Diablo® III

I call it DIABLO 3.5!!

I am really trying to hold onto this game. Only a couple people that I met recently in-game are online occasionally. I keep thinking, "Maybe I should grind for some gold, mats and gear. Maybe an overhaul or game-changing update will turn this game right-side up."

The combat mechanics in this game are pretty good. I don't have an issue with that, one of the most important aspects of the game. It's the lack of dungeons, events, fun areas and missions and poor itemization.
Reply Quote
I want to add some new ideas:
- Bigger stats rewards while leveling up in paragon: There's almost no real difference between a paragon level 1 and 100 regarding to stats, i know they're like "fake" levels to make us happy for more time, but you should feel that your character is a little stronger while leveling up paragon, which are the levels you spend more time in the game (to 1-60 normal levels you get in no time). So, it could be like 10 points instead of 3 to the main stat, 5 to life, and a plus to armor, like 10 points. With that your character will be stronger, so, they could make the mp levels a little harder or something to compensate.

- Add levels to the skill runes: As you use some runes in your skill, they can gain some exp, and level up to add a more powerfull feature. For example the rune splinter, does 60% damage, for the first level it could start at 40, at level 2 do 45%, and so on, to a total of 100% in the final level and some other cool feature like the enemy gets extra poison damage over 2 seconds, for example. I think it's an interesting idea that can be polished. It can be hard to implement because all classes should be balanced, and also should be the game difficulty. But that makes a reward for using your skill runes (and it kinda makes logic, because the more you use it, the better you get). Also that will force players to pick some only some runes to make them better. It could be like 12 runes level, and add new animation at some levels.

- Boost potions: This can be hard to find potions (maybe only act bosses could drop them), that add some stats or features to your char during a small amount of time (like 1 min for example, and the cooldown for using another could be 10 min). It can be boost for dex, vit, str, int, armor, all resist, and maybe other stats. For example one potion can give you 200 int for 1 minute. This can add more strategy to the game, because you have to use them wisely.

- New socket system: White and blue items have no use in this game, so they could have the option to add socket. For this they should create a new rune-like system (like the one in d2). I know this is not a new idea, but it's always worth to mention, because i think it's in part the solution to all the drops problems and item customization that this game lacks. So now you can create items, and you will know how is going to turn out according to the "runes" you add to item, obviously you can combine them and make items worth the effort.

- Special quests: Some new quest that give you special rewards like making and artifact that give you a lot of experience, or something that add 1000 of life to your character for ever, or a random legendary item. All of this quest can only be made once per character.

- Better globin rewards: I know they improved the drop rate for the goblin, but i really don't see a difference, they could maybe make it difficult to find, and add some increased chance of drop a legendary or set piece.

Well, maybe i got a little off topic of what you wanted, because this are things that maybe never are going to get into the game, but i think it could make it more fun.

New suggestions are exactly what im looking for and ON topic actually. I like some of them, some i could do w/o.

The main one i like though is the skill runes, i was thinking something like every 10 paragon levels or something you could an "additional point" and you can place/remove them when you want and make certain skills more powerful or up the damage or something per additional point.

Think it would be kinda fun to mess around with but it would probably be a LOT of work to implement something like that and they would have to redo/look at every single skill rune on every single class.

Still think it would be cool though :)
Reply Quote
100% on board with all these ideas, I would actually come back and play d3 again if these changes came to be. Been playing d2 recently much better game currently which is truly sad.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 05:05 PMPosted by admiralchong
100% on board with all these ideas, I would actually come back and play d3 again if these changes came to be. Been playing d2 recently much better game currently which is truly sad.

Except for the never ending FTJS on east server which makes me want to pull my hair out. I did up another support ticket and was told nicely that they have been working on the server issue for the last 3 months and their best suggestion at the moment is to go play on a diff server....

not even going to bother saying what i want to that...

anyway tnx for the input

who else!!
Reply Quote
all of those ideas are awesome i disagree with removing thorns though i think it should be changed its a cool idea just poorly done
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 06:29 PMPosted by ahunter
all of those ideas are awesome i disagree with removing thorns though i think it should be changed its a cool idea just poorly done

out of curiosity do you have any ideas on what you might change it too?
Reply Quote
Thorns needs a big buff. Maybe changing it so it reflects % of damage instead of fixed amount, or maybe combination of both. At least 50% of damage should be reflected back to ranged attackers.

