Diablo® III

Known issues no one is addressing

I never see anyone complaining about the glitched elite winged moluks in act 3. When they fly down from the sky, they often glitch around on the ground a few times before they actually come down from the sky. I don't know if this is a mac only bug but its annoying and has never been addressed.

Also why do barbs run twice as fast as any other class when hit from a "feared" affix? Is this intended? Never saw anything about this either.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I think it was intended that the winged damons dont actually swoop down on your instantly, the delay is part of the game. It is not like they fly back up in the air (although that would be cool), so once you stop moving and its within the radius, it'll begin.

For the fear, I hardly notice this. Barbs are definitely sprinters/weightlifters all in one so if they move a little faster I can barely notice and they might have the enraged skill on.

Lap Chi
Reply Quote
Just watch the little yellow circle then you know they are coming either way then squash the little vermin. :-)
Reply Quote
I first thought you meant the bug that makes elite Moluks not come down. I don't really care about the little desync.

Anyways, fear increases your run speed. When you use Sprint it amplifies it.
Reply Quote
i know what you mean by the yellow circle. i see it and i try to get tornados on it but they normally show up on it, disappear, show up a gain, disappear and then finally fly down from the sky.

For the fear on hit, it seems that even when not using sprint barbs run away faster than any other class (and even wayyyy faster when sprinting). I could be wrong about this but it feels completely out of place and it wasn't like that all the time, just happened one patch and has been ignored.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I think it was intended that the winged damons dont actually swoop down on your instantly, the delay is part of the game. It is not like they fly back up in the air (although that would be cool), so once you stop moving and its within the radius, it'll begin.

For the fear, I hardly notice this. Barbs are definitely sprinters/weightlifters all in one so if they move a little faster I can barely notice and they might have the enraged skill on.

Lap Chi

I know that they take some time to fly down but they show up on the ground (without the flight animation) and then disappear, show up again, then disappear again and then finally they fly down with the animation (as intended).
Reply Quote
I've seen the moloks, seems to be a lot on laggy games, I've lso seen them carry off the same soldier in a loop 3x.

I don't think the barb fear is a glitch just related to skills and MS on gear. If you are using sprint and have WOTB going with lacunis on top of that you fly.
Reply Quote
I've noticed this too sometimes, although it doesn't seem like anything other than a bit of lag. Hardly a gamebreaking issue, imho.
Reply Quote
It used to be that Winged Moloks would fly down, land, be invisible (and untargetable) and attack you. Now there is a massive glitch that happens when they attempt to land somewhere where they should not be able to land, and the game may try a few times before they finally land, are visible, and attack you.

I'd love to complain about it, but given how it was, I'd rather it be how it is.
Reply Quote

Also why do barbs run twice as fast as any other class when hit from a "feared" affix? Is this intended? Never saw anything about this either.

Because barbs are wuss like that. Only thing they do is run run run! I think that is a very good design from blizzard, making them run faster when they are forced to 'admit' they are real sissies.
Reply Quote
Don't get me started:

1. Diablo 3 played in Windowed-Full Screen still freezes certain Flash programs, notably Youtube videos.
2. Shielding is broken. Previous patch changed it so only one mob can have it activated, and that the last one alive in the group will not activate it. I noticed many situations where one of the other is happening.
3. Auction House search bug - I haven't tested this recently, but I'm pretty sure it still exists. If you leave the required levels blank, the search can return an error and give you zero results. I've found this to be the case most obviously on caster off-hands with average damage.
4. Pre-58 items still dropping in Inferno. Technically they are fixing this one, but it doesn't excuse the fact that I've seen as low as level 52 follower items in Inferno. Hell, I don't even pick up the level 60 ones, they're worthless. Who the hell cares how much dps your follower does? If you're pumping out a million dps (that's NOT your listed damage of course), then who cares that your enchantress is shooting a bolt for 3k every second? They've just turned into stack sticks.
5. Thunderclap - If you are moving with your left mouse button, and you come across a targetable destructible object (usually, ones that are obstructing your path, like say, the doors in the Keep), move up to the object. Left click near it, and your Thunderclap will teleport you BACKWARDS and you will obviously miss.
6. Highlighting a two-handed weapon still shows a comparison to your main-hand weapon, not versus both weapons being unequipped. This was supposed to be fixed in a previous patch, even in the notes, but wasn't. Of course, sad part is, 99.9% of the two-handers I find still have less dps than my one main-hand weapon.
7. This probably happens on other classes, but as melee I see it happen often enough. I can't fully explain it, but to start, I use shift to attack. hold left mouse, and shift when I want to attack. Makes it easier than trying to click on things moving around too fast.

