- Thorns affix removed from game
- Health potions base heal raised from 12,500 to 25,000
- Class items can no longer roll other class stats (such as spirit stones with intel, mighty belts with dex, wiz hats with monk skills etc etc)
- Set item character auras added to characters wearing all pieces to a set
- Legendary/Set item droprate from normal-hell tripled
- Elemental damage affixs removed
- Base dps on weapons raised on all weapons to compensate for no more elemental damage affixs
- Level 63 crafting recipes now available throughout sanctuary
- Ignore Durability affix removed from game
- All weapons roll either (IAS, %dmg or +min/max dmg)
- ALL dyes now work for set/legendary items
- APS on 2 handed weapons increased slightly
- Max crit damage on 2 handed weapons increased from 300% to 400%
- Gem droprate increased slightly
- Tome of secret droprate increased slightly

Gameplay:

- Fast mode option now exists (All chat boxes, cinematic scenes, character talks etc etc dont exist)
- Waypoints and acts open to all games, now you can go where you want when you want.
- Bosses/Sub bosses now spawn no matter what quest you selected
- Jeweler can now add socket to an item. 5 ingredients will need to be found randomly throughout sanctuary + a final price to work the "metal". Will also work to increase item by one socket (chest armor, pants only) so if you have pants with 1 socket, it can increase to 2. Can only be used once per item.
- Ladder introduced into game (only after pvp is working fully and functionally)
- Every 10 paragon levels now adds +2 pickup radius for a total of +20 at paragon 100
- Every 5 paragon levels adds +500 health to healthglobes for a total of +10,000 at paragon 100
- Monsterpower is now scalled differently, monsters get a little less bonus hp per level and do a little more damage per level.
- Every monsterpower level incrases the legendary/set item drop rate by 5%
- Monster density equalized through all acts
- Monster density INCREASES per MP level similar to the /players command in diablo 2
- New option in menu under gameplay called "legendary alert" a small notification box appears above your skill tab when a legendary/set item drops saying something like "A powerful item has been dropped to help you on your way through sanctuary" or something like that
- ALL properties are now searchable through the auction house, such as mf & gf on weapons.
- Act 4 now has new areas with new dungeons (basically increase the content in act 4)
- Stat points will no longer be added automatically and are now up to the character to place them where they want
- Book of retraining can now be crafted at the blacksmith, Recipe can be purchased from Gorell the Quartermaster in a3/a4. Act bosses now hav a % chance to drop the 4 ingredients required to craft the book of retraining. (Must have 5 nv stacks)
- Upon reaching 5 NV stacks, MF stat now applies to all breakables/chests/containers etc etc in the game
- Pony level achievment removed from "feats of strength" and added into the challenges category
- Maximum players allowed in one game increased from 4 to 8
- New shrine "Gem Shrine" added to game (% chance to drop perfect square, radiant square, or star gem)
- New shrine "Combat Shrine" added to game (increases all damage output by 25%)
- Added 2 character tabs to players inventory boughten/upgraded just like stash pages to allow players to hold more items before having to go to stash.
- Added new item "Speed potion" to potion merchant and random drop on mobs (adds 12% MS for 30 seconds, with 60 second cooldown)
- Added new potion spot in inventory
- Added "Mana well" to go along with the "Health well" found randomly throughout gameplay
- Salvaging level 60+ items with reduced level requirement no longer gives you lower crafting materials (I mean the item is still like level 63 come on)
- Added an identify all item option
- Damage dealt from followers doubled.

