80% reduce from armor
70% reduce from all res
10% dodge
damage taken = 0.2 x 0.3 x 0.9 = 0.054

70% (armor)
70% (all res)
30% (dodge)
damage taken = 0.3 x 0.3 x 0.75 = 0.063

+ there are ground effect, DOT cannot be dodge, how is it dex is better?? if u feel monk / DH is so great, roll 1
Reply Quote
BS. 5000 Armor is 60% damage reduction. While 2700 dex is 47% dodge chance.
Your barb has 8400 armor, that is 72% damage reduction. Thought?

LOL how can you compare 5000 armor to 2700 dex???

Does that make sense to anyone else?

5000 armor = armor + strength.

5000 - 2700 STR (direct comparison main stats) = 2300 armor remaining

2300 / 8 (at least 8 items to always have armor) = 287.50

Makes sense to me? Unless you aren't talking about numbers and you mean 5000 armor isn't as good as 2700 dex?

Anyway, maybe Blizzard should make dex+str a main stat for Barbs. That way they can dominate PvE & PvP. Or maybe give them skill that grants 10 second immunity with a 10 second cool down.
Reply Quote
Mana based users stack INT and get armor and strength based users stack STR and get armor.

Same thing with DEX. Each character benefits from their main state. I see no problem here.

I could make the same complaint saying a DH needs to stack armor but its not fair cause Barbs already have it.
Reply Quote
Monk gear is indeed more expensive. Those examples with lacuni and ice climbers are not good examples.

Monks and DH's don't look for ice climbers, they look for zunimassa for elemental damage or natalya's for the 7% crit. They can roll big dex also. So why would a monk buy ice climbers? Only for certain builds, which will be viable probably in the future, but not at the moment.

Lacuni. Monks, most of them use the TR build which is crippled down if they got attack speed. They will no longer be able to spirit generate more than TR is draining if attack speed is above 8%. And they need HIGH criticals. Lacuni with 6% crit is to expensive, so they go to rares/strongarms.

If you are curious about monk gear, check out Xephirian with spirit regen and critical hit chance and some other mod (dex, critical hit damage or all resists or vit) and come back and say that monks gear is cheaper.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Kush
A Monk can stack 8,000+ Armor w/o any STR

Please show me this as my monk has like 3500 armor....
Reply Quote
Are you complaining because barbs arent the all around best at every type of gameplay style? You know how many people roll barbarians? Why are you so worried about dodge anyway?

If you are so worried about dodge, why not look at your skills to help you achieve a desireable dodge rating? After all, that is what blizzard wants isnt it? Skill diversity!

If you think dodge > all other types of mitigation...why don't you...
  • Use Veteran's Warning instead of Impunity
  • Use Rush instead of Marathon
  • Have you tried the above yet? If not, dodge must not be that important...

I do think its funny to find a barb complaining about this when they excel in all other aspects of this game...
    Reply Quote
    5000 armor = armor + strength.

5000 - 2700 STR (direct comparison main stats) = 2300 armor remaining

2300 / 8 (at least 8 items to always have armor) = 287.50

Makes sense to me? Unless you aren't talking about numbers and you mean 5000 armor isn't as good as 2700 dex?

Anyway, maybe Blizzard should make dex+str a main stat for Barbs. That way they can dominate PvE & PvP. Or maybe give them skill that grants 10 second immunity with a 10 second cool down.

Your comparing 5000 (armor+str) to 2700 Dex makes no sense.. both classes have the same base armor from items only (I have 3k armor w/o shield, not including any + armor on items)

using what u said 2.3k armor from items only...you should be comparing only the main stats 2700 Str (armor) VS 2700 Dex which is %45+ Dodge

How is 2700 armor is better than %45 Dodge?!?!?!?!?(2700 Str VS 2700 Dex)

Cause in PvP its not even close....take NO DAMAGE from 1/2 of the attacks thrown at you, or have %5-%8 damage reduction? lol
    Edited by Kush#1868 on 1/30/2013 9:11 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/30/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Smotpoker

Please show me this as my monk has like 3500 armor....

I sold everything on my barb and played my monk for a month farming ah getting items for different monk builds, I had a tank monk build with 70k hp and 8k armor unbuffed and still kept good dps

just because you only have 3.5k armor doesn't mean that there are not monks geared with the same armor as a lot of barbs (including me)...but they have %40 dodge to go with it.
    Reply Quote
    Are you complaining because barbs arent the all around best at every type of gameplay style? You know how many people roll barbarians? Why are you so worried about dodge anyway?

If you are so worried about dodge, why not look at your skills to help you achieve a desireable dodge rating? After all, that is what blizzard wants isnt it? Skill diversity!