Anyway, it might happen with other abilities, but I notice it mostly with Nightmare. If I have my left mouse and shift held in, and get feared, when I come out of fear, my attacks will swing, but even when directed right at a target, won't hit anything. Sometimes, I have to let go, try again, and repeat more than once before it works again. And no, it's not Shielding, the attacks are landing from a physical standpoint, but aren't doing anything.

Also, the winged molluks you mentioned don't always come down in a group, and if they're elites, you can get screwed by not getting the elite kills (and loot) because the last one won't come down.
Edited by Kupo#1759 on 1/31/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't get me started:

1. Diablo 3 played in Windowed-Full Screen still freezes certain Flash programs, notably Youtube videos.
2. Shielding is broken. Previous patch changed it so only one mob can have it activated, and that the last one alive in the group will not activate it. I noticed many situations where one of the other is happening.
3. Auction House search bug - I haven't tested this recently, but I'm pretty sure it still exists. If you leave the required levels blank, the search can return an error and give you zero results. I've found this to be the case most obviously on caster off-hands with average damage.
4. Pre-58 items still dropping in Inferno. Technically they are fixing this one, but it doesn't excuse the fact that I've seen as low as level 52 follower items in Inferno. Hell, I don't even pick up the level 60 ones, they're worthless. Who the hell cares how much dps your follower does? If you're pumping out a million dps (that's NOT your listed damage of course), then who cares that your enchantress is shooting a bolt for 3k every second? They've just turned into stack sticks.
5. Thunderclap - If you are moving with your left mouse button, and you come across a targetable destructible object (usually, ones that are obstructing your path, like say, the doors in the Keep), move up to the object. Left click near it, and your Thunderclap will teleport you BACKWARDS and you will obviously miss.
6. Highlighting a two-handed weapon still shows a comparison to your main-hand weapon, not versus both weapons being unequipped. This was supposed to be fixed in a previous patch, even in the notes, but wasn't. Of course, sad part is, 99.9% of the two-handers I find still have less dps than my one main-hand weapon.
7. This probably happens on other classes, but as melee I see it happen often enough. I can't fully explain it, but to start, I use shift to attack. hold left mouse, and shift when I want to attack. Makes it easier than trying to click on things moving around too fast.

Anyway, it might happen with other abilities, but I notice it mostly with Nightmare. If I have my left mouse and shift held in, and get feared, when I come out of fear, my attacks will swing, but even when directed right at a target, won't hit anything. Sometimes, I have to let go, try again, and repeat more than once before it works again. And no, it's not Shielding, the attacks are landing from a physical standpoint, but aren't doing anything.

Also, the winged molluks you mentioned don't always come down in a group, and if they're elites, you can get screwed by not getting the elite kills (and loot) because the last one won't come down.

Wow, you just brought up so many things i forgot about! The shielding is annoying as !@#$. Was supposed to be 1 monster at a time and it can sometimes be 2/3 monsters and when the last one has 5% of his life left he likes to throw on that shield.

When i play windowed my game bugs and it locks all keys but the game keeps running. So i keep moving in the direction i was moving, keep using the same skill as i was (mostly ww), and get stuck in a corner until i quit the program.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Kupo

Fixed in PTR.

Now they need to fix comparison of set bonuses, which aren't taken into account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]