Diablo® III

Does Anybody Here Play AH Free

people rely so heavily on AH is because Blizz made them
IMO blizz want to have the RMAH to make money in the first place, so they don't have a reason to NOT make a gold AH as well, so there are AHs
as there are AHs, Blizz has to make drops horrible to force ppl to use AHs
even if you don't want to rely on AHs, this is a multiplayer game after all, once you play with others, there are comparisons, your gears from drops just won't scale to even the cheapest items on AH, and you will fare much worse than others who use AH, so then you either decide to play by yourself or play with others, if you play with others, it turns you into one of them essentially
Reply Quote
i mean, AH is for of essential part of the game, what do i do with a 10m item that is no use to me? i wont be salavging it.... i wont be vendoring it, i wont be using it for an alt that i dont have, the money i sell it for could be used to buy an upgrade on the AH.

yes, it is unfourtunate that upgrades come from the AH and not a boss, as i'd i would like them to, but nothing is perfect..
Reply Quote
AH Free
Actually i think i am the first self-found player to reach p100. (over a month ago)

Runner
Fast as i can, yet i do full act3 runs.

Treasure Goblin Player
Only pick gold if its on my way. Also only pick up rare ilvl63 items and legendaries (except rings and amulets). If i get full before the run i drop some rares to gain space.

i used to play it slow and clear everything. But after a certain amount of time it's only about farming efficiently.
Reply Quote
When the game first came out good items on the AH were out of my price range so I was forced to be AH free, but I got used to it really quick. Not 100% free cause I do use it on occasion to sell items, but overall I like the feeling I get whenever an item drops and it's an upgrade.
Reply Quote
I play for fun and i use the ah from time to time. I do a act 3 run in about two hours. I clear everything and i look for good items so that means i dont pick up any blues. If i find anything that good but i cant use i ask my friends first if they want it, if they dont i put it on the ah for a good price. Then i just break everything else down for the new patch that is coming up.
Reply Quote
r u serious OP?
Reply Quote
I play like this:
AH Free
Clearer
It seems like everyone plays like this:
AH Addiction
Runner
Treasure Goblin Player

I really wanted to finish Inferno 100% self-found, but couldn't get past Belial. I finally broke down and geared up from the GAH, and was able to clear the thing. My skill level did not change; my skill selections did not change; my play style did not change. All that changed was that I gave up waiting for D3 to drop the gear in-game that I needed to finish the game.

AH is not an "addiction" in D3; the game is designed to make it a necessity, more or less, and it will remain so until Blizzard addresses drop rates.

"Treasure Goblin" play is a function of the relative worthlessness of most of the gear that does drop. The amount of time needed to clean up greys & whites is far in excess of their worth; it's faster to just play again, than to make all of those trips to town to vendor the crap.

I still pick up all of the blues and rares that I see, mainly because that's all that I see apart from greys & whites, and it's too depressing to play D3 and come out having found nothing.
Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 2/4/2013 1:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:11 PMPosted by LordArion
Maybe it is. Aren't games supposed to be for entertainment though and work supposed to be the business part of life. Why are the two suddenly merging in game design?

RMAH.
Reply Quote
I don't have a problem with the AH. I have used it for some things but i also farm. I also really enjoy seeing toons with sub 5 figure elite kills that have insane gear.....
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:22 AMPosted by LordArion
everyone just treat the game like a business

90% of player base
and explain why there are so many people mad here
no one like to work

^_^

gladly i play for fun =D
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This thread does a really good job of articulating the difference between two popular approaches to playing Diablo III. Some players want to find their own gear and some players just want to streamline their way to maximum efficiency. There are a lot of players in-between as well. Each are completely valid play styles that happen to provide different benefits to different people. (Personally, I like to keep my Auction House use to a minimum in general, but I am willing to spend some gold if one of my items really needs adjustment.)

We know that players would like to have more options when it comes to self-found gear, and we've already begun implementing changes (as seen with the new crafted items and Marquise gem tier in 1.0.7) to help make that more of a reality. Ensuring that players have reasonable routes towards their in-game goals, be it efficiency or just playing at your pace with your own gear, is definitely a goal for the design team and one of things we're working to improve on.

For those of you who enjoy or prefer growing your characters without the assistance of the Auction House, how do you feel about crafted items? In your opinion, does crafting with your own materials count as a "self-found item," or do you think that's something that really only applies to item drops?
Reply Quote
I would consider crafting as self-found. The main point to support this is:

I found the needed crafting materials.
I found the crafting plans.
Most importantly, I found the blacksmith.

So, since all three is self found, hence anything created from it, can be considered as reaping the fruits of self found.

(But the fruit usually is sour with PH value of 1).
Reply Quote
Crafting with your own materials counts as a self found item.
Reply Quote
So where is the patch 1.0.7? or at least the Q&A?
There is no update for more than 5 days I think. :(
So hungry. :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This thread does a really good job of articulating the difference between two popular approaches to playing Diablo III. Some players want to find their own gear and some players just want to streamline their way to maximum efficiency. There are a lot of players in-between as well. Each are completely valid play styles that happen to provide different benefits to different people. (Personally, I like to keep my Auction House use to a minimum in general, but I am willing to spend some gold if one of my items really needs adjustment.)

We know that players would like to have more options when it comes to self-found gear, and we've already begun implementing changes (as seen with the new crafted items and Marquise gem tier in 1.0.7) to help make that more of a reality. Ensuring that players have reasonable routes towards their in-game goals, be it efficiency or just playing at your pace with your own gear, is definitely a goal for the design team and one of things we're working to improve on.

For those of you who enjoy or prefer growing your characters without the assistance of the Auction House, how do you feel about crafted items? In your opinion, does crafting with your own materials count as a "self-found item," or do you think that's something that really only applies to item drops?

Can you kindly tell me why I haven't gotten anything worth more than 1 million, in the last 2.9 months? All I want to do is get gear to drop for me, because it is fun. But that is not happening. Can you allow me to have enjoyment? Make ALL the items BIND ON ACCOUNT, just for me. I want godly stuff to drop, I don't want to make real money off this game. Getting amazing loot is fun. Getting 100% garbage for 2.9 months is not fun and it is not enjoyable.

My profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Banksownus-1123/hero/70245

Don't say 227k damage is impossible to upgrade any further. I haven't gotten anything (as drops) for my other 2 characters, and their damage is only 100-115k (I use some barb items on them).
Reply Quote

Thank you for that. Although I walk easily between AH & Found items myself. I would consider crafted to be "found"... I really enjoy the idea of crafting (I have collected all the recipes) I still find AH gear better at endgame and I would prefer to self-craft at endgame (even over drops to be honest)

There has always been some special feeling for me to be wearing gear on my character I've crafted ingame myself, so far I have found crafting usefull while levelling, or pulling in a little extra gold on the AH now and then, but again, would love to see some crafted lvl 60 gear on par with drops.

I'm looking forward to the new patch. :)
Edited by Antiquarian#1163 on 2/5/2013 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

It's nice to provide the option for more self found items... But account bound items is the wrong approach in this regard. It will cause most players to not want to sink gold into these items because the chance of rolling a good item, despite a guaranteed stat roll, is minimal.

To have no chance to recoup costs, the negatives outweigh the positives a great deal - that 20 million I would have to spend to get a good item crafting can be spent on the AH for a serviceable item at least.

The BoA approach, screams that blizzard doesn't know what to do and they're focusing too much on the economy instead of the game. If the game was working properly, the economy of said game, would fall in line.

Bring people back, don't drive them away.
Reply Quote
This games needs a separate realm where there are no auction houses and the drop rates are 5x more or something. I would definitely play that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]