Diablo® III

Why Dex classes lucked out

Op I hope they change this one shot kill everyone is talking about.Because a duel should last long enough to try more then one skill.
Reply Quote
I'd trade it all for 1/10th the PvE/farming effectiveness of barb.

Orly u have to gear up? Cry me a river. Spend some of those bils you earned during the last 6 months of farming 10x as efficiently as everyone else?
Reply Quote
So what you are telling me is that all those threads initiated by monks, and dhs over the past several months that have gotten barb, and wizard proc rates nerfed were, umm, wrong? And the real OP classes are monks, and dhs? I guess they did a great job snow balling Blizz eh?

So is this the start of the nerf monks, dhs, and wds threads? lol
Reply Quote
Oh no, you can't dominate every aspect of the game. And you were laughing at us when you cleared an area since everything dies to your farts while we were just on our 3rd pack. Oh, and how many classes would kill for a life steal belt?

Anyhow, they will most certainly add some kind of damage reduction. Mitigating million damage crits seems silly at best.
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 1/29/2013 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Kadderly
Cry us a river. Dex stackers were screwed in PvE for damage mitigation compared to INT stacking and STR stacking.

This. Seriously, Barbs already rule PvE.
Reply Quote
So Block% on Helm and Shield no longer count in PvP?

Barbs can get over 40% Block percentage and I think that is just as good as 40% Dodge.

Nice thoughts, but there are other ways to avoid attacks from players other then Dodge.

Math isn't one of your strong points, is it? A 40% chance to block several thousand damage isn't anywhere near a 40% to completely avoid damage.
Reply Quote
So a barb is crying that in some mostly irrelevant aspect of the game there are some classes that have an advantage over them?

Oh god lol.
Edited by Raykahn#1901 on 1/29/2013 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok. Barbs should get dex as main stat but to make things fair lets let monks & DH get life steal % on belt ok?

/stupid
Reply Quote

Now that we have PVP Barbs are stacking over 500 Dex to get a pathetic %20 dodge trying to compete with Dh's and Monks who are owning in PvP since they Dodge %50+ of incoming attacks. Taking 0 Damage from 1/2 of the attacks thrown at you is a lot better than the extra %4-%7 damage reduction from Armor or All res other classes get.

BS. 5000 Armor is 60% damage reduction. While 2700 dex is 47% dodge chance.
Your barb has 8400 armor, that is 72% damage reduction. Thought?

And if Barb can get 50% dogde then what's the point of having a dex class char? Why not just make a barb?

Dex Classes can also stack Armor and All res in large amounts from gear. While NO Str or Int class can stack dodge any other way besides DEX!! We need armor, weapons, shields or legendarys to have some Dodge. Maybe Dodge would have to have a increase to diminishing return to make it so the bonus Dodge available on gear wouldn't further benefit the Dex classes.

Dex-to-dogde stat is already the only stat that actually have a diminishing return effect. So if I understand you correctly, you want to decrease the value of dex even more?

Having Barbs almost required to stack 500+ Dex to compete in PvP is insane! The way the 3 main stat defensive bonuses work now is broken. Please Fix!!!

Oh man, I'm crying sweet, sweet tears. Poor barbs, having to deal with a broken Diablo 3 system :))

A Monk can stack 8,000+ Armor w/o any STR

Stop pulling numbers out of your a$$. You can get about 3000 from the base armor of all gears. Maximum armor bonus from gear is almost 4000 (http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/). But no class look for armor bonus, since AR is much better value (max 400 armor bonus vs max 80 AR). So most people have about 1000 armor bonus (a few pieces with +250 armor).
So no class can have 8000 armor with out any str (or having 8000 armor and still can play normally). Your barb has 8400 armor with all str gear and Tough as Nail. Monk theoretically could, but since the nerf to StI, monks would need double dex to be able to pull that off. Oops.
A Barb can stack 800+ All Res w/o any INT

Because AR can be on most piece of gear, and goes up to 80, which is 800 Int, which is impossible to have on any piece of gear. This is a design flaw to begin with, so the comparison is irrelevant. No class stacks INT to increase AR (even WD or Wiz), they look for AR gears.
The difference is when you only gain 2k-3k armor or gain 200-300 All res from your main stat your only getting %5-%8 or so Damage Reduction.

