Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

[quote]
Other classes are not as strong or efficient when it comes to PvM,/quote]
You waste your time on mp8/9 and then talk of efficiency?
Monk tempest rush and Demonhunter are the fastest paragon levelers, not Barb.
Barb is just OP and cheap to gear, thats all.

Fastest paragon levelers you say?! Isn't it the first character to reach paragon level 100 was ding! ding! ding! ding! our survey says BARB - Alkaizer.

Except things have changed. There wasn't MP0 back then and gears were worse. Nowadays every class melts MP0 A3 and barbs ain't the fastest.
barbs get 1 armor for every str. that is a WAY better defensive benefit than those of int and dex chars.
This is ridiculous. You people sound like kids calling for nerfs in PvM.

I think it's been long established that every class needs to be buffed! Take that WoW nerfing mentality and gtfo with your QQ's

I'd like to point that the only ones that talked about nerfs so far are people like you. I never said barbs needed nerf, I just said they were really powerful and cheap to gear.

"They really just need to nerf WotB so barbs..." 3rd post from OP. Crying for a nerf, I don't need to look any further in this thread to invalidate your claim. Any class is cheap to gear if you do it right. My Barb and DH both cost under ~8m a piece to gear and can handle the same difficulty. I farm at a higher MP with my barb because it's more fun but the DH is still more efficient.

In PvE even mentioning the topic of this thread is ridiculous. Who cares? If you think they are the cheapest to gear then why don't you make one your farming character? Just like everyone did with Hammerdin's in D2. It's a PvE game, get over it.
View profile
I have to agree - at least from the perspective of a DH vs. a Barb... those are my two level 60 characters.

With my DH, I'm sitting around 220k damage... and I can do up to MP5 with her... just not efficiently.

I can do up to MP3 fairly efficiently on my DH, but MP4 & 5 slow down a bunch.

On my barb I can farm MP5 efficiently and fast. I could probably easily do higher MP levels, but not as efficient or fast.

I highly doubt I could do MP7 or higher on my DH without dying too much and it taking too long.

I definitely do NOT want barbs to be nerfed... but it sure would be nice for my DH to be able to do what I can do with my barb.

"They really just need to nerf WotB so barbs..." 3rd post from OP. Crying for a nerf, I don't need to look any further in this thread to invalidate your claim.

That came from someone else, not the OP. The OP never said to nerf barbs. But I really doubt the claim that he can kill elites under 2 min w/o ever dying on MP8...
Barbs are definitely far more powerful than the other classes and much easier to gear up.

Using rend/blood lust and battle rage/marauder makes a barb insanely strong with 2 skills. Not to mention if they gear up for perma-wotb.
TAKING HITS
No other heroes can shrug off enemy attacks the way that barbarians do. Their massive strength allows them to equip heavy shields, and their flesh deflects oncoming blades and teeth like metal armor.

Blizzard says it best, bro.
I have to agree - at least from the perspective of a DH vs. a Barb... those are my two level 60 characters.

With my DH, I'm sitting around 220k damage... and I can do up to MP5 with her... just not efficiently.

I can do up to MP3 fairly efficiently on my DH, but MP4 & 5 slow down a bunch.

On my barb I can farm MP5 efficiently and fast. I could probably easily do higher MP levels, but not as efficient or fast.

I highly doubt I could do MP7 or higher on my DH without dying too much and it taking too long.

I definitely do NOT want barbs to be nerfed... but it sure would be nice for my DH to be able to do what I can do with my barb.

Thanks for the reply. Happy to see someone agree!
Known facts:

Cheapest class to gear for para lvls: Wizard archon build
Fastest class to farm para lvls: Monk Tempest rush build

Now that we have the basics down to say a class can "farm" we're talking about 8-10 mins runs meaning everything in your path has to die instantly, elites dying in no more than 3 seconds.

If you can do a full alk(example) run in 8-10mins in MP8 then thats called farming if not then its shloudn't be called that, its like people saying i got "scammed" when they got "ripped off". One last thing, why would ever a hit-and-run class like DH needs to have the same resistance as a monk/barb?. These two are melee classes for god sake.

While I agree with the facts about the archon and TR build, I have to say barbs have more "flexibility", ie they may lose 10-20% farming efficiency in MP0, but they can go to MP8 to farm keys or just for a break from those speed runs. You can't say the same for other classes unless you have a budget in hundreds of mil...
02/05/2013 10:43 AMPosted by ZingyDNA
While I agree with the facts about the archon and TR build, I have to say barbs have more "flexibility", ie they may lose 10-20% farming efficiency in MP0, but they can go to MP8 to farm keys or just for a break from those speed runs. You can't say the same for other classes unless you have a budget in hundreds of mil...

Yep, I agree.
02/04/2013 10:02 PMPosted by bearr
For less than 10mil, I can have a DPS of 190K with in game buffs, and still have lots of armor and resists, and a good amount of life.

This is extremely questionable.

1) Did you get a lot of great deals on your gear?
2) Were you lucky on self-found drops?
3) What exactly do you mean by farming MP8 without dying? Does it take you 5 minutes to kill an elite pack?

