Diablo® III

Will you craft the new item in Patch 1.0.7?

02/11/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Chopain
Crafting in your game is a waste of time once you figure out the cost to reward ratio.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 02:38 PMPosted by mikeab7925
in the end the only piece worth crafting will be the amulet. people will realize the lucuni prowler and strong arm bracers are better. you can't get attack speed on crafted bracers. other gear would mean losing set bonus's.

Also you CAN get IAS on crafted bracers.
There are 6 random affixes. They could be anything on the list. That being said it's going to be tough to get bracers better than Lacuni's. I just rolled a pair of 6% int-vit lacuni's that sold for 450mil. SWEET! I'm hoping you can craft one's better than that and someone is going to be sad come tomorrow.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:30 PMPosted by TheSloth
Also you CAN get IAS on crafted bracers.

Misinformed.

You can't!
Reply Quote
Crafting will always be a waste because it competes directly with the auction house. You could dump tons of gold into playing scratch off when you can dump the same gold into the AH and get exactly the item you want? What they should do is remove the gold cost from crafting and make it use all non-tradable drop components so that it is a true alternative source of gear. Then it would encourage you to play the game and would in no way reward botters or encourage people to buy botted gold.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Vyleblud
Crafting will always be a waste because it competes directly with the auction house. You could dump tons of gold into playing scratch off when you can dump the same gold into the AH and get exactly the item you want? What they should do is remove the gold cost from crafting and make it use all non-tradable drop components so that it is a true alternative source of gear. Then it would encourage you to play the game and would in no way reward botters or encourage people to buy botted gold.

You are very wrong. It will not compete with the auction house. It will only compliment it, depending on what kind of player you are.

And you need gold sinks in this game. I'm not going to explain the whole economic theory behind it. Just take my word for it...
Reply Quote
I'm going to craft bracer and glove. Which should I go for Dex or Vit?
If I roll Dex, what is the max possible Vit I can roll for Glove and Bracer? If I go for Vit, whats the max Dex?

Any suggestion?

P/s: My main char is on HC.
Reply Quote
i will craft gloves.. maybe amulets later
Reply Quote
Crafting = Gambling. I likes to gamble. The key is to set a budget per day.

I'm gonna try my luck at the Shoulders first.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Vyleblud

this
Reply Quote
Being a No AH'er I plan too, only other thin I might do for my money is make marqui gems and at this point...other then marquis emerald don't think I really will focus on it much.
Reply Quote
nope,too expensive,and it takes too long to make that kind of gold,and overall,its pretty much something to make the player farm more,then scream,i,m a 60 year old lady,and and when this game gets real boring, as it does often,than i have more fun cleaning the house,and i'm not kidding.,in other words are we there yet???but as usual, i am talking to the wall,my account doesnt even get legendaries or set items,and i have played since day 1. and played d2 for 10 years,not one char on this account has got anything,whats up with that?
Reply Quote
I'm interested in crafting, less interested in the marquise gem idea but very interested in finding new plans i can sell

Very interested in monster power coming to public games as well, that will be fun

I'm hoping they raise mob density in a1 2 and 4 , to be on par with a3....that would be sweet
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Sÿlak
Spending large amounts of gold on crafted trash doesn't sound too smart.

This is what I don't understand.

Blizzard just DOESN'T seem to understand this, and I give them credit for fixing a lot.

They keep changing crafting, but they keep the prices SO high.

Realistically, I expect to craft 30+ pieces of armor to find a good one, that's 3 million gold... I could get a pretty good guaranteed glove for that price.

I think crafting should be the way they DESCRIBE it, but not how it is - "A good way to get some extra loot with the extra materials you have laying around."

IMO that means every once in a while - you should get a "free" roll on some type of rare.
"free" meaning - it costs materials that you've collected over a game, but not gold.
You know, I do a good size run (kill like 10-20 packs of monsters) and I get a free roll on an ilvl 63 using crafting mats.
It's just not worth it...
Edited by ProbablyHigh#1615 on 2/12/2013 4:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
I need to see some results before I start crafting. I'll wait for some of those hardcore theory crafters to do the legwork like I usually do.

Surely someone will sit down and craft 20 or so of a particular item and then share the stats of each roll.

I'll look at an item in their list that would be desirable for me, then price it out on the AH.

If the person spent significantly less to craft the item than I would spend on the AH, I'll give it a try. But it needs to be SIGNIFICANTLY less. The AH is a sure thing.

It's like the blues said. Crafting is for 2 groups:
1) Super rich players looking for an uber BIS item.
2) People who shun the AH entirely.

I'm neither of these players. I suspect 90% of the player base is neither of these players. I feel the current crafting design is not really practical.

But maybe I'm wrong. I'll see what the real world results are.

Still, anecdotal experience tells me crafting in D3 is crap.
Edited by hork#1531 on 2/12/2013 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Perhaps, but i won't be holding my breath till i get something great. At best they just removed one of several layers of RNG, so i don't raise my expectations too high. Depends on the cost too.
Reply Quote
Most likely not. I was disappointed when testing them in PTR. Appeared to be huge gold sink.
Reply Quote
The way to make crafting work is create unique crafted items with interesting affixes that nothing else has so players can (gasp) play with interesting new builds. This dev team does not get it.

Having unique properties on crafted items is a really good idea, too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]