Diablo® III

Still having problems with a2 and a3 Wardens

Hello dear US Wizards !

After some considerable gear upgrades I've become able to farm "high" MP but I'm still having toubles with the Wardens...

So here's my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Julius-1441/hero/3017821

If you're too lazy, here are my buffed stats:

136k dps
31k life
5200 armor
800 @r
3.08 aps
54.5 cc
750 LoH

With this stuff I'm doing key runs in mp 6/7/8, having no troubles slaying Elites.
But I take too much damages from the a2 Warden when he activates his sandstorm, even under "Safe Passage".
And I can't freeze the a3 Warden since he always find a way to teleport, and then I have to set all my tornados up again and again ...
From what I've read here, my CC and APS are very fine, so how the ƒuck am I supposed to perma-freeze them :P ?

Thanks in advance,

Julius

PS: please, excuse my bad english, I'm French :)
Reply Quote
some of it can come from ur latancey. if its higher than 180 i think the freeze can be broken and it becomes a more of a stutter freeze which teleport will ruin.

on the act 2 warden i dont even attempt to survive the ww sandstorm i tele out drop twisters under and wait till its over and resume. slow but works with minimal deaths. ive only done this on mp6 due to a lower dps to it taking forever to get to a warden and then kill him.

im sure some people would say u need more loh since i think they want 800 per 100k. not sure it another 2-3 hundred would help but it couldnt hurt to much im sure
Reply Quote
your stats say you should be able to do this. Few things though:

- I can barely live through A2 KW spin move in mp10, the mitigation required to live that is huge. From my experience he follows a pattern, Vortex -> Spin move. When he uses vortex, port far away from him and begin your wind up again. As it stands, you wont be able to live through the spin

- A3 KW is just tough to perma freeze, he teleports and slows you down with that freeze ability. more CC% will help your cause against him

Last note - Have you thought about lowering your APS to the 2.73 BP? 3.0 is awesome but you can't do it without EA by the looks of it (armor and AR too low). You would be much more effective with a bit more DPS, 2.73 APS, more LOH through BT pants or something and running SNS. 3.0 SNS is a beast, but I still think 2.73 is better if you need to use EA for 3.0
Reply Quote
Thanks for your answers !

01/31/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Blazers
Last note - Have you thought about lowering your APS to the 2.73 BP? 3.0 is awesome but you can't do it without EA by the looks of it (armor and AR too low). You would be much more effective with a bit more DPS, 2.73 APS, more LOH through BT pants or something and running SNS. 3.0 SNS is a beast, but I still think 2.73 is better if you need to use EA for 3.0

Sorry, but I don't know the english abbreviations for those spells/skills ... Could you translate them plz ?
Reply Quote
APS - attacks per second
BP - Breakpoint
EA - energy armor
AR - all resist
LOH - life on hit
BT - blackthorns
SNS - using storm armor - shocking aspect, Diamond Skin - Diamond Shards

think thats all of them
Reply Quote
@blazers this is a little off topic but i have to say it. i love ur wizards and barbs names.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Blazers

Well I've read this a lot on this forum. I tried Storm Armor (schocking aspect) but I don't feel it adds so much damages. And I'm already using Diamond Shards ^^.
I think I could reach 3.0 even with my BT pants if I had a 0.25 Chantodo's and a 9% Witching Hour (with @r aswell).
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:08 PMPosted by bda145
@blazers this is a little off topic but i have to say it. i love ur wizards and barbs names.

Fellow Lance/Realms fan?? Great to hear, not enough of us around anymore...
Reply Quote
yes. have most of the books till mina came around and havent read lance in a few years but i keep up in realms getting new one usally each month or so. my monk is named from r.a. cadderly series. just have to level her to 60
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Julius

Well I've read this a lot on this forum. I tried Storm Armor (schocking aspect) but I don't feel it adds so much damages. And I'm already using Diamond Shards ^^.
I think I could reach 3.0 even with my BT pants if I had a 0.25 Chantodo's and a 9% Witching Hour (with @r aswell).

Shocking Aspect adds way more DPS to a CM/WW wizard than Diamond Shards ever will. And I've stated to people before about keywardens, if your having trouble drop Diamond Shards for Crystal Shell.

As CM/WW wizard the EHP gain using Crystal Shell is HUGE. I see too many people using SNS these days without the right stats. Using CS over DS will benefit so many people more.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Aphraell
As CM/WW wizard the EHP gain using Crystal Shell is HUGE. I see too many people using SNS these days without the right stats. Using CS over DS will benefit so many people more.

Yes it's true, but I barely die when fighting the a2 Warden, so I don't feel the need to drop CS for DS... 800@r and 5200 armor with 800 LoH is enough, isn't it :) ?
Edited by Julius#1441 on 1/31/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can't live through act 2 keywarden's spin, you would need some insanely high stats to do it, so don't even try. You might be able to take like half a second of it and still live, so if your reaction is fast enough you can just teleport out when he starts spinning.

Act 3 keywarden, find one of those little triangle shape things at the edge where you can back up into it and be surrounded 3 sides by the little walls, and just stick your twisters in front of you. The keywarden may or may not teleport to you immediately, so be patient. At least this way you don't have to chase him around and do the wind-up every time.
Reply Quote
Warden is nothing more than a single running elite. You need more dps, cc, and mitigation. I just made 2 runs/videos for you on how the fight should look like. 311k dps, 61cc, SNS (not prismatic), 20 apoc, 2.9 aps, 750 LoH. Your mitigation is too low for SNS. Up that, then switch to SNS and up your cc.

act2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqhEnXMFCxw

act3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skm34uuWeFM

edit: updated links
Edited by kiza#1883 on 1/31/2013 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
i almost never die to act 2 kw, its all bout technique
stop hittin eb when he spins, ull be able to still throw up enough twisters to keep ur loh up

eb- explosive blast
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 1/31/2013 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Aphraell

Shocking Aspect adds way more DPS to a CM/WW wizard than Diamond Shards ever will. And I've stated to people before about keywardens, if your having trouble drop Diamond Shards for Crystal Shell.

This all the way. SA+Storm Armor will add from 50-100% to your effective dps. It is insanely good and should be used for farming above all, even if you have to use a lower MP because of survivability issues from switching to Storm Armor.
Reply Quote
Hello dear US Wizards !

If you're too lazy, here are my buffed stats:

136k dps
31k life
5200 armor
800 @r
3.08 aps
54.5 cc
750 LoH

With your gear that is better than mine, you should be able to handle MP8 wardens. I

For Act 2 warden, I usually use the following skills:
- Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
- Frost Nova (Cold Snap)
- Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)

Don't activate Explosive Blast like what SteelPhantom said. I just make sure that I have enough Twisters going and spam Frost Nova (Cold Snap) and Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell). That keeps me alive even in his sandstorm. Note that I have 1500 LOH though.

Sometimes, the warden will move away and vortex me in and cause me to be out of Twisters. In this case, I will teleport out to wait out his sandstorm and restart.

For Act 3 Warden, I usually use the following skills:
- Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
- Frost Nova (Cold Snap)
- Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
- Explosive Blast (Chain Reaction)

The trick is to lure him to a flight of stairs. Once he is there, he can't move much more. You can then spam all the above skills to kill him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]