Diablo® III

Depressed :( (about my gear lol)

I was reading up on the SNS/CM wizard build guide, and it seems like I have to redo all my gear :(.

Can anyone give me some tips on what I should do?

Sell all my gear then have gold to buy new gear or?

I currently have 40 mil without my gear sold.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Except for the chants set, your gear is definitely a bit more archon oriented atm. I'm a long time archon trying to build a CM set based on my gear, so our situations aren't that different.

My advice would be to go ahead invest a bit of your gold in a better archon set and use the improved farming speed of archon to help put together a separate CM set. For 15m you could easily get a 1000+dps black sword or wand with os and ls. Pair that with a 5m trium and a cheap pair of innas pants and you should have over 200k dps buffed. Easily enough to cruise through MP1 or possibly MP2 in perma archon.

After that, set your sights on a crucial CM piece and farm towards it. Try to get an amulet with CC, loh, and attack speed (Duncraig Cross would go nice with those BT pants). Then go for a good CC Lacuni. Then grab a CC Tasker/Theo (less dps, higher ias and armor). etc.
Reply Quote
View profile
You need like 22 more ias and ~20 apoc so you're not too bad off.

like replace chest with Tal rash and then ring, gloves and ammy with higher ias versions. and then a stormcrow for apoc/loh.
Reply Quote
Hey Chocobo,

Thanks for reading my guide! If you have any other questions, just post them there. I check in on it all the time.

The first post after the guide is a theoretical 100M example toon. You can start buying toward some of that example gear. Or at least start watching some of the items. It'll give you an idea of where the market is, and what's a good deal or not. You can certainly spend alot less and get to the same place if you catch some good deals. That's what I did!

First thing to do really is get a Chant Will....with as much AS as you can afford per DPS. The attack speed of all of your other gear will be based off of this. Usually something in the 1.71-1.74 range is nice....with as much DPS as is reasonable for your budget. I'd probably spend 10-20M (of a theoretical 100M character budget) on the Will. Something like 1100 DPS.

[I think I actually have something like that on the AH right now for 20M (~1150 DPS and 1.71 AS if I remember right) and isn't selling. If you're interested, contact me in game and I'll give you a deal on it....it'll help you and save me the taxes, lol.]

Good luck!
Reply Quote
If I were you I'd keep my archon gears and farm til you can afford a cm set. Having both will keep your sanity. Feeling lazy, archon. Feeling like some group stuff, cm.
archon is way more efficient farming wise I believe anyways.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:50 PMPosted by ATGOWTWT
My advice would be to go ahead invest a bit of your gold in a better archon set and use the improved farming speed of archon to help put together a separate CM set. For 15m you could easily get a 1000+dps black sword or wand with os and ls. Pair that with a 5m trium and a cheap pair of innas pants and you should have over 200k dps buffed. Easily enough to cruise through MP1 or possibly MP2 in perma archon.

I have an Echoing Fury with ~1090 dps with 2.8 LS for my archon. That gear was to show my CM gear. Is that 6% Arcane Damage from the trium a huge boost?

@PieHole Thanks for the awesome guide! I added you, so I could talk to you ingame.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Ya I have two sets. I switch out for Lacunis, Echoing fury, mempos, and leorics when I go archon to plvl and farm items.

If CM, then I'm using yellow bracers with AR and 6 CC, Apoc helm with 4.5 CC plus int and vit, and then a trifecta ring.
Reply Quote
I have an Echoing Fury with ~1090 dps with 2.8 LS for my archon. That gear was to show my CM gear. Is that 6% Arcane Damage from the trium a huge boost?

Huh? Assuming you are using a black weapon and a 6/6/6 trium, it would be an 18% boost which is quite significant. You lose the ias from Force, but the raw damage of a well rolled Trium should still exceed it by a good amount. If in doubt, tho, use a dps calculator to actually SEE the damage difference.

BTW, if your EF has no socket, you should probably abandon it for a socketed lifesteal weapon instead - especially since you already have the RS emerald.

@PieHole Thanks for the awesome guide! I added you, so I could talk to you ingame.

Thanks!

Seconded - that guide has been an invaluable learning resource for me, too.

If you already have a decent archon set and are just looking improve your CM set, then PieHole is right, go for an ias chant and get a stormcrow. After that, the 2.73 bp should be in easy reach. I still think a BT ammy with CC is a great place to pick up the extra ias cuz you get the set bonus vit.
Edited by ATGOWTWT#1159 on 1/31/2013 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]