I simply ask because I also play all 5 classes. My Barbarian gear is easily 10 times more costly than yours and while I can farm MP8, I can't do so without dying and I can't farm it quickly.
Nor do I get to your 180k DPS even when I used a better Scorn. (I don't use WotB though so that could account for the DPS drop after buffs).

I seriously doubt your 'under 10 million' geared barb that can farm MP8 is repeatable.
If so, you should sell that 'service' of acquiring the gear because people would pay a premium for it.

On topic: I agree that barbarian's can often perform better with the same amount of gold investment than other classes. I don't feel as though the gap is so great that I'd consider them OP though.
You aren't using blood lust babinro... seriously op skill which lets you get rid of some protection for more dps. For instance your rings and amulet are weak and not letting you get the full potential damage out of those extremely expensive swords you are using.
This is extremely questionable.

1) Did you get a lot of great deals on your gear?
2) Were you lucky on self-found drops?
3) What exactly do you mean by farming MP8 without dying? Does it take you 5 minutes to kill an elite pack?

I simply ask because I also play all 5 classes. My Barbarian gear is easily 10 times more costly than yours and while I can farm MP8, I can't do so without dying and I can't farm it quickly.
Nor do I get to your 180k DPS even when I used a better Scorn. (I don't use WotB though so that could account for the DPS drop after buffs).

I seriously doubt your 'under 10 million' geared barb that can farm MP8 is repeatable.
If so, you should sell that 'service' of acquiring the gear because people would pay a premium for it.

I already answered that in previous posts, just look for it if you feel like it :p

But, for your questions 1 and 2, I don't remember really. I guess I could have found some, but I don't think so. But it's possible that I got great deals. I wouldn't know, after gearing 5 characters...

I'll tell it again: I can't whirlwind in high MPs. My secret is rend with the life steal rune + vengeance, first rune.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 11:43 AM PST
I agree, just check my profile. My barb does double the dps and has double the ehp of my alts. Barbs need a nerf to ruthless and wep master and the other classes need buffs.

I'll tell it again: I can't whirlwind in high MPs. My secret is rend with the life steal rune + vengeance, first rune.

I don't think you got deals on your gear. I looked at your profile and your barb is indeed worth less than 10m. I don't understand how you can survive with only 2.9%LS on your belt and no loh. I personally tried rend-blood lust w/ a similar dps skorn that even had LS but it just didn't work for me. Maybe it was because I didn't hit-n-run. I just stand among the mobs as I always do with ww :P

Then again if you have to kite you won't be able to kill elites in 2 min, will you? I understand rend outputs dmg even when you're running, but it's just 700% wpn dmg in 5 sec -- 140%/sec, which is not a lot..
Edited by ZingyDNA#1802 on 2/5/2013 12:29 PM PST
Maybe it was because I didn't hit-n-run. I just stand among the mobs as I always do with ww :P

Then again if you have to kite you won't be able to kill elites in 2 min, will you? I understand rend outputs dmg even when you're running, but it's just 700% wpn dmg in 5 sec -- 140%/sec, which is not a lot..

Well, I don't get why I can do it either. But hit and run is not like kitting. It's more hitting, taking a step back, and going back. Because when I first tried MP7-8, I just went all in and died. The trick is really to give yourself a step back for rend to give you back life.
i say bull, do a vid of you killing the butcher before the the floor turns to fire and Ghom before to poison cloud kills you,
just because you can kill white mods an the easy elites is nothing,
Maybe it was because I didn't hit-n-run. I just stand among the mobs as I always do with ww :P

Well, I don't get why I can do it either. But hit and run is not like kitting. It's more hitting, taking a step back, and going back. Because when I first tried MP7-8, I just went all in and died. The trick is really to give yourself a step back for rend to give you back life.

So you rend, back off, come back and rend again? If you rend again within 5 sec, do the damage stack up with the previous rend? (I don't think so..) I guess you have to bash a few times in between for fury regen, since you don't have BR-into the fray, and dps buff as well. That will reduce your area dmg output though as bash doesn't have aoe. But I see you have revenge for aoe dmg and life regen as well, which is nice.

Another thing I noticed is that you only have +12% movement speed and you don't use Sprint. This is gonna lower your efficiency a lot more than your mob killing speed. I guess for under 10m you can't have everything, eh?
i say bull, do a vid of you killing the butcher before the the floor turns to fire and Ghom before to poison cloud kills you,

Way to take things into the land of idiocy troll. What the OP says is true and you are just bending his meaning.
02/05/2013 12:59 PMPosted by ZingyDNA
Another thing I noticed is that you only have +12% movement speed and you don't use Sprint. This is gonna lower your efficiency a lot more than your mob killing speed. I guess for under 10m you can't have everything, eh?

lol yeah exactly. I'd like to have more movement speed and if I have 20 mil, a skorn with life on steal, and one day the IK set lol.

You guys almost made me doubt. Just logged in, killed the first pack I saw in less than 2 minutes. I can make a vid if you guys want, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]