Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

once again... barbs are not OP, all the other classes suck balls.
Blizzard has no intentions to do class balancing around PVE.

Blue quote?

ImmortalKing is either trolling or delusional. If anything the blue posts say D3 is a pve game and won't be balanced around pvp. Like in this blue post (post #10 in the page):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593622316

"Dueling isn't intended to be balanced,..."
Edited by ZingyDNA#1802 on 2/8/2013 12:49 PM PST
02/08/2013 12:37 PMPosted by squeezebag
once again... barbs are not OP, all the other classes suck balls.

Exactly. So this thread is about buffing other classes. Most ppl talking about nerfing are paranoid barbs. They're buffing damage of monk and wiz skills in the upcoming 1.07, which is a step in the right direction. Since they can't figure out a way for the other classes to have the defense and life/resource regen close to barbs, they might as well buff their damage.
02/07/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Alesso
Jay Wilson played a barb.

Enough of BARB OP crap...
You have the best Hellfire Ring I have seen so far.
First off, barbs aren't OP, but I think that I understand why some think they are. The lowest end of the barb set (immortal kings) can be purchased for about 7m, and even with the worst rollable stats on the gear, you'll have life steal, life regen, 14+ crit chance, 270+ resist all, movement speed, and decent main/vita stats. This is not the gear that the high end players use, but it is an adequate starting point for building a viable barb that can play in inferno. You won't farm quickly, and you won't be able to use the ww/tornado build with this gear alone, but the gear itself can correct a lot of the mistakes that a first time inferno play would normally waste their gold on.

Most of the other sets can roll garbage rolls that make the item completely useless. For someone that doesn't yet know how to build an inferno capable char, this means that there is a much higher chance of them wasting gold on a worthless item. This is likely a large part of why so many low paragon players think that their char class is underpowered, or that barbs are OP. When two players gear up, and one is a barb, yet neither one really knows what they are doing, the barb will win.

I think that those players that have this feeling that their char types are trash, should do some research on the internet on how to gear, and how to play a viable build that can work for their chars. You don't need to own in MP10, or to solo ubers to have fun with this game, and it shouldn't be a e-peen dps battle. Play your own game, and enjoy the chars that you've made. If you are playing a viable build and still don't enjoy it, then try another char.

In my opinion, no one should be looking to nerf anyone else. What pleasure does it bring you to see someone else's build get broken, because you lobbied Blizz to nerf their build? If you think that your char class is underpowered, and you have built it reasonably well, then try to give Blizz ideas on how they could improve your char rather than drop everyone else's chars to your level. Blizz is making changes in 1.0.7 to the monk class to buff them, and they are making account bound plans to allow you to roll ammies, shoulders, gloves, armor, and bracers at the highest level possible throught the blacksmith. While not everyone is going to want to use this, you have another option rather than just buying gear from the AH.

In summary, stop with the hate, and be constructive. If you think one char is better than another, then there is nothing stopping you from building one of those chars, or requesting Blizz buff your char, or set pieces/legendaries for your class. Don't get jealous, just enjoy the game.
Barbs are not op, stop crying and whining.

Go play hardcore where there is no such thing as OP.

You live or you die, stop flipping pixels and playing RMAH 3 on softcore.

Sheesh people, time to get back to the real game PoE until d3 shows some improvement.
Posted by coolviI spent probably about 50m each on four of the five I have and they can all do MP7/MP8 with decent results...Sure the barb being the cheapest at half of that and can do MP8/MP9 with ease and playing style is drastically different with barbs. I mean I kite champions so that I can kill three or four packs at once (the more mobs the better). No other classes can pull off something like that; I do need to pay quite some additional attention with all other classes. Other classes are not as strong or efficient when it comes to PvM, but they do have their own traits that make them unique and fun. I enjoy playing all classes in Diablo 3 which I had never thought of happening.Thanks for your post by the way! We have pretty similar DH, and I was wondering what I do wrong, cause I have about 100K dps without Steady aim, 52K life, 4000 armor, 200-400 resists, and 60 discipline points. Maybe I need more all resist? Or is your play style and skills that makes the difference? From what I see, I could never farm MP7 with my DH.And if I sacrifice 20k life and 20 discipline, I have about 150K dps with steady aim.

Somehow missed this. I don't frequent the forums as often lol...Here's some of my understanding of the DH:

Steadyshot is purely a group skill where we have other players to keep the mobs busy and away from the DH. It really hurts the actual DPS output if we constantly try to move away from packs of mobs. In other words, if we are able to squeeze in one more shot during that 1/2 second of getting away, we're probably already gaining much more than the 20% the passive offers.