Thorns affix should reduce the damage of character wearing it so you can make lower DPS reflector build, instead of reflector-uber dps.

Add procc cofficients to picup radius so some skills can benefit from it, lets say pickup radious can increase WW or rend range, or it can add small splash damage to single target attacks. So if you have 20 pickup radius you get 2-4 yard range on rend, or 1-2 on Whirlwind.
Reply Quote
Thorns needs a big buff. Maybe changing it so it reflects % of damage instead of fixed amount, or maybe combination of both. At least 50% of damage should be reflected back to ranged attackers.

Thorns affix should reduce the damage of character wearing it so you can make lower DPS reflector build, instead of reflector-uber dps.

Add procc cofficients to picup radius so some skills can benefit from it, lets say pickup radious can increase WW or rend range, or it can add small splash damage to single target attacks. So if you have 20 pickup radius you get 2-4 yard range on rend, or 1-2 on Whirlwind.

I dont know about thorns, something has to be done to it for sure, personally ill never use so i got no ideas on it.

As for pickup radius on skills i think it would be kinda cool but probably difficult to balance since it would work for certain skills/builds and not others. It would also make yet another mod MORE sought after which would make getting gear even harder

Glad to hear some ideas tho, keep them comming guys!!
Reply Quote
Who else?
Reply Quote
1.) Paragons levels should matter more then they do. No matter WHAT game you play the higher level you get the more stats/damage/survivability/hps w/e you get. In EVERY game. Why should it not work the same in d3? Whether you play casually or 20 hours a day the more levels you get the better you should be. As for monster power which im assuming your talking about, MP should be a challenge and WORTH it to fight harder monsters and die a few more times.

The increased experience does this in the coming 1.07 patch but what does it do once you hit paragon 100? The harder the monsters the more they hit the better the rewards should be.

The system already rewards you for putting in more time and effort with MP and Paragon, you just want it to affect it more. As I said there are consequences for that. How can I get excited about finding a Legendary after dumping a weekend in my fresh 60, if there are MP 10 farmers with 100 paragon flooding the AH with awesome gear at diminutive prices because he has too many of them?

2.) Better drops has notthing to do with inflation. Dupers/Bots and all the issues/bugs that have come out since the middle of may when the game released are the causes of inflation.
Better drops should be an absolute given, even though i just brushed the topic of itemization it needs to be completely reworked. You shouldnt have to farm 10,000 hours in hopes of "winning the lottery" and getting one drop thats worth a billion gold. If drops improved so would you characters and the characters farming abilities and you wouldnt have to worry about what costs what on the AH because you could much more efficiently gear yourself.

I can understand the sting of finding a wand and seeing strength on it. It is pretty lame and I may have been too harsh on my earlier point. There is merit to your point, but I do think better items in general do increase inflation as its the better gear that ends up in the AH. Wands with strength get vendored or DEed.

3.) Not at all, theres lots of mods that a lot of players use. Some mods, no one uses tho. Maybe .0000000000000001% of the people. How many people do you know build for melee damage dealt to attackers or for ignore durability gear?

Again these are all just ideas and your feedback/opinions are welcome but 2 out of the 3 of them just plain dont make any sense

I think when the book of why Diablo 3 failed is written, the synopsis is that the game never appealed to different styles of play. They wanted to encourage multiplayer, so they brushed off everyone who wanted to play single player offline with no trades enabled. They heard later that people liked the endgame, so they went crazy with endgame content and brushed aside people who just want to make new characters after they beat the game and are frustrated with how easy normal is now.

Maybe a very small number of players like Thorns, but why are they wrong to? Why not let them be weird and quirky and get lots of Thorns gear at super-cheap prices because no one wants it? I fail to understand how taking stuff away that is different from the conventional methods helps the game. It'll just alienate more players without bringing anyone in.
Reply Quote
Soooooooo good.