If you think dodge > all other types of mitigation...why don't you...
  • Use Veteran's Warning instead of Impunity
  • Use Rush instead of Marathon
  • Have you tried the above yet? If not, dodge must not be that important...

I do think its funny to find a barb complaining about this when they excel in all other aspects of this game...

I do use both those skills in the PTR with my 500 dex to get %40 dodge trying to compete with monks who have %50 base dodge and skills that bump it up to almost %70

Not to mention the passive skill that that lets you monk get 1,000-2,000 All Res
    Edited by Kush#1868 on 1/30/2013 9:23 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/29/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Binsh
    DEX classes lucked out because there are rewards in PVP. Oh wait there are none.

n00b
    Reply Quote
    Posted by Kush

if a monk can get 8k+ armor then a barb can get 10k+ armor, y complain?
    Reply Quote
    Posted by Kush

A monk can get over 1750 AR without stacking int. What's the best any other class can do?
    Reply Quote
    01/30/2013 08:15 AMPosted by CuRsEd

What other aspects?

Experience farming speed? TR Monk > Barb
    Legendary farming speed? TR Monk > Barb

I'm building a TR Monk myself, and have a paragon 93 barb. I'll tell you straight up that playing the monk is way more fun than constantly managing wotb uptime, and fury spend. If I need to stop my TR monk, there is NO cooldown that I have to worry about and wait 2 minutes to have access to a skill.

This whole concept of excelling at every aspect of the game is BS.
    Reply Quote
    I can still remember all the Dex sucks threads.

Example: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004697669

And I have remarked not just once before in those threads that dodge will be strong in PVP.

Dex for PVP, Str for PVE, I don't see a problem here. You are not supposed to win at everything.

Well except for Int been directly worst than Str because resist all is a lot easier to stack on gear than armor.
    Reply Quote
    Add "Parry" to STR. Problem solved.
    Reply Quote
    LoL dex users such as monks and dh are the op class in pvp?? where did you get this??
    High ehp barbarians are the top dogs of pvp rite now..add me in game and bring any dh or monk friend of yours, so many barbs on my list can make them look so pathetic in duels. You cannot dodge skills like rend or haunt.. not only that dodging is relied on a chance that you may dodge or not. Sure its all good if you dodged an incoming attack but what about the times you don't dodge, you're just screwed? Trust me once you get to high tier fights reliable stats such as str, ar and dmg reduction are far better.
    Reply Quote

Because AR can be on any piece of gear, and goes up to 80, which is 800 Int, which is impossible to have on any piece of gear. This is a design flaw to begin with, so the comparison is irrelevant. No class stacks INT to increase AR (even WD or Wiz), they look for AR gears.

With the one with everything passive, monks can go to 1740 AR if they want to without int stacking (960 from AR, 720 from a selected res, 60 from level 60). The damage mitigation from 1740 AR is equal to that of 17,400 armor, or 84.7%.

Stop pulling numbers out of your a$$. Maximum armor bonus from gear is almost 4000 (http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/). No class can have 8000 armor with out any str. Your barb barely has 8000 armor with all str gear and Tough as Nail. Monk theoretically could, but since the nerf to StI, monks would need 8000 Dex to be able to pull that off. Oops.

With armor, monks can get 4264 base armor, 3833 bonus armor, 167 armor from standard allocated str (1 per level x 160 levels + 7), for a total of 8263 armor without sieze the initiative passive.

Just the facts.

edit: Oops, I forgot to add in the 167 int stats they get from levels in the first example. So you can add 16.7 more to the AR calculation.

Only available for Credit Card dual wielders/boters/dupers and only after a very long time. So... this are just numbers in the air, makes no sense at all in the game.
    Edited by EzeEkke#1730 on 1/30/2013 6:08 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Posted by Kush

Because 2000 armor vs %40 dodge is not even close to fair....

not to mention being able to get 1,000+ All Res
    Edited by Kush#1868 on 1/30/2013 7:31 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Juni
    View profile
    LoL dex users such as monks and dh are the op class in pvp?? where did you get this??
    High ehp barbarians are the top dogs of pvp rite now..add me in game and bring any dh or monk friend of yours, so many barbs on my list can make them look so pathetic in duels. You cannot dodge skills like rend or haunt.. not only that dodging is relied on a chance that you may dodge or not. Sure its all good if you dodged an incoming attack but what about the times you don't dodge, you're just screwed? Trust me once you get to high tier fights reliable stats such as str, ar and dmg reduction are far better.

agree, stop being glass barb, search 4 youtube u should be able to find a barb fight 3 on 1 100k+ dps toon and none of them can kill him even once in 20mins
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]