Diablo® III

Dear Blizz, monks r still screwed...

02/01/2013 03:40 AMPosted by PolishPanzer
Shunn has no idea. Spirit regen is just bad and it was just a kick in the face when they gave us a .33 spirit regen on our set.

Pvp son..
Reply Quote
and now they are nerfing 7% crit Nat bonus!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810091773
I really hope they don't turn all our gear to trash taking out the 2 pieces Nat's bonus...

If they do, well, they've taken enough from me, I'll play something else.
Reply Quote
Pacers101 makes a decent point about attack speed and dual wielders, but that applies to the old way of playing where monks rarely used spirit-spending, damage-dealing skills.

Post 1.07, try spamming Overawe, hitting Wave of Light, refreshing your Blinding Flash, and you will find yourself with zero spirit and waiting several seconds even when dual wielding to use any of your skills. As your spirit replenishes you will have to choose between Wave of Light and Overawe, but not both. At the same time, you will have to keep a reserve for Serenity or Breath of Heaven or Sweeping Wind if the timer runs out.

Comparing this to the only other melee class, Barbarian, there is NO Into the Fray or HotA type synergies to replenish fury (or spirit for monks) constantly. Barb also has numerous other bonuses to fury generation, like the IK set, passives, and Mighty Weapon. Monk looks pathetic in comparison.

I've been doing this for weeks now actually (playing around with stuff) - you just have to use the reduced cost for Wave of Light + Exhaled Soul. You will run out of spirit if you are trying to spam mantra+bells non stop without using FoT and the mob is still alive though.
Reply Quote
and no blue :c
Reply Quote
and now they are nerfing 7% crit Nat bonus!

if this happens in this patch, it will nerf my monk by 12% total
Reply Quote
Welcome to the problem WDs have had since the beginning of the game. Except we can't fix it with IAS. Get in line.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 2/2/2013 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
WD got a buff to mana generation not too long ago. We haven't even had that.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:02 PMPosted by stromchin
WD got a buff to mana generation not too long ago. We haven't even had that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]