Diablo® III

Tri-Force Mage Build

Tri-Force - Called it that because of the spam of all 3 elements, lightning, fire and ice. Cheezy right :>
Are you getting sick of the traditional CM build? Freeze everything, yawn, freeze, yawn?

The build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#blXhPT!gWc!cZccac

LeftClick - Shock Pulse (Living Lightning)
RightClick - Blizzard (Frozen Solid)
1 - Diamond Skin (Diamond Shards)
2 - Explosive Blast (Chain Reaction)
3 - Meteor (Molten Impact)
4 - Storm Armor (Shocking Aspect)
Passive 1 - Critical Mass
Passive 2 - Cold Blooded
Passive 3 - Prodigy

Note - Although the damage of Blizzard doesnt stack, the 20% freeze proc does.

I steam rolled 4 player mp8 quite easy. The amount of damage output is pretty sick, as well as being fun as hell.

Try it - you'll have a blast! BUT If you dont like it, I'll give you your money back :>

EDIT: Post 1.07
- Blizzard damage gets buffed from 210% to 510%
- Blizzard Proc coefficient increased from 0.01 to 0.0125
- Blizzard Critical Hits now correctly have a chance to proc Arcane Power on Crit
- Living Lightning damage gets buffed from 37% to 52%

This build will have some serious damage output.
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 2/13/2013 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
nice dude, I'm getting sick of playing archon/cm back and forth lol.
Ill test it on ptr.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Ryoka
Note - Although the damage of Blizzard doesnt stack, the 20% freeze proc does.

What do you mean by that part? Are you trying to say if you cast 2 blizzards, the mob takes 40% extra damage? If so I'm pretty sure that's not the case and the 20% bonus only applies if the mob is chilled or frozen, regardless of how it became that way or from how many effects.
Reply Quote
Interesting skill setup. Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait for that buff to the Blizzard skill. :)

P.S. Loroese, I think he was referring to the rune that has a 20% to freeze enemies for 3 seconds. Maybe casting Blizzard multiple times gives you multiple 20% chances to freeze mobs.
Reply Quote
Yep - what BT said. The damage over time doesnt stack. So they'll still be taking 510% over 6 secs, but each time u cast it has a 20% chance to freeze the mob.

Seriously the funnest build I've played. I mean, who doesnt like to spam meteor and blizzard at the same time?
Reply Quote
Just for a bit of fun, I used the comet rune instead of molten, and slapped on frostburn gauntlets - so that comet and blizz do some heavy dps.
Reply Quote
Just tried it. Lots of fun. Can't imagine a group would want you to play the build as you literally cannot see anything on the screen ha.

The problem I had was keeping some of the pesking elites even close to frozen. I died a decent amount for that reason. Lots of fun tho.
Reply Quote
Just tried it. Lots of fun. Can't imagine a group would want you to play the build as you literally cannot see anything on the screen ha.

The problem I had was keeping some of the pesking elites even close to frozen. I died a decent amount for that reason. Lots of fun tho.

Yeah its crazy fun hey? LOL.

I guess, choosing the right mp level determines how much u die. After swamping a few pieces, my resist is around 650, so i only attemtped mp8.

If you want more survivability, try Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell and Prismatic Armor.

Mobs were dying much faster with this build (only 110k dps) than when I use 140kdps tradtition SNS mode.

Sheet dps really means jackall for Mages, cos no other class can stack 4-5 spells on top of each other.
Reply Quote

Sheet dps really means jackall for Mages, cos no other class can stack 4-5 spells on top of each other.

Rain of toads says hi
Reply Quote

Rain of toads says hi

Rain of Toads is 1 spell....and the other 3-4?

Even if you could.....stacking Shards, Shock, Living Lightning, Meteor and Blizzard beat your froggies :> only by a bit :>
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 1/30/2013 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is the 20% flat or is it affected by wizards horrible proc coefficents
Reply Quote
interesting, will try this when 1.07 comes out
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Lilspark
Is the 20% flat or is it affected by wizards horrible proc coefficents

I've been told its flat.

