Diablo® III

Update on Upcoming Changes to Rubies

Am i wrong or using the horadric cube to uprade your gems back in d2 was free ? Why do we have to pay so much to upgrade our gems?
Reply Quote
Sad thing is that instead of leaving as is and promoting a little diversity...they nerf the buff and will probably delay the patch another GD 3 weeks
Edited by xJNx#1314 on 2/2/2013 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:39 PMPosted by DeathStar
Am i wrong or using the horadric cube to uprade your gems back in d2 was free ? Why do we have to pay so much to upgrade our gems?
Because the name of this game isn't Diablo 2.

It's Diablo 3. A much different system.

Also, you're using a multitude of +54 gems. Stop complaining.
Reply Quote
Please bring back diamonds and skulls from diablo 2, instead of making like 10 precent changes to gems. the game can be more diverse
Reply Quote
pls fix Item drop to more quality item than quantity to balance the game. So players with no cash can catch up with players with cash to spend with. Dont be so greedy in AH and fix the item drop to balance the game. Its more exciting to pick-up your good item instead of buying it in AH. And players will play more hours than spending their playing time auctioning
Reply Quote
I know its completly different , what i mean is that we should be able to get the top tiers gems just by playing and farming. I have played a lot since the release and yet , i have only 40m gold from drop ... its not even enough to create one marquise. The first thing i have think about when ive first seen the marquise preview was ''Gonna spend some time flipping or spend a couple of box to atleast get 2 for my weap'' Sorry but imo , it is sad. (sorry for my english since it is not my main language)
Reply Quote

There was no need to nerf this, instead you guys should have been smarter and BUFFED THE OTHER GEMS.

110% crit for a 60m green gem? what the hell is the point of that. Buff that to be on PAR WITH THE RUBY.

STOP NERFING and START BUFFING INSTEAD.

BUFF IT AND MAKE IT ON PAR WITH THE OVERPOWERED RUBIES.

Stop making stupid decisions blizzard, your act is getting old

This is what Blizzard has been doing for the better part of the past 10 years. One thing (one class, one gem, one piece of gear, one build, one talent, you name it... ) is suddenly "OP" because of OTHER things in the game that have changed and rather than buff everything else, they nerf it.

I love the vast majority of what Blizzard does (no, not a fanboy, just honest) but I grew weary of the ridiculous backwards reactionary mentality that they do to "fix" things, especially when things aren't necessarily even "broken".
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Zed
I wish every item would just have one line that says "+# average damage". Add up all the min damage, add up all the max damage, divide by two and list as "average damage".

No, because min damage and max damage are not the same.

On average is yields the same, but in practice it doesn't because +max will increase your damage range, while +min will narrow it.

For instances consider LifeSteal, in order for it to benefit the most you'll need to hit a certain on hit damage. While + max will give you a chance to score a higher hit number, a +min will guarantee that you hit harder everytime and thereby securing you a minimum amount of healing.

Not everything is about averages and damage per second, you have to consider there variety aswell
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 03:49 AMPosted by Nubtro
What they did here is they actually fixed part of the MinMaxDam issue - related to Rubies. Your max damage no longer gets the benefit from the min damage on your Rubies.

Correct. What they have done here is make a work around that makes no change to the effect of the rubies in any weapon but the "bugged" (and only the bugged ones) black weapons. Basically, with those particular weapons you will not get 150 min and 300 max damage but rather 150 and 150. The rubies will work exactly the same with any non-black or non-bugged-black weapon as before otherwise. It's basically stop 1150 dps black weapons from becoming 1700-1800 dps weapons (they'll only be 1400-1500).

They have addressed the other issue concerning constistency of ruby effects overy gem quality already - which is how it should be.

This is acceptable but makes the rubies a bit of a niche gem. They only seem to be as good or better than emeralds if you have 350% (ish) crit damage to begin with with. Otherwise the emerald is the better choice. At least this means there CAN be some variety... although it has less (nothing?) to do with attack speed than they original stated.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
I love how, instead of fixing a bug (black weapon bug), they actually decide to design items around the existence of the bug, as if it was originally intended.

Weak, Blizzard. Weak.
Reply Quote
I love how, instead of fixing a bug (black weapon bug), they actually decide to design items around the existence of the bug, as if it was originally intended.

Weak, Blizzard. Weak.

They never said that they weren't going to fix the black weapon bug itself either. Just that they don't have a timeframe for that and when/if they do, they will not apply it retroactively to existing black weapons that have the bug. I'm glad for that last part, because I have multiple weapons I have picked up that do have it (I never realized they were "bugged" until recently when this ruby issue brought it up).

Honestly though, I'm not sure what the big cry about fixing the black weapon bug is. If they do fix it, then going forward you will not be able to find decent 1 handed weapons much over the 1100 mark (pretty much the sole territory of the bugged black weapons). We all lose in the end with that one. If they don't fix retroactively to existing (as stated so far), then you have a whole new exclusive market of super weapons that will never grow in number (can't drop anymore). Crappy for anyone trying to buy into that to join the "elite" ranks. If they do end up applying it retroactively, then the bar is permanently lowered for everyone. It's lose/lose all the way around when this bug does get fixed.