Liked +1 and god I wish Blizzard would make this game enjoyable more complex like this....
Reply Quote
1.) Paragons levels should matter more then they do. No matter WHAT game you play the higher level you get the more stats/damage/survivability/hps w/e you get. In EVERY game. Why should it not work the same in d3? Whether you play casually or 20 hours a day the more levels you get the better you should be. As for monster power which im assuming your talking about, MP should be a challenge and WORTH it to fight harder monsters and die a few more times.

The increased experience does this in the coming 1.07 patch but what does it do once you hit paragon 100? The harder the monsters the more they hit the better the rewards should be.

The system already rewards you for putting in more time and effort with MP and Paragon, you just want it to affect it more. As I said there are consequences for that. How can I get excited about finding a Legendary after dumping a weekend in my fresh 60, if there are MP 10 farmers with 100 paragon flooding the AH with awesome gear at diminutive prices because he has too many of them?

2.) Better drops has notthing to do with inflation. Dupers/Bots and all the issues/bugs that have come out since the middle of may when the game released are the causes of inflation.
Better drops should be an absolute given, even though i just brushed the topic of itemization it needs to be completely reworked. You shouldnt have to farm 10,000 hours in hopes of "winning the lottery" and getting one drop thats worth a billion gold. If drops improved so would you characters and the characters farming abilities and you wouldnt have to worry about what costs what on the AH because you could much more efficiently gear yourself.

I can understand the sting of finding a wand and seeing strength on it. It is pretty lame and I may have been too harsh on my earlier point. There is merit to your point, but I do think better items in general do increase inflation as its the better gear that ends up in the AH. Wands with strength get vendored or DEed.

3.) Not at all, theres lots of mods that a lot of players use. Some mods, no one uses tho. Maybe .0000000000000001% of the people. How many people do you know build for melee damage dealt to attackers or for ignore durability gear?

Again these are all just ideas and your feedback/opinions are welcome but 2 out of the 3 of them just plain dont make any sense

I think when the book of why Diablo 3 failed is written, the synopsis is that the game never appealed to different styles of play. They wanted to encourage multiplayer, so they brushed off everyone who wanted to play single player offline with no trades enabled. They heard later that people liked the endgame, so they went crazy with endgame content and brushed aside people who just want to make new characters after they beat the game and are frustrated with how easy normal is now.

Maybe a very small number of players like Thorns, but why are they wrong to? Why not let them be weird and quirky and get lots of Thorns gear at super-cheap prices because no one wants it? I fail to understand how taking stuff away that is different from the conventional methods helps the game. It'll just alienate more players without bringing anyone in.

On your first point and your second I still disagree in a friendly debate type of way. The way I see it, if you have a fresh level 60 you are going to get less legendarys and they are going to be worth less more than likely. You know the higher paragon you get the better your character will be and gives you something to strive for. However regardless of whether your fresh level 60 or paragon 100 you do still have a CHANCE at finding the absolute best stuff as well you just find legendarys/sets less often so its even more unlikely than at higher paragon levels. When diablo 3 first realeased it was made levels 1-60, I know that the main reason they added paragon was to give it some longevity and allow players to continue progressing a bit after 60 and it was a way to eleminate gear swapping with mf, BUT they still did it so leveling is 1-160 now. I dont think of the 100 levels of paragon as bonus levels they are just normal levels.

I still strongly disagree with you on your second point. If at the moment 99% of gear is total useless garbage then when you find something thats in that 1% its going to be hugely sought after. If all kinds of itemization was done and theres a huge improvement to that itemization then there is going to be all kinds of good gear floating around maybe now only 60% of all gear is complete garbage. The more the "supply" the lower the "demand". An example of this would be a crit chance mempo of twilight (just to take 1 specific item not a whole category like rares). If you find a mempo with crit on it, its alrdy worth hundreds of millions no matter what the other stats, if you get 6% its alrdy a billion, if you get higher end other stats as well its worth 2 billion+. Now mempos with crit are found rarely, and the price on them is ridic. Now if the supply for them is multiplied by hundreds and they are found more often and more and more start floating around for trade the price is going to drop. If that is done to all items with a general boost to more good items inflation will go down on 99.9% of the gear UNLESS you find something 100% truly Godly.

