Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

02/06/2013 06:28 PMPosted by LocoMagic
They've already nerfed them once

Lol the Jay Wilson "I love my barb NO TOUCHIE" nerf. I heard the new director won't play a barb. Nervous?
At higher mp levels, I primarily use my barb to farm keys and ubers because it's just easier. His survivability is better than the other classes mainly because of lifesteal.

Lifesteal scales very well as you get upgrades and increase your sheet DPS. This explains why when mp levels were first introduced, the easiest character to play at the higher mp's was my barb. My other characters just got one-shotted. BTW i've only recently regeared my CM wiz to meet the breakpoints. Almost all the ubers I have done since they were introduced have been on my barb.
02/06/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Sephiroth
They've already nerfed them once

Lol the Jay Wilson "I love my barb NO TOUCHIE" nerf. I heard the new director won't play a barb. Nervous?

Two words for ya:

Reflect Damage :)
Just because Barbs have great passives, can roll HIGHEST ALL RESIST OUT OF 3 SET PIECES AND UP TO 200 STRENGTH on their items, does not mean they are OP.
02/06/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Osterus
Just because Barbs have great passives, can roll HIGHEST ALL RESIST OUT OF 3 SET PIECES AND UP TO 200 STRENGTH on their items, does not mean they are OP.

Actually, isn't it the monk who can get highest all resist stacking all resist and another elemental resist with OWE? ;)
02/06/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Forelle

Actually, isn't it the monk who can get highest all resist stacking all resist and another elemental resist with OWE? ;)

At the expense of a ton of damage and life.
I feel like i'm surrounded by people who just complain to complain.

Between bouncing back and fourth from my DH and Barb, I think DH is a much better class. (not familiar with monk or wiz so wont touch on those)

But, the barb yes, gear may be cheaper in some respects, but there's also a lot more players that are playing barbs. Therefore, when supply exceeds demand basic economics tells us that price generally falls.

The DH, is much more enjoyable to play, effortlessly does more damage, and has a lot more abilities that allow it to kite. This idea that barbs are "op or imba" is misguided, given the play style that is associated with it. Certainly, if the DH couldn't kite as easily, and wasn't such a dps cannon then maybe I could see some validity to what a few of you claim.

There was a gentleman stating that he had to Kite his DH at higher MP levels, but isn't that the point of the class? Common sense fail.

As a starcraft player, I see barbs as the, "A move race" as they're the most friendly thing to roll to new players because of the survivability.

If you're complaining that you play a ranged class and that you have to kite, I suggest you go to LearnToMicro/YouShouldProbablyPlayADifferentClass.com

Play the strengths to your class. Example, Pvp, I'm not going to let a barb come close to me, they won't touch me half the time. Vise Versa, I'm going to stun a DH as much as possible before it 1-2Shots me with a phaaaaaty crit.

This is worse than the guy in the starcraft forums that said that Ghosts needed stim. Or the zerg players that cried when fungal got -1 range.

Common sense fail thread.
this again? barbs are suppose to survive higher mp, since they are suppose to tank in parties. its just so happens that blizzard didn't design this game to be played in groups there is no incentive playing in a party. so we ended up playing solo. if we are playing in a party then other classes would not have to die if partied with a tank/Barb in higher mp.

RPG 101

Tank, dps and support are the elements of a multiplayer rpg, take away tank then what happens? then no average player will be able to farm MP6-10 even in a group. so you and your friends are stuck in mp5 to farm demonic essence or keys like forever.
i also took all classes to 60

i believe barbs are most fun to farm with because they kill quickly (highest mobility due to sprint), have less competition on items (strength only benefits them), and are pretty mindless to play

that said, i really enjoyed playing my WD to 90. i just needed a break, so i switched to a budget barb for a bit :)
02/06/2013 08:27 PMPosted by HTOLogic
Certainly, if the DH couldn't kite as easily, and wasn't such a dps cannon then maybe I could see some validity to what a few of you claim.

I have no problem with kiting. I kind of like it, and DH is my main class. But my point is that it costs so much to have a lot of dps with a DH compared to a barb. DH have steady aim, which gives 20%. Battle rage can give 30% for the barb. Weapon master and Archery are pretty much the same. The barb can have bonus of 5% crit chance and 50% crit, plus the 24% of bash, plus WotB. Just with this, it gives way more dps than a DH can have.

Because of all that, I don't think DH are such dps cannon. Yes, you can have marked for death, and cull the weak, but it's not always optimal and easy to keep up marked, or to slow enemies constantly, plus keeping at least 10 yards for steady aim to work. It's more difficult to kite in higher MPs because mobs take longer to die. It's possible to do so, but it would cost so much. With my 50mil DH or something like that, I have the minimum resists and can work between 115 and 150k dps depending on the gear, with steady aim and without cull the weak and marked for death (with my SOJ, which seems to lower my dps, but actually increases it against elites).

But with a barb, you can achieve all that for just 10mil it seems. That's the gap that got me wondering.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/6/2013 9:11 PM PST
02/06/2013 09:14 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Stop complaining...

Not complaining. Simply having a discussion with the community, which some of you guys don't seem to understand. But yes, gloom is a must.
Tired of these threads, If you take away the life leech and defense of a barb then he's nothing. The problem is not the Barb, the real problem is the crappy budget gear you guys have available for your classes, complain about that and less about the Barb.

