Diablo® III

How to inflate my HP.

Hey! I have been doing some upgrade on my barb (profile is updated). Armor and resist keep on raising but I'm left with soo few vitality that I feel prone to death.

I have been thinking to grab a vitality, +%life, socket helmet with a Sever (150vit/11%IAS) But any suggestion would be welcome, thank!
Reply Quote
You're a dead man walking at 31k life.

Your shoulders are a joke. Get new ones.

Rugged Seal ring can be replaced with a cheap %Life/Str/Loh Ring

Your ammy....... I don't even know why you're wearing that. Was that a misclick? Go for straight Vita with a touch of Str in the ah. Find something with 150 Vita, 8% or more Vita, and like 80 str and I'm sure you can get one for cheap without CC/CD.

This may sound mean, but I'm just trying to be blunt and honest. Your barb needs a LOT of work and I wouldn't even enter Adria's Hut in Inferno MP0 with your gear as is now.
Reply Quote
I'll second what Diomedes said.

You need to aim for way more Vitality, 1500 at least I would think (I haven't played much Barbarian).
Reply Quote
View profile
Who dressed up your other 60s?

Don't take offense... but how can you have access to all of that gear you have on your softcore characters and not know how to increase your health? You could just as easily look at your wizard for health references to know what it takes to get to 60k.

This isn't a slight at you, but this is just proof positive that well geared =/= "good player" like people always be saying around this game's community.

The easiest change for you is to take out Highborn Mine for another amulet that has 200+ Vit and 12%+ life %.Second, Mirrored Testimony can easily go for another ring with 120+ vit and 9%+ life %. Making the switch on both of those items will give you a huge EHP increase. As it will give your armor and resistances more value, as you'll be working with a gallon instead of 2 quarts.

Be careful with Empyrean Messenger as well as a Sever. As weapons with lots of EHP on them, might trap you, as you'd be reluctant to switch em out because you'd lose defense. However, if you seriously need the EHP you could also consider using The Grandfather with 500 vit on it instead of changing your jewelry. As it would probably give you more EHP than what blocking would do at this point, as well as give you a bit more DPS. You could just carry it in your inventory and switch depending on mobs or something.

And lastly, the easiest upgrade to health for you is to upgrade your gems to Star Amethyst.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 2/2/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alright, re-updated my profile.

First off, what you saw earlier was my barb after switching some parts that had 100+ vitality. I was sitting on 700k EHP and feeled safe. The rings were found on the AH with maxing gold find in mind since I'm playing self-found. Lastly, yes I have a wizard that score rank 75 in EHP on diabloprogress (mind you, must switch my mf/gf gear). That doesn't mean I'm barb proeficient and all.

In fact my sc barb, I geared with what I found on my Wizard, never had to ask myself any question. Secondly, this is my only HC character inferno-able. I had a DH whom died sadly. I didn't xfer any gold from SC either. Soo yeah, I'm not taking offense, just saying.

I bought a new amy, 2 rings and fire boots with AR. Gems are on the hold right now, Pretty much all my slot are in need of upgrade.

And to whoever said my shoulder suck. That is a self-drop and I don't see anything short of a vileward to upgrade that slot. What can you ask more, Double resist + Vit + armor. At this point, I dont mind the 38 str if I can save valuable gold for something esle...

Anyway, thank you. I'm back to 35k hp.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Kelmort
The rings were found on the AH with maxing gold find in mind since I'm playing self-found.

Something about this quote doesn't quite add up...
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Kelmort
The rings were found on the AH with maxing gold find in mind since I'm playing self-found.

does not compute
Reply Quote
Are you named after Chopin the musician? Or are you chopin' away at things? :D
Reply Quote
Swap HotA for Rend (Blood Lust) and you can finish off Inferno if that's your goal.
I can assume with your Sprint play style you like running away.
Should be fine if you don't stand still for long.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Sunshine

Something about this quote doesn't quite add up...

Nah, he is like the majority of ''self-found''...
Reply Quote
Self-found gold, I use the AH.

Character is named after the musician, make up for smooth run.

3) I use sprint forced marche almost everytime, but right now, since I'm solo farming act1, maratheon is all I need to cruise between Epack. When fighting, I like standing in place or blocking the way, chop'in my way around, that's why I use superstition.
Edited by Kelmort#1104 on 2/2/2013 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
ditch the low end IK stuff...

str/vit/ar/CC gloves and 150s/150v/60ar belt

should cost substantially less then proceeds from dumping low end IK stuff
Reply Quote
View profile
Self-found gold, I use the AH.