All they've said so far with this ruby change, as I understand it, is they are making it so that the bugged black weapon case doesn't gain any further advantage over everything else. Seems reasonable... although I was really looking forward to taking advantage of it! ;p

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Honestly though, I'm not sure what the big cry about fixing the black weapon bug is. If they do fix it, then going forward you will not be able to find decent 1 handed weapons much over the 1100 mark (pretty much the sole territory of the bugged black weapons). We all lose in the end with that one. If they don't fix retroactively to existing (as stated so far), then you have a whole new exclusive market of super weapons that will never grow in number (can't drop anymore). Crappy for anyone trying to buy into that to join the "elite" ranks. If they do end up applying it retroactively, then the bar is permanently lowered for everyone. It's lose/lose all the way around when this bug does get fixed.

-dolynick

uhhhhhhhhh that probably isn't true. Most likely in the future the calamity (using this bow as an example as a bugged weapon) would have a much higher base damage range and compensate by now allowing the +min/+max damage ranges to cause a max_base recalculation.

Calamity Min Base = 48
Calamity Max Base = 275

Threshold for bug is I think 226 or 227. Anything above that +minimum damage number causes the Max Base to re recalculated.

One thing they could do as an example (please bear in mind this is just for simplicity)

They could raise the MinBase and MaxBase by 100 and subtract enough from the +min damage affix so it doesn't spill over and still give good high amounts of dps.

Another way they could do it was cap +MIN Damage affix at 225 and increase Max Damage Affix by 75 (if 300 is the max min damage affix value). This would keep the lower range in check but increase the higher end giving a bigger damage range (not necessarily in favor of this but could be an option).

There are multiple things that can be done in the future to avoid the "bug" persay without stating nothing will be above 1100dps anymore. That statement seems like a very mis-informed statement people might accept as truth.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 2/4/2013 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Fair enough if they went that route I suppose.

What I was getting at though is that the primary reason why black weapons can achieve dps ranges in the 1200s (might be different for hand xbows, I deal mostly in wands, axes and maces) is because of the double add on the max damage. If they remove the double add, then dps is going to go down, presumably back down more into the range on non-black weapons. Looking at wands, aside from Chan's hitting the 1150-1188 range, I don't recall seeing very many non-black wands over 1100 dps.

I don't know why you would assume that they are going to raise the base damage of Calamity though. That isn't the problem. It's simply the formula for the damage double adding and raising it artificially higher. I would expect them to find a way to correct that rather than completely change the base damages and/or alter the affix values completely (though the latter is feasible). Either way, I would expect the end result to be a dps decrease once the min+max (and it's just +max) for max damage is removed.

I do personally think that having +minimum damage add to +maximum for maximum damage calculation makes sense (if they are going to be shown as separate values rather than an xx-xx range) but that is apparently not how Blizzard sees it should work. That would actually result in dps increase accross the board for black weapons, especially in the "non-bugged" black weapons out there.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 01:18 PMPosted by xzavier
I think the prices of gems always has been way to high. It should be somewhat obtainable without using RMAH which it isn't now. I've picked up about 42m gold in 480h of playing and what would that have gotten me? One perfect Gem, one... The best gems should cost 5m tops.

Totally agree, it's ridiculous to think that the user can come up with that amount of money on their own. The problem is that Blizz is making money from all the sales so they sit quietly and reap in the cash while we QQ.
Reply Quote
Funny how pay to win Barbs controls this game. They cried about snapshot monks like 2-3 weeks ago and it's "fix" in 1.07 after the mechanics is known for over 6 months now and bliz never admitted it to be a bog nor an exploit and I have an email from them that shows it's only the mechanics not a bug and not an exploit. Now pay to win Barbs started to cry about the Black damage weapons Bug and bliz are saying they won't fix it and when they will it wont effect the weapons that are already in game. My god u guys are a joke! is there anything u won't do for money??????? A bug is a bug and it needs to be fixed. like you fixed and nerf the IAS on gear so u need to fix the bug on black damage. if some1 paid money for it he should deal with it. That Bug is know for a long time now and blizzard said its a known bug so why not fix it? makes me sick the way blizzard operates when it comes to money.
Reply Quote
i resent the troll remark
Reply Quote
Create a solution to the problem, and employ a plan that is in the spectrum of a game that is expected from a game 15 years in the works. Allowing the ideas to be key on point a processed by the public. Concept is good, but expected a revolution in the procession in the game. Feels, and looks like I am playing a cleaned up version of D2. Just want gem conversion to cost less, and or be in the process of a cube. Enjoyed making my own items. PvP needs to be back in game. Drawing out, fully accessible world map. More areas basically.

I know I missed the Q and A, but I just want to enjoy the game.
Mike
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
01/31/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’ve been listening to your feedback

Ho ho, haha, hueuhuehehue!

Joke's on me!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]