Diablo® III

Does Anybody Here Play AH Free

I am not uber and play whatever I like.

I had never used the Auction House when I *first* completed Inferno. I almost bankrupted myself with repair costs when I soloed Rakanoth but the feeling was one of immense achievement. I can solo all bosses with self-found items. Of course, my WD died many, many times.

My most godly possession then was a blue belt with 2.8% chance to freeze on hit which worked extremely well with Road of Toads. I don't use that belt any more (too crappy now) but I kept it in my stash for sentimental reasons. I can't bear to sell it either :))))) Nobody would want it anyway.

However, when the MP system was introduced, I had to use the Auction House for "upgrades" to play at higher MP levels. I don't have any farming gear on me. I use Blackthorne's Notched Belt occasionally for that extra gold find but hardly use it now as the damage was not sufficient. The only farming "gear" I have now are from the Paragon Levels.

My only godly finds (IMHO) were Witching Hour, Zunimassa's Trail and Zunimassa's Marrow. The rest, I had no use for (e.g. the Manticore on my Scoundrel) or were pretty crappy. I have had zero luck for Zuni Pox or Tal Rasha Allegiance. I had to bid for a cheapo Maximus for Eirena but it was worth it.

I play the GAH to get some extra "income". It is not much but it helps pay for my repair costs, gem crafting and some items which I want for my toons or my followers. Last minute bidding in the Auction House can be very exciting when you want the item so badly.

When I need help in ubers at higher MP levels, a clarion call for aid will bring in some uber players who will willingly clear out the bosses in no time. No need to second guess where some of their uber gear came from.

I have nothing against those who use the Auction House or those who don't. I admit I still have ambivalent feelings towards the Auction House. Damn if I use it, damn if I don't.

Like I said earlier, I play whatever I like.
Edited by Dragon#6895 on 2/2/2013 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
finding a drop worth keeping is pointless i still pick up almost every item that drops and i am still yet to find an item that i couldn't buy off the gold AH for a rather cheap price.
i make around 500k - 800k gold per run
if u look at my profile every item on my wizz and wd is off gold AH
ever item on barb monk and dh are things that have dropped from farming

i still haven't ever had an item drop worth more then 30mill on ah so i very rarely sell anything on AH
Reply Quote
I got to add something here. It is ok to say, to each his/her own, let people live life how they wish. I could debate this morally with people forever, but generally, so long as people aren't violent or breaking the law, this makes sense. However, in a game that has little depth, most of which is involved in farming for items, there is no choice, you either play the game and farm for items or you don't play the game and you buy items. You can go back and forth between playing and not playing but every time you buy something off the AH, it is the same as trading with a buddy in Diablo 2, it is a short cut. Don't pretend that this is part of *playing* the game, it is part of short-cutting parts of the game. It is that simple.

It isn't that anti-AH elitists like us are telling AH users how to play the game, it is that we're reminding them that they're not actually playing Diablo 3, they're playing the Auction House game. If you have fun playing the Auction House game, that's great. I've read that some finance/business people are interested in the Diablo 3 AH's economy and dynamics. If that's your thing, go ahead, have fun, but don't pretend that you're serious about finding gears or that you're playing Diablo 3. There are players who do both, but if you mostly just use the AH, don't pretend you're playing Diablo 3, just don't.

Be proud of your AH abilities or your credit card's abilities instead. Don't be so concerned with what other people think of you. Who cares if I think you're a serious enough Diablo 3 player? If you only use AH to get gear, you're not a serious player. That's ok. It's a game, hopefully, you're still having fun, that's what matters the most. Just realize that you are contributing to making the game a lot harder and less fun for the non-AH-using players like me. Heck, thank you for the added challenge! Maybe in 50 years, I'll find a well-rolled useful legendary or set item! And when I do, I will be ever so excited!
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 2/2/2013 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
'You shall not judge thy Nephalem neighbour'

It's a game... you play it as you want
Edited by Muu#2742 on 2/3/2013 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
I use the AH occasionally but other than that I farm for my own gear.
Reply Quote
Everything I own on all of my characters is self found and I made all of my gems. This game is so much more fun without the AH. Working on my new wizard now because I found a beast Skorn for her.