My typical DH battle routine:

1) Sentry: Guardian Turret (15% DR);
2) Caltrops: Bait the Trap (+10% CC);
3) Alternate between Bola Shot: Bitter Pill (15% descipline restore) and Multishot (for LS and Nightstalker): Fire at Will based on hatred/descipline situation.
4) When I start to lose health, activate Shadow Power (15% LS): Gloom (35% DR) at which point the Caltrop is sprung so this is when I have 15%+35%+20% (if I equip Numbing Traps) for a total of 70% DR while leeching at 18% (15% SP and weapon).

If necessary:
5) If I can't withstand the damage, Vault to an empty area, repeat 1-4.

I'm a lazy player. ;-) However, this way I have no trouble with just 30 descipline. DH is probably the most fun class to play (half of my leveling process I also played without a bow, a lot like the assasin in D2) or I might've had more fun with my WD (main) and I'm saying this because I'm getting bored of the class. lol

As for my barb, I didn't put much gold on it, not more than 10mil for sure. And I can farm MP8 easily with a rend build. I tried MP10, just to see, and I killed the first pack I saw without dying. So, IMO, barbs are much more powerful than other classes, because they have huge buffs of DPS and defense, and it cost so little gold to gear. For less than 10mil, I can have a DPS of 190K with in game buffs, and still have lots of armor and resists, and a good amount of life.

I know my barb isn't that great, but I can still farm MP8 without dying.

You're waiting for wotb insanity to be off cool down to kill elites. You got 190k buffed dps with wotb insanity, good for you. You have no idea how to play a barb, please gtfo.

No lol, 190K without WOTB. It's about 400K with WTOB I think.

The 190K comes from Bash, the passives (Ruthless, Weapons master and brawler), plus Battle rage with marauder's rage, and overpower with killing spree.

I play a monk and a wizard. I started with a DH but ended up retiring it after putting in more than 150m into it and realizing the class itself is flawed in a few ways. My friend plays a barbarian. Here's what I've noticed through us playing and sometime cross-playing when we hang out:

1) Budget barbs are significantly easier to gear than other classes. There's multiple reasons as to why (at least 4 come to my head but I can probably come up with 5-6). I believe OP's barb budget because I helped gear my friend's barb and it is quite effective for being about 20 mil.

2) Barbs have extremely and surprisingly high multipliers for real DPS. Some people pretend that paper DPS is king but anyone who knows anything intricate about this game knows that is a common and often-times hilarious fallacy. My wiz (SNS, at that!) has about 7x multiplier. My friend's barb: at least 8.5x in HOTA, roughly 6-7x in WW.

3) Barbs' resource generation and life generation has a higher hard-cap than other classes. Barb has more natural LS, comparable regeneration passives, and higher regeneration synergy. Barbs' skills synergize for regeneration while other classes synergize with gear, leading back to the problem outlined in point 1.

4) Barbs' damage output is not soft-capped like other classes. TR monks and WDs, ya kno'...

OP does a great job communicating his perspective on the situation, and I have to agree with almost everything he said and how he said it (especially his polite responses to some people in this thread who can't pass 10th grade reading comprehension)

Also the fallacies that some people exhibit...lol...

Thanks, one of the nicest reply I've read!
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 8:55 AM PST
ok Bearr, i'll take back the "i say bull", i've killed all the act bosses an Diablo and except for the RD minions i can farm mp8 too.
tried the software i linked to, the vid card doesn't like it and being in windowed mode at all, too laggy for smooth play.
Barbs have one huge advantage and it is that with bersker you are inmune to freeze and all type of control effects. In high MPs lets say 6 or above its a huge difference maker....
other than that I can see no advantage at all...

A lot of people complaints here saying that equipping a barb is cheaper in comparisson with the other classes. Thats absolutely false.I mean yes you can equip a barb with crappy gear and 10M and survive in MP5 but it doesnt mean at all that its a well rounded char it just mens that you can play that MP without dying too much......
02/09/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Kvothe
A lot of people complaints here saying that equipping a barb is cheaper in comparisson with the other classes. Thats absolutely false.I mean yes you can equip a barb with crappy gear and 10M and survive in MP5 but it doesnt mean at all that its a well rounded char it just mens that you can play that MP without dying too much......

Yep, totally agree with you, except that I would say it is possible in higher MPs too.>

ok Bearr, i'll take back the "i say bull", i've killed all the act bosses an Diablo and except for the RD minions i can farm at mp8 too.
tried the software i linked to, the vid card doesn't like it and being in windowed mode at all, too laggy for smooth play.

Glad to hear! I haven't tried killing bosses with my barb, cause I usually don't when farming keys, and I don't farm efficiently at MP8. I filmed myself with Rylstim screen recorder killing the first pack I found. It works okay, the quality kind of sucks.

I like when people think and confront their own ideas, and can revise them if not matching their original ideas. Thanks for your comments!