Spells that are weighed by proc coefficients use the wording "have a chance to blah blah blah".

Skills/abilities that give a specific %, is that %. Ie, Gloves with "4% to immobilize on hit" actually have a 4% chance to immobilize on hit.

If Blizzard was weighed by proc coefficients, then the freeze chance would be 0.2*(some small decimal) which would equal < 5%.....but try it yourself. Hold Living Lightning and spam Blizz. It freezes more often than 1 in 20 Blizzards.
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 1/30/2013 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Fixes to arcane power on Crit with Blizzard and more then double the damage (510%) in 1.07 - this looks promising.
Try:
SA Power of the storm + DS PRISM
will negate 10 arcane power from the cost of casting

at 100-115 arcane power you'll be pumping out 3 of them before your arcane runs out.

Lets get 4 Wizards together and see who's graphics card gives up first.
Reply Quote
Fixes to arcane power on Crit with Blizzard and more then double the damage (510%) in 1.07 - this looks promising.
Try:
SA Power of the storm + DS PRISM
will negate 10 arcane power from the cost of casting

at 100-115 arcane power you'll be pumping out 3 of them before your arcane runs out.

Lets get 4 Wizards together and see who's graphics card gives up first.

U dont even need Power of the Storm and Prism....cause you're not winding up from twisters, you're using Living Lightning, which charges arcane faster than anything else.

Side note - LL+Prodigy also isnt effected by proc coefficients, so arcane is always full.

Also, in 1.07, not only has the dps on Blizzard gone from 210% to 510%, it will trigger more procs per cast!

EDIT: Post 1.07
- Blizzard damage gets buffed from 210% to 510%
- Blizzard Proc coefficient increased from 0.01 to 0.0125
- Blizzard Critical Hits now correctly have a chance to proc Arcane Power on Crit
- Living Lightning damage gets buffed from 37% to 52%

This build will have some serious damage output.
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 1/30/2013 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
interesting.

I think an alternative uber build is to swap teleport for frozen storm. you might get more freeze out of it esp at 30 apoc.
Reply Quote
This is the Shaggalicious build with Blizzard. If you're not using Arcane Dynamo for boosted Meteors with LL you're doing it wrong.

However, you CAN run Blizzard with my build.
Reply Quote
I'd trade explosive blast for blizzard and keep teleport, but that would require a whole lot more micro than my current build. Cold blooded isn't actually that bad of a swap for arcane dynamo really... I lose about ~5m xp per hour (10% efficiency loss) using cold blooded and comet(hey sometimes I get bored) instead of molten impact and arcane dynamo with my current build same thing if I use evocation instead of arcane dynamo. Depending on how much blizzard adds, it might be worth the attack turns and the headache of aiming 2 DOT spells.

I am to the point where I skip a lot of mobs that aren't dense enough, blizz might be an answer to still picking up that xp, cause I can cast, then teleport on to the next group. I will try it for sure once 1.07 goes live... I was always a blizz over orb kind of player in D2, so I was dissappointed when I outgeared blizzard's usefulness in act1 inferno in d3.
Reply Quote
Shaggy- I'm going to run with Fire Bolts, Mammoth Hydra, Shower, Conflagration, and Burning Axe of Sankis later today.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/31/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Doom - God, you sound arrogant straight off the bat. I dont know what the shaggalicious build is. And I dont need Arcane Dynamo, as I'm using CM, Prodigy and Cold Blood. Without dismissing whatever the "shaggalicious" build is, my build is based around Blizzard (due to its massive buff), and is intended for group play. So if you're not using CM, Prodigy and Cold Blood then you're doing it wrong.

Some valid points you did bring up is that you can actually focus on elements - in your case is fire with Sankis, 2-pc Tal rasha set....etc.

I focused on ice, and frostburn gauntlets.

This build definitely cant lock in the way a normal CM build could, but thats the point of the build....to do something different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]