GLHF everyone.
Edited by bladezero25#1893 on 2/3/2013 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
We do that because that was Diablo 3 1.0 mentality where Act IV gear was needed to pass Act II
Reply Quote
It's all about whether you like the rate you are going in your game or you wish to get better gear to speed it up. AH is there as an option for your use provided you have the resources - gold or real money. Don't ask for AH to be taken away and take other players' option away.
Reply Quote
It isn't that anti-AH elitists like us are telling AH users how to play the game, it is that we're reminding them that they're not actually playing Diablo 3, they're playing the Auction House game. If you have fun playing the Auction House game, that's great. I've read that some finance/business people are interested in the Diablo 3 AH's economy and dynamics. If that's your thing, go ahead, have fun, but don't pretend that you're serious about finding gears or that you're playing Diablo 3. There are players who do both, but if you mostly just use the AH, don't pretend you're playing Diablo 3, just don't

Seriously bro? Your small group of purists think you are the only real diablo players out there? How about everyone that is still left playing the game are real diablo players! I have used the AH as little as possible but it is human nature to perform at the highest level. I don't necessarily agree with people that have 3k elite kills and have the best gear but hey thats their M.O. More than half the gear on my main char is in fact found and the rest is not. Does that make me any less of a player than you? No, it doesn't. Being that I have over 2X your kills I would say I have not shown a decrease in farming. I enjoy the grind and just because I occasionally use the AH does not affect my desire to farm.

The next thing you guys will complain about is a NON-AH dueling arena in 1.07 because you guys get mopped up by everyone else. Who effing cares. Play the game you want and don't push your elitist ideals on the community about who a is real player and who is not.

Have fun playing your game and I will do the same. Good luck with the grind. Oh and this response was in no way meant to be hostile, just a rebuttle to your argument.
Edited by CyLaNt#1337 on 2/3/2013 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Real Players™ don't play for fun.
Reply Quote
every arpg has some sort of an AH, be it in the game, or a third party website. stop being ignorant, this is how diablo 2 was.. . d2jsp was essentially an auction house, and blizzard knew this, so they figured they would make it more readily and easily available for public use, and actually put a worth to real "gold" In my opinion if youre not using the auction house, youre not using the game as intended.
Reply Quote
I play Hardcore AH Free. It honestly adds life to this game!
Reply Quote
Hardcore AH free is the best way to play the game. A challenge for sure. My personal favorite.
Reply Quote
@ Erie. Is your name where you are from?
Reply Quote
Me.I don't even remember when i last look at AH.I only bought 3 pieces of my IK set from AH.All of the other items i found myself.But i do join trade channel all the time,i sold too many sets and legends from trade channel.It's better than AH and it's not interfere your gaming because you can use it while playing.
Reply Quote
I play ah free
Reply Quote
I use AH , that's what it's there for. I have found some very good gear but didn't need all of it so I sell the item I don't need and take my profits and buy what I can use. I still feel the satisfaction as if I found it myself because I still had to find the gear or gold to be able to get it. I don't see a thing wrong with that, I am still progressing just the same.

I mean, why in the world would anyone want to just sit on all their profits and not use them for something they need ?

If your going to sell stuff on the AH you should buy as well IMO.You are helping the other sellers out and getting something you can use.This is a loot game and I enjoy collecting all I can get and benefiting by it.

I would rather upgrade my gear quicker and be able to kill at higher levels than sit on everything and get nowhere. My time is worth more than that to me. Just My Opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I do not and will not use RMAH. I don't see any need for that at all.
Edited by Haybaler#1911 on 2/3/2013 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
its like old ppl refuse to learn new technology
everybody's using it,u can ignore it but it's there
and u r feeling good about being old school

I am cool with that,
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I use the gold AH only (no RMAH) and I only use it for buying sub-10k upgrades when my gear is falling 10s of levels behind. I also use it to buy jeweler and blacksmith patterns. I will most likely just hoard gold until the expansion comes out, and if the game is better then I will have plenty of gold to buy some nice things.

I do not pick up greys or whites, I pick up blues and vendor them without looking at them (except jewelry which I check and then still usually vendor) I ID yellows and 90% of the time insta-vendor them, the other 10% is salvaging or stashing for alts.

Most of my time right now is leveling alts to 60, both on normal and hardcore difficulty. I spend a little time going for acheivements. When I have all my 60s i'll spend more time on achievements and farming inferno for gold.

I usually play solo. Sometimes I play with friends.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]