*NOTE* - I did not really touch uppon classes or skill changes or pvp at all. I do not know enough about them myself so I thought it best to skip over those for the time being.
Edited by g00fygoober#1153 on 1/29/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
some are great ideas. some are absolutely horrible ideas :[
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 11:23 AMPosted by SuboXone
some are great ideas. some are absolutely horrible ideas :[

feel free to elaborate id like to know which of each =)
Reply Quote
hey man if blizzard adopt all that i wouldnt mind having some horrible ideas of urs!! haha tha majority is great!
Reply Quote
only things i did not like is remove durability and thorns i know they are useless but some items must sucks so others can be good thats what i think!
Reply Quote
they should open a votation thing for us!
Reply Quote
- Added an identify all item option
- Maximum players allowed in one game increased from 4 to 8
- ALL properties are now searchable through the auction house, such as mf & gf on weapons.
- Act 4 now has new areas with new dungeons (basically increase the content in act 4)
- Fast mode option now exists (All chat boxes, cinematic scenes, character talks etc etc dont exist)
- Waypoints and acts open to all games, now you can go where you want when you want.
- Class items can no longer roll other class stats (such as spirit stones with intel, mighty belts with dex, wiz hats with monk skills etc etc)

%100 on board with these ideas
Reply Quote
+1 for gem suggestions. The gem variation in this game is a joke compared to where it was 12yrs ago.

Some of the item suggestions are meh. What I would like to see is more creativity in their legendaries. A fully decked D3 character's outfit doesn't look much different than a lvl 20 WoW toon; Just 20 items with +Main Stat and +Vitality (Among some other small things). There were so many sweet aura and on use items in the old game, they're just boring as hell in D3.

+1 for fast mode. I probably click my "close all windows" button more than anything in this game to skip all the sub-par cinematics/dialouge.
Reply Quote
only things i disagree is removing !@#$ items cuz if u do so how can we have the good ones? if all items are good game loose its purpose but besides that the ideas are awesome was thinking bout posting like u did but aint good at formating as you =)!
Reply Quote
what blizzard should take in consideration on hearing players this guy toom hours to write all that and we took some time to read that and we are here posting our opinion ! and not those stupid threads where ppl say crap like we need flying mounts and other crazy stuff!
Reply Quote
you would call it diablo 3.5 but i call it a brand new game. stop dreaming... d3 is what it is
Edited by Optimyst#2388 on 1/27/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
did not read anything^
Reply Quote
this sucks such a good post such a good thread noone posts anything reason they cant read!!
Reply Quote
Some things like this I'm betting we will see in the X-Pack.

As well as a new plotline to restore Cain's daughter. The needs of the one outweigh the needs of Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Some things like this I'm betting we will see in the X-Pack.

As well as a new plotline to restore Cain's daughter. The needs of the one outweigh the needs of Sanctuary.

i hope for t6hat so much!!
Reply Quote
Loving some of the feedback.

As to being not "Diablo 3.5" it would be whole new game, i disagree its a lot of changes for sure, but 95% of the game graphics mechanics etc etc is still there. Most of these are just improvements.

As for getting rid of the affixs ignore durability loss and thorns, i think it would be fine because it would make items roll a bit more but it would still need numerous other mods to roll good, and LOTS of them to roll great.

Things like health globes + pickup radius and minus level requirement people dont really look for (almost never anyway) but they still give you bonuses to your character/play style and help.

Something like ignore durability loss when theres NO eth items in game, or thorns do absolutely notthing to your character or playstyle at all.

As for seeing some in the x-pack, i hope we do for sure. I love this game i just think it could be a LOT funner and a LOT better. I dont expect blizzard to make like patch 1.08 and add/change 87 things.

However even if we saw a handful of these things implemented/changed through future patches/expansion etc i would be prty happy.
Reply Quote
sometimes i just dunno wtf is going it looks like that there are developers of other games here blaming and provoking worng stuff

an example this thread is the perfect example of good improvements now.. wheres the feedback? nowhere !

now when someone come and post sumthing stupid everyone agres with it ... ¬¬
Reply Quote
i love diablo 2, but diablo 3 not as much as diablo 2. it makes me really sad that they made diablo 3 in to a Auction House game, and did not us what made diablo 2 so great of a game!
Reply Quote
if blizzard add those improvements we will have a way better game!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]