Diablo® III

Why are items on the AH like 10 thousand billion gold..

02/07/2013 10:15 AMPosted by KhalARon
Pre 1.05 it took 150m to 200m gold to get to 100k dps. Now it probably costs around 5m to 10m or less.

I call BS.

Then you either weren't playing then or weren't using the auction house. I geared both a monk then sold the stuff and bought barb gear between 1.04 and 1.05. Costed 130 mil to get my monk to 90k dps and spent about 200m to get a barb to 100k. The IK chest piece alone was 90m with the lowest available at 70m. How much do they start at now? 10m? And IK chest pieces have held their value better then most items. I still have an IK belt I bought for 35m that I can't even sell for 500k now.
Edited by DJINN#1228 on 2/7/2013 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:15 AMPosted by KhalARon
Pre 1.05 it took 150m to 200m gold to get to 100k dps. Now it probably costs around 5m to 10m or less.

I call BS.

If he's wrong, then he's not far off. That's just how it goes. In the first few weeks of the game, I spent several million gold just getting my monk to 10k dps. I was proud of my awesome 500 dps Shenlong fist weapons.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:19 AMPosted by DJINN

I call BS.

Then you either weren't playing then or weren't using the auction house. I geared both a monk then sold the stuff and bought barb gear between 1.04 and 1.05. Costed 130 mil to get my monk to 90k dps and spent about 200m to get a barb to 100k. The IK chest piece alone was 90m with the lowest available at 70m. How much do they start at now? 10m?

Not calling BS about the 150 to 200m gold part.

If you can get my monk to 100k DPS for under 10m, let's go shopping when I get home.
Reply Quote
You're full of crap.

I play D3 regularly and have only crossed the 100 million mark a few times.

People like you that try to make it sound like it's "easy" to obtain billions of gold are full of crappy crap crap. ;)

There are only a very small percentage of the obsessed playerbase that have that much gold - and those people fall into a few categories:

1. They cheat/exploit/bot the game.
2. They got lucky on a mega "lottery" drop.
3. They have credit cards and a desire to use them.

Aside from those options, other people like myself (who play a reasonable amount) are able to get a "moderate" amount of gold from time to time.

Ahaha look at this clown!

He thinks everyone who has a lot of Gold are cheaters or one time big time people or RMAH'd themselves. . .

It's not our fault you're bad at the game, be it being an Efficient Farmer or Trader.

FYI I've never found that 1-2B item but I've found lots and lots of 10-50M Items and 50M-100M+ Items. . . it's all about knowing what to do, how fast to kill stuff with the maximum MF possible.

People like you are really pathetic, just because you can't do what others can do doesn't mean it's not possible, stop being jealous.

And I never said it was easy to acquire Billions of Billions of gold in case you're blind, I said if I didn't spend some Gold on some stuff I liked I would have had 1Billion+ Gold right now, learn the difference. And there are people out there who have played a lot more than I have and I know they have more Gold than me.

Another thing I'm all Legit and never used the RMAH, 99% of my sales are from farming so sorry to pop your bubble. . . again stop being jealous of people who have more Gold than you, be it LEGIT or RMAH'd.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7384088513
DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 2/7/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
1b / 250K = 4000 hours...
if you play 2 hours a day, it just takes 2000 days or 5.48 years...

This is one godly item for one class only... multiply it by 13, makes 71 years... not bad, duable in ones whole lifetime... stop QQ and start playing, you have a looooooooong time to collect that money...

That is the most .... well I don't know what to call it ... statement.

even if your original calculation is correct ... the assumption is flawed.

1> assumption based on calculation is in 5.48yrs = 1b gold.
2> Assumption would almost indicate in 5.48yrs (or in 4,000 hours of play) you would not find any rares to sell whether they be from drops or replacements for your current gear. Many can get 30%-50% back on their purchases from the AH when they replace that gear depending on how long they have had it. the longer the amount of time .. the less recoup money you get on that previously purchased gear you now sell due to depreciation.
3> NO Legendaries found to use for yourself or even sell for nominal prices on the AH.

Crazy stuff. I'm guessing (could check my ah log) I've sold over 300m worth of items ranging from 500k-80m over the last 6-8 weeks with most items being < 5m.
Reply Quote
Diablo Tycoon 3
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:11 AMPosted by DJINN
Just goes to show how some people will never be satisfied and will never stop whining. Pre 1.05 it took 150m to 200m gold to get to 100k dps. Now it probably costs around 5m to 10m or less. Yet the whining and crying continues.

I love the self righteous, sanctimonious responses like this. How the hell are people supposed to know "what it was like" pre 1.0.5 if they just started playing the game? It's no longer possible for people buying this game to have your frame of reference. Find a better way to communicate it.

Entitlement Trolls: He never said he deserved the items automatically, just that he doesn't understand how he or anyone else could afford them. Looking at his characters, it's clear he doesn't get the item game. If any of you illiterate slack-jaws had a shred of comprehension, you would have gotten that.

OP: You have 2 options: become an AH Tycoon, which requires you play an entirely different game, or just play the game and find your own upgrades. You probably won't find the very top-end, but you will find upgrades. Especially with what you got now, you will find upgrades. Keep what you can use, sell what you can't. My characters aren't "godly" but I've found everything on all characters but 3 pieces. I started by hitting the AH for cheap magic find gear with main stat. As I progressed, I found better gear in general and better MF gear as well. As I gain Paragon Levels, I strip the MF gear off and replace it with the better stuff I've found. Oh yes, stack MF gear on your followers.
Edited by Taganov#1343 on 2/7/2013 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just goes to show how some people will never be satisfied and will never stop whining. Pre 1.05 it took 150m to 200m gold to get to 100k dps. Now it probably costs around 5m to 10m or less. Yet the whining and crying continues.