Your third point i agree with you on. Ive had a few posts the last couple pages talking about thorns, and i think it has to be at the very least reworked. I dont want to get rid of something just because a select few use it but I am stuck on what needs to be done, finding a level 58 wizard hat on inferno with strength, dex, ignore durability, thorns, and + healthglobes should not happen in my opinion... ever
Reply Quote
lol Your last point - Pretty much.

It shouldn't happen.

The fact that this RNG system doesn't allow for gear to progressively get better instead of just randomly jumping around from good to crap to freaking awesome is the problem.

The mistake with the RNG is the vast scales of range the RNG has for each stat and the lack of scale between levels of items. They are all too close together so the RNG ranges over lap too much.

Perfect example is why any weapon over level 60 doesn't guarantee at least a damage bonus. Be it +min/+max or damage % increase or whatever.

I found a ilvl 63 2 hander axe tonight with the only damage increase stat of.... +12 min damage......

Now as rediculous as that +12 is..... IT WAS ON A 2 HANDER.
If it's not at least going to guarantee a damage bonus surely when it does roll one it shouldn't be able to roll that low.

Seriously.

Edit:

Ever.
Edited by Snoofo#1164 on 2/2/2013 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bleh... most of these are just really small quality of life changes that are arguably worth the time it takes to implement them, others are just thought up on this "i didn't get this, so i want this" basis (combat shrine, potions, new stash...).

Some are just unreasonably... closeminded (statpoints, 8 players).

It's a nice list but you have to have priorities. You can't expect people to just start go into their office and start working to implement the list from top to bottom without ever thinking why they want which thing.

P.S. what's your thought on itemization? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582639?page=1
Reply Quote
View profile
There are some builds that need the thorns affix. Such as WD pet builds with the passive that would require thorns on the gear. Or if I wanted to make a monk or barbarian that uses that affix. look all that is needed is for it to be changed a little not removed.

Class items having non class stats is a plus for WD. Their pets get the benefits of the extra armor from strength like the WD do. Just make class items roll main stat and have it be higher than off stats is all that is needed here.

So you have to be decked out in all legendary items just to level your character huh. No you do not need them at all in order to level.

I say that instead of removing affixes you just need to change them in order to make them more appealing to the players. Where someone would say would I want affix A or B. Either choice could be a good one depending on the build.

So you are wanting a guaranteed godly damaging weapon. Sorry but I do not need a godly weapon to clear inferno.

I guess you missed on the fact that the devs are working on making it possible to use all dyes on legendaries.

Look the devs did not want a player to be forced into gearing and selecting a tank type build when they made MP in the first place. Which is why the damage boost is much lower than the health boost. Also they do not want MP to be the most efficient way to gear your character. That way other players would feel that they must farm on MP10. Which in turn would pigeon hole some players into highly defensive builds and gear in order to be able to clear that setting. For some it would be impossible to do because they do not have the gold or enough free cash to afford it.

Greatly increasing monster density is something that the devs are looking into. It is not an easy process you know. More monsters would mean more monsters in each game. Times that by the number of players and it could greatly increase the lag in the game.

Manual stat points would not work here. It would be a waste of dev time and money. This system is way too simple to support such a thing. Because there is only three choices that are the only correct choices. They are the following 1. Dump all into main stat, 2. Dump all into vitality, 3. Split them between the two. That does not leave any room for any other way of spending them at all. Spending them any other way would obviously be wrong to do.

I say that giving us an eight player limit in this game would greatly reduce the fps for players that are playing on the low end computer systems. Sure it worked for D2 because that game was not as intense as far as graphics are concerned.

