Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

I wouldn't call it farming, nor kiting. Kiting is firing or attacking while running back. With my barb, I only take a step back after a few hit, just so my life is full again by rend. And I don't say that I'm farming in the sense of being efficient. I farm my keys at MP8. My point is, I repeat, that I can kill pretty much any pack at MP8 in less than two minutes without dying or having a difficult time. If two minutes is not efficient in your definition, than I agree. I should farm on lower MPs maybe. But like I said, my point is that I can do all that with a barb that has really low end gear (10mil budget tops). Which I can't do with my 40-50mil WD and DH.

You're beating a dead horse. Most of the people here don't fully read the posts. They just skim and then want to make their epeen bigger by putting you down.

Your point is simple, it's cheaper and easier to kill (not farm, not kite, simply kill) monsters at higher MP levels with a Barb than other classes. That's it. And I agree with that assessment. People will feel the need to read in between the lines and make assumptions that you're trying to insinuate things that aren't there. It's a lost cause.

ePeen? OP is asking for a nerf to the class im currently enjoying playing with, from what I've read, a lack of proper reasoning. Me chiming in with some honestly is all that I did. I've only played Wiz and Barb, so I can't comment on other classes, but as far as the act of simply "killing", as you are referring, my Wiz was MUCH easier to kill on high MP. It isn't hard fighting frozen statues!! Yes, WW barbs can be made fairly cheap and they are great for farming but the traditional ww build isnt great for much else. Hota/Rend is better for ubers. Other builds are better for PVP. Should people start making threads asking for WD nerfs since they are doing great in PVP for less gold than a barb?

All in all, the Barb is a melee class, and as such, should have higher survivability. You SHOULD be able to survive more with a class that has to get next to an enemy to deal damage instead of use spells from afar.
Edited by Sahbatage#1201 on 2/5/2013 7:06 PM PST
02/05/2013 09:58 AMPosted by TALIB
If you can do a full alk(example) run in 8-10mins in MP8 then thats called farming if not then its shloudn't be called that, its like people saying i got "scammed" when they got "ripped off".

Don't know if this has been commented on, still reading through comment.

Haha 8-10mins in MP8, else it's not farming?

Check out some of the endgame streamers.
Like Avoidlol CM/WW Wiz farming mp10, yes farming. But it sure as hell doesn't take him only 8mins / run.
Datmodz or Invis, haven't inspected Invis gear that closely, but damn. Datmodz got some insane gear, and his MP10 runs aren't only lasting 8mins either.

Just... Get a grip.
I know my barb isn't that great, but I can still farm MP8 without dying.

No. You can't, never with that gears.

Yes I can. lol

That's why I'm making this thread. It's amazing. I was so surprised myself. A friend of mine has a similar barb and we often farm together MP7-8, and do just fine. But we can't just jump into the pack like idiots, we have to rend, bash, move back a yard, and repeat.

Nerf Rend then, I dont care.

ePeen? OP is asking for a nerf to the class im currently enjoying playing with, from what I've read, a lack of proper reasoning. Me chiming in with some honestly is all that I did. I've only played Wiz and Barb, so I can't comment on other classes, but as far as the act of simply "killing", as you are referring, my Wiz was MUCH easier to kill on high MP. It isn't hard fighting frozen statues!! Yes, WW barbs can be made fairly cheap and they are great for farming but the traditional ww build isnt great for much else. Hota/Rend is better for ubers. Other builds are better for PVP. Should people start making threads asking for WD nerfs since they are doing great in PVP for less gold than a barb?

so , why have you stopped playing ur wiz since i see that he's gearless?

so , why have you stopped playing ur wiz since i see that he's gearless?

Because I prefer melee characters for PVP. PVP was all I did back in D2 using a Paladin and a Barb.
thats why you keep deading in high mp with this foolish fighting style. You cant 1 shot them and you are 1 shoted. your LS skorn waste all your buget and not function well.

your WOTB can only keep 15 sec and wait 2 minutes what can you do this 2 minutes without a LS skorn in mp 8 act 3?

I don't rely on WOTB. It just helps to kill things faster. But I could use leap or overpower instead of it, and still would not die and kill packs in 2 minutes.

And to add more, my friend has a similar barb and he doesn't use vengeance. So I say this build relies mainly on rend with the life steal rune.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 8:25 PM PST
They really just need to nerf WotB so barbs cant keep it up for an entire act or halve all the stat bonuses from it. No other class has any skill that even comes close to it. Also cut the armor bonus barbs get from STR.

It is extremely unfair that a 50 mil geared barb can farm faster then my 1 bil geared demon hunter
every class gets armor from str, and barbs wont? wiz's get AR from int, dh's get dodge from dex. if anything at all, it's the dodge which is the biggest gain since you can't get it from gear.
You're beating a dead horse. Most of the people here don't fully read the posts. They just skim and then want to make their epeen bigger by putting you down.

Your point is simple, it's cheaper and easier to kill (not farm, not kite, simply kill) monsters at higher MP levels with a Barb than other classes. That's it. And I agree with that assessment. People will feel the need to read in between the lines and make assumptions that you're trying to insinuate things that aren't there. It's a lost cause.