Cool barb by the way.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 10:38 AM PST
My typical DH battle routine:

1) Sentry: Guardian Turret (15% DR);
2) Caltrops: Bait the Trap (+10% CC);
3) Alternate between Bola Shot: Bitter Pill (15% descipline restore) and Multishot (for LS and Nightstalker): Fire at Will based on hatred/descipline situation.
4) When I start to lose health, activate Shadow Power (15% LS): Gloom (35% DR) at which point the Caltrop is sprung so this is when I have 15%+35%+20% (if I equip Numbing Traps) for a total of 70% DR while leeching at 18% (15% SP and weapon).

Yeah, I have a similar build now. I lay down a caltrop, with the 80% Mov speed reduction. I lay on top of it a marked for death, and I spam three echoing blast charges. Then I use bola shots - thunder ball for stuns. Everything dies fast. As I have a lot of disc, I replace Nightstalker with Cull the weak, as mobs are slowed down. With shadow power and preparation, this build works great on higher MPs.

But I admit your idea of using numbing traps is interesting, I might try it. Cool DH you have.

And for everyone, feel free to add me in game if you guys want. I'm always looking for people to play with.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 11:15 AM PST
QQ barbs QQ
thats what i see here... How about if you think barb's are op Go and Roll one. Doesn't take long to level. They need to leave barb's alone.
What about:
QQ Demon hunter 15% LS
OR
QQ Monk [One with everything] - Or How about the massive buff they just got?
OR
QQ Wizard CM Build = PermaFreeze

Barb's have prolly recieved the most nerf's next to Wizard's
Edited by DoMiNaTioN#1296 on 2/9/2013 11:19 AM PST
QQ barbs QQ
thats what i hear here... How about if you think barb's are op Go and Roll one. Doesn't take long to level. They need to leave barb's alone.
What about:
QQ Demon hunter 15% LS
OR
OR

Well, it's not black or white, like if you think a class is OP, don't talk about it and roll one. This is a forum. It's made for discussion. We can talk about something we find inbalanced and still bring some nuances to it. These posts kind of have the opposite effect.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 11:22 AM PST
I never said dont talk about it but let's be fair here and not forget the other OP Builds and class's. And not to just point out one..

a CM wizard can solo mp 10 with 50k dps it might take a long time but they can do it.
I dont see any barb's doing that.
Edited by DoMiNaTioN#1296 on 2/9/2013 11:23 AM PST
02/09/2013 11:22 AMPosted by DoMiNaTioN
I never said dont talk about it but let's be fair here and not forget the other OP Builds and class's. And not to just point out one..

Cool, I wasn't sure. But I agree with what you said. Every class has something powerful about it.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 11:24 AM PST

Yep every class has that one really good skill that other classes wish they had.

But you have to wonder, if Blizz proposed to remove WotB; trive on chaos, and replace it with ANY other existing skills from other classes, is there anything out there that would not be seen by the community as a nerf? I struggle to think of anything that would be a 'fair' trade.
monks serenity skill for 4sec of immunity? yea.. i think i'd still take wotb thrive.
QQ barbs QQ
thats what i see here... How about if you think barb's are op Go and Roll one. Doesn't take long to level. They need to leave barb's alone.
What about:
QQ Demon hunter 15% LS
OR
OR

Yeah so all the huge buffs to barb skills in 1.05 never happened..... Monk DPS in the next patch is actually going DOWN because of changes to snapshotting on sweeing wind. Also the barb set actually has AR on pretty much every piece where inna's set doesn't have AR on any of the pieces. The monk buffs make other builds viable (some of these builds may be better overall) but the DPS is not as high.

DHs and Wizards (especially wizards, GG on those coefficients) have both been nerfed 10X more than barbs. DHs had some very huge nerfs to smokescreen and elemental arrow that make the small barb nerfs look like nothing.
QQ barbs QQ
What about:
QQ Demon hunter 15% LS
OR
OR

Yeah so all the huge buffs to barb skills in 1.05 never happened..... Monk DPS in the next patch is actually going DOWN because of changes to snapshotting on sweeing wind. Also the barb set actually has AR on pretty much every piece where inna's set doesn't have AR on any of the pieces. The monk buffs make other builds viable (some of these builds may be better overall) but the DPS is not as high.

DHs and Wizards (especially wizards, GG on those coefficients) have both been nerfed 10X more than barbs. DHs had some very huge nerfs to smokescreen and elemental arrow that make the small barb nerfs look like nothing.

Let's be fair. Nether tentacles where bugged (hit many times one target, which was not designed that way. And smokescreen really was OP. Snapshotting on SW was also bugged. As for the sets, I heard there might be some changes on that (don't know if that is true).

WotB is not OP in my opinion (except on Pvp of course), as it's only for 15 seconds with insanity. And to keep up WotB indefinetely, it takes a lot of concentration and great gear, so it's okay IMO.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 1:21 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]