Character is named after the musician, make up for smooth run.

3) I use sprint forced marche almost everytime, but right now, since I'm solo farming act1, maratheon is all I need to cruise between Epack. When fighting, I like standing in place or blocking the way, chop'in my way around, that's why I use superstition.

I think I'm starting to understand this abstract concept of self-found as perceived by softcore players. It's a very tricky one guys. Their minds, their psychology, and their behavior are all equally fascinating.

Never change anything about yourself Kelmort. You are truly awesome.
Edited by Bnetplayer#11398 on 2/2/2013 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had a friend once, that despized the AH. When I started playing he had 10 level 60 character, all self found, all wearing stupid craps. It's took me 3 week to surclass him in every single aspect of characters gearing. And I didnot felt sorry one single instant for him. The AH is part of the game and by self-found, i'm including in my definition bartering,trading and stuff I buy with the gold and items I find.

What is excluded. Buyed gold, RMAH or X-fer from SC to HC.
Edited by Kelmort#1104 on 2/2/2013 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
by self-found, i'm including in my definition bartering,trading and stuff I buy with the gold and items I find.

mind = blown

Anyway, if u still looking to up ur hp, u can still get better pants.

A general suggestion bout hp - Rather than increasing hp, u shud look to increase ur ehp. In general, its not a good idea to sacrifice res and armor to gain hp, unless u r getting a nice ehp boost. Having a high ehp:hp ratio also makes potions, life regen and loh much more effective.
Reply Quote
View profile
I had a friend once, that despized the AH. When I started playing he had 10 level 60 character, all self found, all wearing stupid craps. It's took me 3 week to surclass him in every single aspect of characters gearing. And I didnot felt sorry one single instant for him. The AH is part of the game and by self-found, i'm including in my definition bartering,trading and stuff I buy with the gold and items I find.

What is excluded. Buyed gold, RMAH or X-fer from SC to HC.

By this definition, many of us here(me, too), are "self-found".

If your friend was having a blast though, who's really sorry? I don't get it. Game ain't a race or anything, imo.
Reply Quote
He was not getting a blast. Everyday he would log on and rants about how everyone had better item than him, how he felt weak, how I had progressed over him soo much.
Reply Quote
USE THE AUCTION HOUSE FOR THE LOVE OF ENCHANTRESS. The game is meant to give you doo doo drops 90% of the time.

you can easily upgrade your toon with only 500k gold to up you ehp and dps
But hey if you really like to play the game like that more power to you.
Just an advice the elite bugs(especially the waller/arcane/molten) in act 2 will chew your barb up
Good luck to you sir
Edited by June#1776 on 2/3/2013 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
I didn't start Act 2 yet. My chest is full of gear for the CM/Archon wiz im working on and I need the space lol.

I don't think I'm ready for it anyway, but whenever I get there, I will Vault run a lot.
Reply Quote
I didn't start Act 2 yet. My chest is full of gear for the CM/Archon wiz im working on and I need the space lol.

I don't think I'm ready for it anyway, but whenever I get there, I will Vault run a lot.

Eagerly awaiting your HC rage quit post within the next week.

Edit:

After re-reviewing your gear I also wanted to say that your shield is pretty horribad. I salvage rares with better stats than that. I think you're just wearing it because its green and uh.... "self found"

I noticed you've changed your boots since my first review. It would probably do you better to get some boots with vita on them. The one's you're wearing ....... you're only wearing them because they're brown and they make the ground look pretty.

And drop the spear. A weapon without a socket is unplayable.

That said.... thank you for taking my advice on the ammy. That new one looks much better than your Int/Vita/MF ammy you had on before.

For skills: I like most of your setup. You're going for a tank build and to make sure you contribute something to the group you are using many group-helping skills, which is really nice and thoughtful of you.

The one thing I have a problem with is you using HoTA, ESPECIALLY with that rune on it. The reality is that with 19k dps you're not killing anything in a multiplayer game (because that's what you're set up for) so NOTHING is going to be stunned EVER.

I think you would be better off using Rend/Blood Lust or Ignore Pain with the help-everyone rune. Both of those skills would be better than HoTA with your setup.
Edited by Diomedes#1380 on 2/3/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]