Thanks for your answer. That sums it up! But I would add that: it's cheaper and easier to kill monsters at higher MP levels with a Barb than other classes, and in a fair amount of time (it doesn't take an hour to kill a pack).
02/05/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Paulywally
Well , the barbarian is the only good class they made

Then it's surely not odd that we're trying to bring that to Blizzards attention so that we also can play a good class without having to reroll to a barb?
And no I don't wanna play a barb, my brother does. So I went for a WD to not use the same gear as him.
Edited by Palten#2228 on 2/5/2013 8:39 PM PST
@OP

So because you were able to spend less on your barb, and that makes them OP? I fail to see the logic in that...
Agreed. Im extremely dissapointed that blizzard released a game that looks like it was balanced by 3rd graders. It's a far cry from the precision balancing of the Star Craft 2 team. In a game that is 100% pvm how did they make 1 class that is so decisively good. Nothing comes close to Barbarians. They have more than triple the level 60's of any other class!!! And the Wizards critical mass freeze lock build is another joke put into the game. Its appalling to watch. I literally feel like kids made this game. I feel like there shouldn't even need to be a number of complaints about it to get it to change. It should have just never happened.

But what im most mad about is that i decided to really commit my time to leveling and gearing my monk for end game not thinking that any team of developers could completely ignore the playability of any of the classes. Once again i was wrong. Monks are by far the biggest joke of a class past MP6-7. They cost so much more and they just simply can't survive at all compared to a barb with dirt cheap life steal. I would love to make a life steal build that doesn't start at a couple hundred million gold. Of all the buffs they hand out like candy why not make some small adjustments, just minor fixes, to the one class that the worst known resource regeneration. Once again, im so disappointed in this development team.

I'll second this.

I'm pretty sure that if I counted the times I was disappointed by the D3 team it would be far higher then the times I was impressed.

I mean really. Class balance is laughable. Skill and rune balance and the "billions of builds" reduced to like... what 3 or so viable builds... that is a disappointment lol. Some of the skills and runes are just horrible. Itemization... too much rng, horrible affixes, bad skill affix system (which could have added so much to build diversity), legendary/set items that are horrible while others are so OP their is no chance of a rare coming even close...

But then again I simply remember the fact that Diablo 3's ship has sailed and their is no point in arguing when chances are of Blizzard actually addressing these issues and fixing them rather then adding to the problems are slim.
Bliz doesn't balance the cost of gears on the AH, it's us players that do!
So if you want parity, start a movement to raise the prices of all barb gear.
@OP

So because you were able to spend less on your barb, and that makes them OP? I fail to see the logic in that...

I'll explain it to you. I said OP is not the right word, but really more powerful. I spent MUCH less and do MUCH better than with my other characters. That is why. So if cheap gear can make me farm high MPs with no difficulty, then the skills must be quite good. So the question is: are the skills too good, or other classes not enough?
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:32 PM PST
unless there is some way that Rend is amazing in higher MP's I doubt you do MP8.. because from having played as much as I have with my barb, I doubt I could do mp8...
unless there is some way that Rend is amazing in higher MP's I doubt you do MP8.. because from having played as much as I have with my barb, I doubt I could do mp8...

-_-

I'll try to download that desktop recorder thing tomorrow, cause I can do MP8. Yes, rend is really powerful.

Dude, your gear is awesome. You probably can do it too, just try my build, I don't know.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:58 PM PST
02/05/2013 09:56 PMPosted by bearr

-_-

I'll try to download that desktop recorder thing tomorrow, cause I can do MP8. Yes, rend is really powerful.

Dude, your gear is awesome. You probably can do it too, just try my build, I don't know.

If you can't clear keep depths 2 in 5 minutes that's not doing.
I also have all classes leveled and I can tell you its not that Barbs are op ... its that they require very little gear to farm at a reasonable speed on lower mp's ... if I could have a class with max gear I would pick Wizard ... they farm mp10 as fast as barbs farm mp5 .

02/05/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Deadtomato
If you can't clear keep depths 2 in 5 minutes that's not doing.

Youre giving him 5 minutes? why so long ... give him like 2 minutes before it would become better to farm mp7. I can farm mp10 on my crap geared character ... it also takes 150 times longer than mp5.... if only blizz was improving the mf per mp next patch would i ever bother taking all that time.
Edited by Delkerramak#1500 on 2/5/2013 10:35 PM PST
View profile
@ Bowser, 3rd post, You have 8k elite kills, sorry to say, but you have a bias opinion, as far as classes go, you got no idea.

Leave that up to the no lifers with 60k-100k+ elite kills with multiple class experience. Any class in this game is capable of being "OP", you just need the right gear n builds. Unfortunately new players have no idea what other classes are capable of due to lack of experience and gold acccess.

Rest assured, the new king of classes when it comes to farming for me is def Monk, and that's coming from 1600 hours invested farming experience. (1100 of which was done on a barb :)
Edited by ImmortalKing#1296 on 2/5/2013 10:35 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]