thanks for the post, but please add another example to your post about the "+x% damage" affix so people don´t have to test it themselves.
From the examples you made, it semms like you´ll fix the "+min/+max damage being calculated incorrectly issue", for rubies only.
This means that in your first example 150-200 weapon damage, a +80/+80 ruby in the current game (before the change) would give us 150+80 = 230 min damage and because 230 is higher than 200, 230+1+80 = 311 max damage. That´s the issue with calculating damage in the current game. The game adds min damage and then checks if it´s higher than max damage. If yes, it applies the higher min damage as the new max damage (+1).
The problem is, if you only fixed the bug itself, that this is a very minor fix. That´s why I ask for clarification:Are you fixing just the calculation issue of rubies or are you also changing the position of rubies in the weapon damage calculation?
1. base weapon damage (base range of white weapons)
2. add +minimum (weapon) damage
3. add +min damage from Ruby
4. game checks if min damage is higher than base max damage (this step is the MinMaxDam issue):
YES -> use the new min damage +1 as base max damage
NO -> use original base max damage
5. add +maximum weapon damage
6. add +max damage from Ruby
7. multiply results 3. and 5. by "+x% damage"
8. add total min damage from jewelry and off hand (mojo/source) to min damage and total max damage from jewelry and off hand (mojo/source) to max damage
9. add "adds x% to elemental damage" by multiplying the min damage value by the x% and max damage value by the x% to get +min-max elemental damage
10. add "+min-max elemental damage"
Please answer, it´s unclear from your post. Thanks in advance.
Anyway, it´s nice to see the whole weapon damage being addressed by the developers, because it´s one of the biggest problems in the game right now. That´s why I specifically asked about elemental vs physical weapon damage in the ask the devs thread. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398?page=6#118http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6444685753?page=1#17
Hopefully it got enough votes to be chosen. There´s no reason for elemental weapons (except cold) to be inferior to physical ones, damage-wise.