- crafting
- endgame items
- U.I options
- Additional Setting options
- Enhanced communication
- Game stability
- Game security
- PvP

After all of that has been addressed, I might start to factor in the games economy.
In other words, the economy is like DLC to me.
It's entirely optional and should play a non-role on the game design or execution.

If the best item in the world sells for $3.00.
That's fine by me so long as the game plays well.
The AH is an optional feature after all.

Well said.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
I'd rather have a good time farming for fun and interesting items than farming for gold to buy them. Too bad it's blizzard's interest that we find as little as possible in order to funnel us into their auction house.
If this was true there wouldn't be much on the AH.
Reply Quote
I'd rather have a good time farming for fun and interesting items than farming for gold to buy them. Too bad it's blizzard's interest that we find as little as possible in order to funnel us into their auction house.
If this was true there wouldn't be much on the AH.

No, if that was true there would be much on the AH. Instead, everything on the AH is the same, just with a different main stat. And the few items that are interesting don't have search parameters for what you are looking for.
Edited by Khendo#1489 on 2/7/2013 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
economy ? AH is just a show room for gody item. If you dont buy gold you never reach there. In these un rewardable item system . Dupping is welcomed.

Please dupe more . No matter i can assess them or lot. Let the one who pay suffer .
Reply Quote
View profile
02/06/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

I have been making experiments to find a way to get around that feeling of needing the AH. I think I have finally figured out one. But I do not have a character high enough in the paragon levels to find out. Now with paragon leveling I say all that is needed is to have one character that is the farmer for the others on your account. Then the other characters can be there for fun and experimentation with wild and radical builds.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 10:01 PMPosted by ThisIsMe
the economy is meaningless to me. fix drops and itemization so we can farm our own gear w/out using the ah. I couldn't care less what it does to the economy.

You do realize, you CAN actually farm your own gear without using the AH. In fact, if you don't use the AH, your farming will be MUCH more rewarding (no "fixing of drops" is needed), you will find upgrades constantly, see very real progression, and you can finish inferno entirely with self-found and crafted gear.

BUT, the moment you touch the AH, you WILL be affected by the economy, whether you care about it or not. The economy is not just for flippers and RMAH tycoons. It directly affects the value of your farming.
Reply Quote
I'd probably quit D3 when the economy gets bad enough. Probably return at expansion though.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Ignatius

Were all of those legendaries you have equipped bought on the AH?

Yes, since i couldn't find crap on my own because everything that drops is terrible. Those legendaries aren't even spectacular. Isn't it bad when even an undergeared fellow such as myself can't find a proper upgrade as a product deliberately frustrating loot system crafted to funnel people in the auction house? Heck, I think the best item i've ever found was a rather mediocre skorn that sold for like 5mill after several relistings. The rest of the stuff you see was bought with gold slowly built up after selling a few things here and there, nothing major, at most 1 or 2 million. Since you wanted to try the profile card on me, i'll tell you out of "all those legendaries" equipped on my DH, only one has been found by me: the templar's weapon, which isn't even great, and i just kept it for the mf bonus. That and one of her rings is the best i've been able to find.

Blizzard knows loot is terrible, and they want it to continue being terrible in order to keep RMAH transactions flowing in.
Reply Quote
If there was an offline mode, I could care less.

In an online-only game, where gear has heavy dependency and scarcely drops putting more emphasis on buying/trading, the economy is paramount.
Reply Quote
Ideally, the economy should have ZERO impact on players. Unfortunately, Blizzard allowed greed to dictate their design philosophy and made the game around the AH, which means the economy affects EVERYONE whether they want to or not, whether they realize it or not. This means that the economy does in fact affect everyone and anyone who is smart and not a blind fanboy would realize this. Now Blizzard is concerned over any change they make of how it would affect this worthless "economy" that they created out of their own greed.
Reply Quote
I'd be perfectly happy if the D3 "economy" went straight into the toilet and the thousands of pimple-infested pale-skinned basement-dwelling dweebs that wouldn't know what to do with a naked girl in the unlikely event they ever actually saw one who live and die by it committed mass suicide by OD'ing on Red Bull.
Reply Quote
A balanced economy should be very important to everyone considering that drop rates are based on trading. Almost everyone will need to use the AH if they intend to progress in the game at decent pace.
Reply Quote
The economy means nothing to me. It's time to focus on what's good for the game, without worrying about peoples' make believe fortunes. Fix crafting, fix elemental weapon damage, fix what needs fixing. I can't believe the amount of QQ about improvements to the game that might affect the "value" (what the eff?) of a virtual item! These people would literally prefer to be rich in a sh1ttier version of the game than play a better version!

