Diablo® III

Keep RMAH, remove GOLD AH

Please read all the way. Yes the pay2play will still be there, blizzards efforts in trying to take the "3rd party" $$$ schemes and make it their own is working i'd say. And you would be able to do it regardless if blizzard offered it or not. 3rd party item sites were rampant in diablo 2.

If you remove the gold auction house, kept gold strictly for repairs and such, you would remove one key ingredient that is going to ruin the value of items. Botters.

Put more emphasis on an ITEM based system. Where gold means nothing except to craft BoAs, repair, potions, etc. Make higher MPs drop ridiculous loot compared to lower mps (so that bots cant farm easy) so you can either trade items in game or put them on the RMAH and make actual money. Because there will be no 'buy gold" function, items will now have a chance to float around their true value, and not compared/watered down to the billions and trillions of gold floating around.

May seem like a crazy idea but if you think about it long enough you will understand how this could be a fix. Think about this, in d2 gold meant nothing. and the real money spent on 3rd party sites went to bots not players. RMAH money goes majority to players in d3.

Edit* This includes removing the "buy gold" function from the RMAH, so you guys are not confused.
Edited by darkthrone#1400 on 1/29/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dark TO make that effective they need to fix gear stat randomness and actually make items meaningful to make it work. Not to mention drop rates cannot be based off the AH. Other then that Remove the GMAH sure.
Reply Quote
TLDR

but sorry i do not plan to invest a cent in this game unless it is a seriously good expansion to fix all this mess.

After i bought the game, i have not spend one dollar i the auction house and blizz can take my middle finger.

Fix this !@#$ or say byebye to my dollars
Reply Quote
Worst idea ever. Remove both auction houses or neither. It sounds like you're just disappointed that your items aren't selling in the RMAH or what you think they're worth.

Also, removing the gold auction house and leaving the RMAH just enhances the pay2win model. It shuts out those who don't want any part of the real money system from any sort of trading. It forces those people into the RMAH. Bad, bad idea in my opinion.
Edited by Slappy#1530 on 1/29/2013 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Please read all the way. Yes the pay2play will still be there, blizzards efforts in trying to take the "3rd party" $$$ schemes and make it their own is working i'd say. And you would be able to do it regardless if blizzard offered it or not.

If you remove the gold auction house, kept gold strictly for repairs and such, you would remove one key ingredient that is going to ruin the value of items. Botters.

Put more emphasis on an ITEM based system. Where gold means nothing except to craft BoAs, repair, potions, etc. Make higher MPs drop ridiculous loot compared to lower mps (so that bots cant farm easy) so you can either trade items in game or put them on the RMAH and make actual money. Because there will be no 'buy gold" function, items will now have a chance to float around their true value, and not compared/watered down to the billions and trillions of gold floating around.

ok i read it.

sounds like a plan.

May seem like a crazy idea but if you think about it long enough you will understand how this could be a fix. Think about this, in d2 gold meant nothing.
Reply Quote
Real players do easy runs as well, bots are always in games, learn to play with them, ignore them, farm your own stuff, though that is near impossible with the current stat system on items, but no point getting worked up over cheaters, they will always be in the game, its a part of all online gaming these days.

Just play your game, enjoy and have fun, buy the cheap good items the bots list in AH.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Slappy
Worst idea ever. Remove both auction houses or neither. It sounds like you're just disappointed that your items aren't selling in the RMAH or what you think they're worth.

but he has a point...prices right now are OUTRAGEOUS.

i mean.. trillions of gold? for real?
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Slappy

The idea has some merit. But it would require blizzard to make the AH how the Ah should have been intended used so people didnt buy off ebay or D2jsp. They would still have to fix the fundamental game flaws. And of course remove item drops being based off AH
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard should make a Trader Market Simulator for people like you.

So maybe they'll create actual content for their GAMES.
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard should make a Trader Market Simulator for people like you.

So maybe they'll create actual content for their GAMES.

they did make a game for them unforgettably for us they called id diablo 3
Reply Quote
OP I think all that crack is going to your skull.

If anything, they should remove the RMAH and keep the GAH. Not everyone wants to wield a credit card to win, and removing the GAH certainly won't keep botters away.
Reply Quote
Your Daddy's Mastercard has no place in an action rpg world. The RMAH is one of the reasons for the abysmal failure of D3. The "pay to win" model frankly sucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]