I love the self righteous, sanctimonious responses like this. How the hell are people supposed to know "what it was like" pre 1.0.5 if they just started playing the game? It's no longer possible for people buying this game to have your frame of reference. Find a better way to communicate it.

Entitlement Trolls: He never said he deserved the items automatically, just that he doesn't understand how he or anyone else could afford them. Looking at his characters, it's clear he doesn't get the item game. If any of you illiterate slack-jaws had a shred of comprehension, you would have gotten that.

OP: You have 2 options: become an AH Tycoon, which requires you play an entirely different game, or just play the game and find your own upgrades. You probably won't find the very top-end, but you will find upgrades. Especially with what you got now, you will find upgrades. Keep what you can use, sell what you can't. My characters aren't "godly" but I've found everything on all characters but 3 pieces. I started by hitting the AH for cheap magic find gear with main stat. As I progressed, I found better gear in general and better MF gear as well. As I gain Paragon Levels, I strip the MF gear off and replace it with the better stuff I've found. Oh yes, stack MF gear on your followers.

This is obviously nothing but a whine thread. He has a whopping 1.2k elite kills then exaggerates the cost of items and complains that he will have to play for years to get them. So I gave him a frame of reference. I've put in over 1k hours and I don't have a billion gold items. Yet I've never felt the need to create a thread just to cry about prices. He hasn't even put in the time to start complaining about prices which is why I responded the way I did. In fact why is he even looking at billion gold items. He's basically wearing vendor trash and with 7m gold he can buy some serious upgrades. But instead he looks at the most expensive items in the AH and then runs to the form to cry.
Edited by DJINN#1228 on 2/7/2013 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 things, survivability and MF. Now if you're limited in cash doing one or the other is possible but trying to do both requires some sort of luck from the auction house or in game drops. If you want to survive while having low $$ you're not getting a lot of MF which means you're likely to get trash for drops. And if you increase your MF but lower survivability you're not killing efficiently which means you're wasting time and effort.

Unless we can have everyone playing at the same time, scanning the AH at the same time, or running the same act at the same time. comparing how 'easy' it is get get cheap good things is pointless because the AH changes constantly and sometimes good item may pop up just when you happen to be on.

I started playing when the game came out and I realized early that crafting was sh*t and spent most of my time playing the 'ah' game. My friends invested their hard earn gold into the smith. Guess who ended up doing better? (ME). I got very very lucky with a number of my AH purchases (right moment, right time). And even today I farm the AH for gear because getting level 58-60 drops on mp1-6 is stupid. I don't complain because RNG is RNG and my drop luck just is crap.

Now as I play the game on my third character I'm very thankfully that I have my DH helping me out. Without the DH I won't know what I would do when my barb gets to inferno. As it is right now I'm already low on funds

My point is, D3 is more luck based than any of the other previous games.

Getting a good items from Ah at level 60 = right moment, right time
Getting a good drop from the game = right moment, right time, right place

The only thing that's guaranteed is if you use the RMAH with real money
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 01:06 PMPosted by steakncheese
They cost billions because that is their relative rarity. If you self-farmed a billion gold, you should find one of these items. That is how prices are dictated.

I like to see someone self farm a billion gold just to see how long it would take.

Unfortunately that's only half right, inflation plays a part in this. When the game came out nothing was sold for 1 billion gold. Yes they increase the amount of gold being drop in the patches but it's not relative to the rate of inflation. Items are getting more expensive and gold value is also going down
Reply Quote
You got 7M and are complaining?! Until last weekend I never had more then 5M ever! You don't need a lot of gold to gear up. Just need to be persistent in farming (lots of great stuff drop in MP0-1) and how to snipe the AH. You don't need BiS items just good ones and have fun. : )
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Slam
You don't need BiS items just good ones and have fun. : )

Word
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Ace
. There honestly is little difference between 1m items and 1b items. Same stats, the stats just are somewhat higher. Same weapons, the weapons just are a little higher dps and have a socket.
So you mean there is a lot of difference, right?

The little higher dps in weapon goes through plenty of multipliers, so it is the difference between 100k dps and 150k dps. Price raises exponentially the higher the level goes and there are of course dimininishing returns, but such is life.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:04 AMPosted by MedievalFan
I agree on this. Wanted to buy armor for my 60 barbarian and holy hell the cheapest was about 5 million. I went all the way to the end of the auction pages... The most I made in this game was about 400k gold, mainly because once I get gold I normally go to the AH and spend it on gear for my lowers that's around 50k+. This is one thing I find irritating, indeed.

http://i45.tinypic.com/15s4hvb.jpg
Reply Quote
suck it up an buy some gold, go shopping.
Reply Quote
Well, there is a 50 item "stash" on the AH but if you want to store something there you must post it for auction first. So, if you post it for a ridiculous amount of gold then no one will buy it and it goes to your AH stash.

And if someone does buy it for 2 billion, or whatever inflated price, then all the better.

-JJ
Edited by JimmyJames#1632 on 2/7/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]