No to gem shrine they should still be a crafted item.
Edited by ShadowAegis#1537 on 2/2/2013 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Some good n some bad
Reply Quote
There are some builds that need the thorns affix. Such as WD pet builds with the passive that would require thorns on the gear. Or if I wanted to make a monk or barbarian that uses that affix. look all that is needed is for it to be changed a little not removed.

Class items having non class stats is a plus for WD. Their pets get the benefits of the extra armor from strength like the WD do. Just make class items roll main stat and have it be higher than off stats is all that is needed here.

So you have to be decked out in all legendary items just to level your character huh. No you do not need them at all in order to level.

I say that instead of removing affixes you just need to change them in order to make them more appealing to the players. Where someone would say would I want affix A or B. Either choice could be a good one depending on the build.

So you are wanting a guaranteed godly damaging weapon. Sorry but I do not need a godly weapon to clear inferno.

I guess you missed on the fact that the devs are working on making it possible to use all dyes on legendaries.

Look the devs did not want a player to be forced into gearing and selecting a tank type build when they made MP in the first place. Which is why the damage boost is much lower than the health boost. Also they do not want MP to be the most efficient way to gear your character. That way other players would feel that they must farm on MP10. Which in turn would pigeon hole some players into highly defensive builds and gear in order to be able to clear that setting. For some it would be impossible to do because they do not have the gold or enough free cash to afford it.

Greatly increasing monster density is something that the devs are looking into. It is not an easy process you know. More monsters would mean more monsters in each game. Times that by the number of players and it could greatly increase the lag in the game.

Manual stat points would not work here. It would be a waste of dev time and money. This system is way too simple to support such a thing. Because there is only three choices that are the only correct choices. They are the following 1. Dump all into main stat, 2. Dump all into vitality, 3. Split them between the two. That does not leave any room for any other way of spending them at all. Spending them any other way would obviously be wrong to do.

I say that giving us an eight player limit in this game would greatly reduce the fps for players that are playing on the low end computer systems. Sure it worked for D2 because that game was not as intense as far as graphics are concerned.

No to gem shrine they should still be a crafted item.

Overall I think you are missing the main point. You are trying to pass off a lot of personal opinions as facts and drawing conclusions from a list of "IDEAS" that I never said to begin with.

- No one said you had to be decked out in all legendary items. However most of the legendarys compared to even the best rares still dominate easily

- Again no one said anything about having to have a godly damaging weapon to run through inferno. I can only assume your talking about the slight increases i had ideas about for 2 handers and all those ideas were, was to make 2 handers more appealing and a legitimate alternative to a 1 hander and off hand

- Dyes on legendarys are being worked on, and currently in the ptr and upcomming 1.07 vanishing dye and remover will work on legendarys/sets. If you read my first post it is a suggestion of ideas and things I personally believe will make the game more fun and enjoyable. I didnt say anything about the blizz team NOT working currently on any of the ideas listed.

- As for MP levels, If damage was increased and hp was decreased I dont know how you think ppl would farm higher MPS and that would be the best route to go. It would make tankier builds viable and make it much more well rounded. Currently regardless of what MP your on DPS > ALL. You get 400k+ dps and ur survivability barely matters

- Stat points would deff work here. Just because you would do it one way does not mean everyone would. I like how you say things like theres no other way to do it and if you did that you would be wrong. Everyone has a their own personal way of doing things, more vita less dps, or vice versa. If i am a monk player and i put most in dex/vita i can put none in intel/str, i could put half and half or more of one then the other. The point of having stat point allocation ourselves is so EVERYONE can build how they want to.

- Lag/fps could be an issue, i dont know and it would need testing for sure but ive played in a number of 4 player games for farming, killing 3x packs of elites at same time with hordes of other monsters, ubers etc etc and i never had any fps/lag issues. That is whyt he game has settings for low fx, fps, low-med-high qualitys, and lower resolutions.

