Diablo® III

RD change in PTR (1.30.13)

01/31/2013 10:24 AMPosted by sabrewulf
Speaking as an Archon, I haven't noticed any appreciable difference. The effect is easier to see now and the up/down cycles appear to last longer, but the damage itself feels the same to me when not using a LS wep.

Good to hear. I actually like RD as it stands now in 1.06. It makes gearing more than just a race to your highest dps... Makes you consider mitigation ehp sustain in addition to dps
Reply Quote
Maybe the real buff here would be for meteor builds, a critical Molten Impact can crit for quite a lot.
Reply Quote
PTR Bug Fixes
◦Monsters
■Damage reflected back from the Reflects Damage affix should now be capped at 10% of the monster’s current health pool (overkill damage is not considered in the reflect)

Am I the only one reading that in a certain way? As the fight goes on, RD should get less and less. If so its a big nerf.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Aphraell
Am I the only one reading that in a certain way? As the fight goes on, RD should get less and less. If so its a big nerf.

That's how I'm reading it and feeling it.

So any little ramp up pre-EB will lower the burst potential of RD and by the time the pack is sufficiently low they might as well not have the affix. I've been looking for a way to get away from MWBM with my glassy gear, and this might finally let me do that if I can add a modest amount of LoH.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Aphraell

I read it the same way you are, and it doesn't mean its a nerf cause Rd already deals 10%. Why would this mean RD would deal less damage? The only time this would mean RD deals less damage if from your last hit (the killing blow). A 500k hit will reflect 50k damage clear down to the end, until the mob had <500k life. Then a 500k hit will reflect 10% of the mobs remaining life.

This is less than a fraction of one % reduction in RD.
Reply Quote
feels like RD= 10% damage you do x (current health/total health)
Reply Quote
I read it the same way you are, and it doesn't mean its a nerf cause Rd already deals 10%. Why would this mean RD would deal less damage?

It feels at the moment like RD is being mitigated better by AR/Armor etc......

Its alot different than on Live and last PTR patch.
Reply Quote
I still prefer my current mitigation though. It's not RD that troubles me, it's 3 Arcane sweeping through me.
Reply Quote
Speaking of RD in the upcoming patch, does anybody know if the wonky interaction between RD, LS, and damage reducing monster abilities (tremor "blocking" and occultist shields) has been addressed?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, mobs that have some sort of damage reducing effect on them calculate damage reflected before factoring in damage reduction, but calculate life returned by life steal after factoring in the damage reduction, causing the reflected damage-to-life returned ratio to become oppressively large.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking this means arcane strike is the way to go vs rd mobs in the future coz beam is made up of a bunch of small ticks and you're going to still murder yourself, right?
Reply Quote
I finally was able to get on ptr and wow is rd nerfed, was pretty convinced that the nerf was big until i jumped into a rd + horde + electrified pack and nothing!.... just a few slight spikes at the beggining and then life globe didnt even moove. that combo murders me in live in a few secs if im not carefull.in how i engage.
Reply Quote
Tried to tell you's........

Everyone's 3rd passive jsut became Glass Cannon lol.
Reply Quote
Lower MP's still most effecint and game is boring with monsters that hit like a wet noodle. Just FYI. I don't like this patch despite ur excitement.
Reply Quote
I'm not saying the patch is great, but alot of it is a step in the right direction. Even if they can't implement it properly.

This game does not have enough to do endgame yet thats the issue. And if they keep working on improvements like they do, I have no doubt I'll be playing this for many years to come.

They just need to fix itemisation, introduce Runes/Runewords, more Events such as D2's "Diablo walks the Earth"(That was awesome btw), add Talisman/Charms/Jewels, Add Horadric Cube for salvaging and unique random crafting, Uber "Torch" event, fix battlenet so its more like D2 version and you can create Game Names, increase party size, Add PVP events/rewards.

The game has the basics right. If you've played POE you'll realise how flawless D3's gameplay is. The problem is they've simplified everything too much, making it "flawed" in most Hardcore gamers opinions. But caters to the masses. The thing is, its the hardcore gamers who normally keep these games alive and/or interesting.

Have a look how many people post on the forums considering 10million copies were sold. Most of the forum players are reasonably HC. They whinge and !@#$% becuse they love the game and know it can be better than what it currently it.

TLDR: Yea patch is ok, but not super exciting.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/3/2013 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like to be able to reforge items. At least let me reforge one property. How awesome it can be !
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 05:02 AMPosted by Aphraell
I read it the same way you are, and it doesn't mean its a nerf cause Rd already deals 10%. Why would this mean RD would deal less damage?

It feels at the moment like RD is being mitigated better by AR/Armor etc......

Its alot different than on Live and last PTR patch.

Could be because there's a bug currently on live where Elite's minions are reflecting more damage than intended if they spawn with the RD affix, and it's fixed on PTR (not sure if it's in the patch notes or not, though). I think the bug with RD + Health Link still exists on live, too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]