With 2k-3k dodge you have %30-%40 chance to take 0 damage

The difference is you are talking about relative difference between increasing 2k-3k armor on top of 8k armor and 2k-3k dex on top of 0 dodge. And you have no idea how the increase in damage reduction plays out in actual number (not relative percentage).

Here's a good guide about the defense stat of dex/str/int, read it if you have a genuine interest in knowing how these stat works defensively, instead of punching some numbers in some online calculator and see that adding 3k armor increase your DR by 8%, and adding 3k dex increase your dodge by 40%.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5755555993

The TLDR: If you have 2000-3000 primary stat, Strength/Intelligence > Dexterity (defensively). Above 3k primary stat, dex slowly become more effective as defense. From about 3500 and above, dex become much more efficient as a defensive stat. But 3500 (or even 3000) primary stat is mostly beyond any normal players. Most of us fall in between 2000-3000 primary stat, and as such, str/int > dex.
Edited by pham#1413 on 1/29/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dear God they cry about everything.

Waaah! why cant my barb be the best at 10 out of 10 things instead of 9 out of 10 things.
Reply Quote

Because AR can be on any piece of gear, and goes up to 80, which is 800 Int, which is impossible to have on any piece of gear. This is a design flaw to begin with, so the comparison is irrelevant. No class stacks INT to increase AR (even WD or Wiz), they look for AR gears.

With the one with everything passive, monks can go to 1740 AR if they want to without int stacking (960 from AR, 720 from a selected res, 60 from level 60). The damage mitigation from 1740 AR is equal to that of 17,400 armor, or 84.7%.

Stop pulling numbers out of your a$$. Maximum armor bonus from gear is almost 4000 (http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/). No class can have 8000 armor with out any str. Your barb barely has 8000 armor with all str gear and Tough as Nail. Monk theoretically could, but since the nerf to StI, monks would need 8000 Dex to be able to pull that off. Oops.

With armor, monks can get 4264 base armor, 3833 bonus armor, 167 armor from standard allocated str (1 per level x 160 levels + 7), for a total of 8263 armor without sieze the initiative passive.

Just the facts.

edit: Oops, I forgot to add in the 167 int stats they get from levels in the first example. So you can add 16.7 more to the AR calculation.
Edited by LocoMagic#1529 on 1/29/2013 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
then roll a monk you nubcake.. oh wait, you did.. and decided he wasn't worth it after already getting used to spin to win.. rofl
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Picasso8697
Monks are already more expensive to gear up than any other class in the game so just suck it up and spend a little gold to give your stupid barb some defense and stop !@#$%ing

Hmm, you think?

America's AH:

ice climbers w/250 dex = 8m
ice climbers w/250 str = 30m

lacuni's w/5 cc/50 AR/dex = 400m
lacuni's w/5 cc/50 AR/str = 750m

I don't need to go any further, because you're obviously right that monks are the most expensive to gear.

[/sarcasm]
Reply Quote
I wonder:

why did you not mentioned your skill that barbarians got?

war cry [veterans'warning(15%dodge)]

Too lazy to change your skills?Or better blame dex based chars?Maybe u had no idea about that

rune skill??
Edited by ArchMage#1555 on 1/29/2013 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
3) Suppose the OP is right and barb's need to stack Dex to compete in PvP.
What's wrong with that? Dex is just an affix like any other.
500 dex is easily obtained on 2 weapons. Big deal.

Whats wrong with that is no other class has to stack Str or Int, but any class that wants dodge HAS to stack Dex....no other options...not the same with Str/Int

And if you think anyone is going to stack 500 dex from 2 weapons you are an idiot..
Edited by Kush#1868 on 1/30/2013 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Picasso8697
Monks are already more expensive to gear up than any other class in the game

HAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
BS. 5000 Armor is 60% damage reduction. While 2700 dex is 47% dodge chance.
Your barb has 8400 armor, that is 72% damage reduction. Thought?

LOL how can you compare 5000 armor to 2700 dex???

Does that make sense to anyone else?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]