Overall im more than happy to hear opinions and feedback and what ppl think would work and wouldnt and why not, but in the future you might want to state your opinion on something and not try pulling it off as a fact
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 06:44 AMPosted by g00fygoober
On your first point and your second I still disagree in a friendly debate type of way. The way I see it, if you have a fresh level 60 you are going to get less legendarys and they are going to be worth less more than likely. You know the higher paragon you get the better your character will be and gives you something to strive for. However regardless of whether your fresh level 60 or paragon 100 you do still have a CHANCE at finding the absolute best stuff as well you just find legendarys/sets less often so its even more unlikely than at higher paragon levels. When diablo 3 first realeased it was made levels 1-60, I know that the main reason they added paragon was to give it some longevity and allow players to continue progressing a bit after 60 and it was a way to eleminate gear swapping with mf, BUT they still did it so leveling is 1-160 now. I dont think of the 100 levels of paragon as bonus levels they are just normal levels.

My issue with paragon levels in general is that item drop rates are set based on how often they want them to drop. Obviously they will take paragon levels into account when deciding on that number, so the more loot 100 paragons on MP 10 get, the less goes to young 60s just trying to beat diablo. You could argue that eventually everyone will be paragon 100 so who cares, but I don't think that is true. Many players want to make a new character after they beat the game, and they should not have to feel like they need to win the lottery to get a good drop. It needs to be at least a slightly more even playing field.
02/02/2013 06:44 AMPosted by g00fygoober
If all kinds of itemization was done and theres a huge improvement to that itemization then there is going to be all kinds of good gear floating around maybe now only 60% of all gear is complete garbage. The more the "supply" the lower the "demand".

You may be right. More wands with int instead of strength means more players use the wands they find which means less players feel the need to use the AH. My fear was that more items would be in the economy instead of vendored or DEed, but although the supply would rise, demand would in turn go down so many would still turn to DE and vendors with the sudden price drop so it may not result in any item inflation. Regardless it would decrease AH demand, and that should be the #1 goal of design changes anyway, so I will get on board with that.

On a side note, I really wish I had paid more attention in College Economics so I could have confidence that I know what I am saying.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 08:10 PMPosted by DeadRu
No other feedback eh?

Well moving between acts and named games are out of the question. I believe they were removed because od abuse in D2.

As for loot, well we used to make 50 meph runs in a row in D2, here they make 3 runs in act3 and complain they get no drops. You have a better chance of getting a good drop in D3 than getting a zod in d2. Most of the stuff they rave about I was giving away in free drop games.

Pretty sure you didnt read original post. Yes it was removed because in d2 people just tele tele tele tele kill boss and move on. I understand this, but its not like that in d3. Most people dont even FARM the bosses including myself. Elites drop better items, and you get better exp from the density. You also have to achieve 5 NV or boss drops literally have notthing. D3 will never have the issue D2 did with this.

As for item drop, yes zod was super hard to find, but first off thats ONE item, almost everything else you can find within 2-3 weeks at most. Also zod doesnt have 4 different stats it rolls. In diablo 3 everything is rolling crap stats and it takes months and months and months to find good stuff. I started playing on May 15th the highest one hander i think i ever found was 1080 dps or so with a socket. I wont even get into legendaries or never finding a trifecta ANYTHING even with other low crap stats.

02/03/2013 04:07 AMPosted by Nizzy

My issue with paragon levels in general is that item drop rates are set based on how often they want them to drop. Obviously they will take paragon levels into account when deciding on that number, so the more loot 100 paragons on MP 10 get, the less goes to young 60s just trying to beat diablo. You could argue that eventually everyone will be paragon 100 so who cares, but I don't think that is true. Many players want to make a new character after they beat the game, and they should not have to feel like they need to win the lottery to get a good drop. It needs to be at least a slightly more even playing field.

I really understand what your saying to some point, i just cant bring myself to agree with it. I do not believe that someone who wants to stop playing after they beat the game (paragon what 5 maybe?) will be worried about what kind of drops they are going to get or if they reached a certain paragon level drop rates would be increased slightly. If they play to the end of the game and start over a new char or w/e then they arent going to care about finding the best items and such in the game anyway because they will never use them. If they did they would grind and mf and get as many levels as they could.

At least thats how i see it ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]