Anyway, the market always adjusts . Always.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:40 AMPosted by tbagala

You do realize, you CAN actually farm your own gear without using the AH. In fact, if you don't use the AH, your farming will be MUCH more rewarding (no "fixing of drops" is needed), you will find upgrades constantly, see very real progression, and you can finish inferno entirely with self-found and crafted gear.

BUT, the moment you touch the AH, you WILL be affected by the economy, whether you care about it or not. The economy is not just for flippers and RMAH tycoons. It directly affects the value of your farming.

Wrong. It has already been stated by a CM that the items on the AH affect how the items dropped will roll on a global scale. Whether you use the AH or not is irrelevant. This said, was to prevent the 'economy' from flooding the market with thousands of godly pieces of gear at once. So even if you never touch the AH, ever, the global player base, and current item listings on the AH, will still dictate the quality of items rolled when dropped.

Nope, you're wrong I'm afraid. That is the biggest load of crap ever, an unfortunately popular misinterpretation of a CM's post which, despite being cleared up later by the CM, the rumor is still spread like germs around here. Wash your hands, bro!

Items on the AH do NOT affect the current drop rate AT ALL. The original intention to have a low drop rate back in pre-1.05 was low, because they didn't want the AH to be trashed. But later, they relented under all the QQ here and massively increased the drop rate anyway, sacrificing the softcore economy to make the game easy enough to play without AH.

If you don't believe me, try farming inferno hardcore. You won't get any higher drop rate, despite the fact that the hardcore auction house hardly has any legendary items in it at all. So clearly the AH does NOT affect drop rate, or else it would be absolutely raining legendaries in comparison to softcore.

But no, the drop rate is the same regardless of the contents of the AH. The big difference is, legendary items are WORTH a lot more in hardcore, due to the economy being in a healthy state, making farming a whole lot more rewarding in hardcore than softcore.
Reply Quote
Completely irrelevant

Diablo games should focus on:
- combat
- class balance
- content
- itemization
- crafting
- endgame items
- U.I options
- Additional Setting options
- Enhanced communication
- Game stability
- Game security
- PvP

After all of that has been addressed, I might start to factor in the games economy.
In other words, the economy is like DLC to me.
It's entirely optional and should play a non-role on the game design or execution.

If the best item in the world sells for $3.00.
That's fine by me so long as the game plays well.
The AH is an optional feature after all.

Agree completely.
Reply Quote

Nope, you're wrong I'm afraid. That is the biggest load of crap ever, an unfortunately popular misinterpretation of a CM's post which, despite being cleared up later by the CM, the rumor is still spread like germs around here. Wash your hands, bro!

Items on the AH do NOT affect the current drops AT ALL. The original intention to have a low drop rate back in pre-1.05 was low, because they didn't want the AH to be trashed. But later, they relented under all the QQ here and massively increased the drop rate anyway, sacrificing the softcore economy to make the game easy enough to play without AH.

If you don't believe me, try farming inferno hardcore. You won't get any better drops, despite the fact that the hardcore auction house hardly has any legendary items in it at all. So clearly the AH does NOT affect drops, or else it would be absolutely raining godly legendaries in comparison to softcore.

But no, the drops are the same regardless of the contents of the AH. The big difference is, legendary items are WORTH a lot more in hardcore, due to the economy being in a healthy state, making farming a whole lot more rewarding in hardcore than softcore.

Read again what i posted, as i did not say it will affect drop RATE, but rather QUALITY of drops, which is in fact.. fact.

Quality? I'd laugh if the CM really said that. Now you're just making stuff up. Regardless of your conspiracy theories, the current AH does NOT affect your drops IN ANY WAY. Quality, quantity, whatever.

Let me rephrase:

Items on the AH do NOT affect the current drops AT ALL.

If you don't believe me, try farming inferno hardcore. You won't get any better DROPS, despite the fact that the hardcore auction house hardly has any legendary items in it at all. So clearly the AH does NOT affect drops, or else it would be absolutely raining Godly legendaries in comparison to softcore.

But no, the drops are the same regardless of the contents of the AH. The big difference is, SAME QUALITY legendary items are WORTH a lot MORE in hardcore, due to the economy being in a healthy state, making farming a whole lot more rewarding in hardcore than softcore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]