Diablo® III

Was NV nerfed recently?

4 times tonight with x5 stacks of NV I have had no rares drop from elite packs.

And no they are not purple rares.

I thought once..ok, then twice wth, then again I was like....... then a 4th time like WTF is going on.

Something aint right.
Reply Quote
What you are describing is completely impossible, you simply have to be wrong, or lying to get a rise out of people
Reply Quote
It was probably 5 times with 4 stacks...
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Paz
What you are describing is completely impossible, you simply have to be wrong, or lying to get a rise out of people

Ya like its impossible for a lvl 31 legendary to drop in inferno mode, when I had one drop for me.

I know what im seeing, and im sure im not the only one that its happening to, maybe the old bug is back.
Reply Quote
I don't wanna throw fuel on the fire, but I would have sworn I had the same thing happen last night. At least on two different occasions I had all blues and I thought, "Where are the drops?" And then I went oh well and moved on.
Reply Quote
OK, I just killed a treasure Goblin with X5 NV, all blue items, I been in this run for 20 minutes, killed 10+ elite packs.

Say what you like, something is up.
Reply Quote
Maybe you aren't killing the entire pack, Sometimes I find elites hiding around a corner away from the main pack.
Reply Quote
the only level 31 legendaries that can drop in inferno are Spectrum and Horadric Hamburger only because they have the chance to roll an ilvl 63 stat( as you can see in AH some go up to 700dps)
Reply Quote
If what OP claims is true they should submit a bug report.

NV has always worked fine for me. Nothing has changed recently.
Reply Quote
OK, I just killed a treasure Goblin with X5 NV, all blue items, I been in this run for 20 minutes, killed 10+ elite packs.

Say what you like, something is up.

OP log completely out and back in to see if that fixes the issue...
Reply Quote
If this is true, it should be posted in the bug forum, not here.
Reply Quote
Depending on where you kill the mobs, sometimes the yellows go behind the blue items. Pick up a few blues and see if a yellow appears. Or you didn't kill the whole group. Or you only have 4 stacks. Or this is bugged for OP only. Or OP is a troll.

Something in that should work.
Reply Quote
I had the same things happen to me but i was paragon lvling my wizard in Archon so i didn't care, and didnt really think about it until i started to look for the rare and it didnt come after the 5 stack.
Reply Quote
Record a video, and post it. That's one way to prove everything you're saying is true. Otherwise I doubt anybody will believe you on here.
Reply Quote
I believe him, because it happened to me a few times last night.

But really, the guaranteed rare isn't really very special; if it's going to be good, it has to roll 6 affix, which it rolls at the same chance as anything else. Otherwise it's a garbage 4 affix. The only thing special about 5 NV is that it opens up an additional item slot for drops, giving you one more chance at an item (out of...7?) per elite.
Reply Quote
I've definitely had this happen more than once. Especially with Treasure Gobs. I almost don't bother with them because I usually get all blues with 5 stacks.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 08:16 AMPosted by ThrondaKal
I've definitely had this happen more than once. Especially with Treasure Gobs. I almost don't bother with them because I usually get all blues with 5 stacks.

Funny, I've gotten 5 rares out of them 2 or 3 times so I take them out every time...rng is rng I guess.
Reply Quote
Blue items iz good!!!!!!! forgot those rare items.. Keep it up Billzzz
Reply Quote
Happens to me occasionally...I usually just shrug, mumble something like "fukin game" and move on...
Reply Quote
I had this happen since the last maintenance patch last Tuesday.

I posted this a few days ago and got flamed by the usual fanboys saying its rng.

A guaranteed drop is not RNG if you dont get one.

Rare drops in general were nerfed, I've Finished runs after playing this game from release with 25% of the rares I usually found and i mean run after run. not just one crappy run here and there. After 5 stacks there are bonus rares ect... instead there is now nothing
Edited by Thingle#1237 on 2/1/2013 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]