DH Ownage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgdFdsUTAEU

WD Ownage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9b7RLzL6g

Wizard Ownage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdCCjd03KY

Monk Ownage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=G1_TEi6DBAs
Let nerf everyone powerful in the game and we can quit forever.

Barb - Rend
DH - gloom
Monk - OWE
Wiz - CM
WD - Haunt (OP for PvP?)
02/06/2013 09:56 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Not complaining. Simply having a discussion with the community, which some of you guys don't seem to understand. But yes, gloom is a must.

Well if you are not complaining than the comment wasn't intended for you... It was intended for those who are complaining. Not sure why you would get defensive if you weren't complaining to begin with. Just seems like a odd to do.

Because he's the OP.

Tired of these threads, If you take away the life leech and defense of a barb then he's nothing. The problem is not the Barb, the real problem is the crappy budget gear you guys have available for your classes, complain about that and less about the Barb.

Nobody is asking for a nerf of anything. We're only sharing experience and majority of the poster in this thread plays multiple classes, inclusive of Barb. Why would we want to take away things from our classes? In fact, we're asking for addition to our other classes.
02/04/2013 10:02 PMPosted by bearr
As for my barb, I didn't put much gold on it, not more than 10mil for sure. And I can farm MP8 easily with a rend build. I tried MP10, just to see, and I killed the first pack I saw without dying.
Are you serious? A cm wizard can do the exact same thing. Mp10 isn't efficient for you, nor I, and I have over double your dps. Honestly I don't like barbs atm. WW build is the most efficient farming build (xp wise) by a LONG shot. Quite frankly I hate not being able to use any other build and get t half the xp per hour.

I too have every class at 60 and I enjoyed playing my DH just as much or more than my barb because there are different skills you can use that don't destroy your farming rates (ex. multishot=ball lightning).

Wizards are in the same boat as barbs from what I have seen since archon seems to be the best xp farming build by a long shot.

Monks can use a tempest rush build or their WW build (w/e its called lol).

WD can pretty much use anything too for low mp farming. I tend to use a massive aoe rune on fire bombs and is great fun.

Every class has its pros and cons just play what you like and have fun.

A barb since 5/15/12
Certainly, if the DH couldn't kite as easily, and wasn't such a dps cannon then maybe I could see some validity to what a few of you claim.

I have no problem with kiting. I kind of like it, and DH is my main class. But my point is that it costs so much to have a lot of dps with a DH compared to a barb. DH have steady aim, which gives 20%. Battle rage can give 30% for the barb. Weapon master and Archery are pretty much the same. The barb can have bonus of 5% crit chance and 50% crit, plus the 24% of bash, plus WotB. Just with this, it gives way more dps than a DH can have.

Because of all that, I don't think DH are such dps cannon. Yes, you can have marked for death, and cull the weak, but it's not always optimal and easy to keep up marked, or to slow enemies constantly, plus keeping at least 10 yards for steady aim to work. It's more difficult to kite in higher MPs because mobs take longer to die. It's possible to do so, but it would cost so much. With my 50mil DH or something like that, I have the minimum resists and can work between 115 and 150k dps depending on the gear, with steady aim and without cull the weak and marked for death (with my SOJ, which seems to lower my dps, but actually increases it against elites).

But with a barb, you can achieve all that for just 10mil it seems. That's the gap that got me wondering.

I know you can farm MP8 with that gear, because I can too with 80K DPS and 45K health, not easily, but just need to play smart. But let's be frank here, your gear is NOT <$10M. Barbs are easy to gear not because their gears are cheap, but because they can equip most gears available. With +30K elite kills, I can't imagine you are completely mistreated by RNG and never got any decent stuff to put on a Barb. Even I can dress my WZ pretty with about half your kill.

Barb is tank class. Sure, you can buff to 190K DPS with skills et al. Going north of 250K DPS is extremely expensive just like other classes. Classes with the highest DPS are WZ and DH. I see +200K DPS WZ and DH everywhere, even at low plvl, and I am still struggling below 200K DPS with plvl51. Come on now, you know what you are getting into when you chose your character. Tank, DPS, and those rare few that have the godly gears to have the best of both worlds, with any class.

Blizz tried to build the class strengths based on the party concept, but failed miserably when they could not make a party game fun, nor could they deliver a public MP system (yet). Party bonuses are limited. Like, why can't team players get fire chains and burn those dogs back to hell?

Barbs are not OP, we just survive better, because we have no homeland.
Edited by GChiu#1830 on 2/6/2013 10:51 PM PST
Several people have pointed out that survivability is one of the core traits of the class... Barbs and monks get a 30% defensive bonus for this reason.

By the same logic, ranged should do more damage, correct? Who has the fastest azmodan kill times? Far and away the barb... other classes don't even come close. If barbs are naturally very tanky, shouldn't DH/wizard be able to out-gun them?
Several people have pointed out that survivability is one of the core traits of the class... Barbs and monks get a 30% defensive bonus for this reason.

By the same logic, ranged should do more damage, correct? Who has the fastest azmodan kill times? Far and away the barb... other classes don't even come close. If barbs are naturally very tanky, shouldn't DH/wizard be able to out-gun them?

Actually no, it's because on average, ranged gets hit far less than melee. It has nothing to do with damage output.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]