Diablo® III

Will you craft the new item in Patch 1.0.7?

probably the only 6 well rolled items on the entire PTR... but yeah for sure imma try 2 make some gear...
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Grimiku
I have not been lucky enough to find the patterns I want.

Welcome to Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
Crafting gives you the same chance to get a quality item as monster drops do. Which means basically NO CHANCE.

It's simply a gold sink. There's no reason to waste money on it.

The most efficient way to get gear in this game is to simply save up your gold and along the way you MIGHT find something worth selling for more gold.

Farm Farm Farm.
Reply Quote
gloves and bracers for my monk at least maybe try a few hundred thousand tries for that perfect chest.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Scourge
Crafting gives you the same chance to get a quality item as monster drops do.

Categorically false statement. First off, >50% of drops have 4 affixes. Second, and more importantly, only a minuscule percentage of monster drops have >200 of your primary stat.

Put those two together and you see that every crafted item from the start is better than 99% of monster drops.

It's simply a gold sink. There's no reason to waste money on it.

Totally depends on the person. My next glove upgrade is going to cost me >500mil gold - I *may* choose to spend this gold attempting to craft an upgrade instead. If I do, i *may* not ever get anything I can use, completely wasting my gold. and I *may* get an upgrade on my third try and save 499 million gold.

In case you weren't sure, that is the essence of gambling. Or did you never gamble in D2 either?

Farm Farm Farm.

Wait, so you're saying D3 has a system that encourages people to farm over and over? Holy crap what were they thinking!
Reply Quote
Based on some of the items, crafting seems like a pretty good option. Yea, you might have to craft a few times but it beats IDing all those ilvl 63 rares that turns into vendor garbage.

It makes lvling and farming so much easy but ignoring all the armor rares and 2-handed weps. It saves a few visits to town to vendor your trashes.

Craft ammys, bracers and gloves. Most people won't give up their chest armor due to set's bonuses. And everyone loves the way Vile Ward looks on their character.
Reply Quote
Based on some of the items, crafting seems like a pretty good option. Yea, you might have to craft a few times but it beats IDing all those ilvl 63 rares that turns into vendor garbage.

It makes lvling and farming so much easy but ignoring all the armor rares and 2-handed weps. It saves a few visits to town to vendor your trashes.

Craft ammys, bracers and gloves. Most people won't give up their chest armor due to set's bonuses. And everyone loves the way Vile Ward looks on their character.

I'll prolly use vanishing dye on mine tbh, just looks kinda ridiculous. Good news though, the new armor looks sexy at least.
Edited by Nicfit#1846 on 2/12/2013 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 05:55 AMPosted by Paradox
Most likely not. I was disappointed when testing them in PTR. Appeared to be huge gold sink.

This, I rolled absolute garbage on PTR. I think i had one good amulet but it wasn't better than the one I currently wear so I couldn't do anything with it, lol.

Think of it as paying 50k every time you pick up a pair of "razorspikes" "archon gauntlets" "archon spaulders" or "amulet" and then ID'd that item just to have it be crap. Sure it guarantees a main stat roll but everyone knows the money is in the trifecta and I must have rolled thousands of gloves with no trifecta. That'd be billions in gold.

They are obviously trying to take some gold and top tier gems out of the game (they've even said that's what they're trying to do) so they can fix their totally fudged up economy but this is just one little drop of water in the bucket.
Reply Quote
I am really new to craft and I dont know where to start to. I would like to spend some gold doing crafts as soon as the server comes back online, but I dont know what I need. What I mean is I want to craft first gloves and then maybe ammy.

As far as I know I need mats and the recipes right? What the recipes should I get to craft those 2 kind of items?

Thanks alot! Hope someone can help me out!
Reply Quote
I will craft shoulders - bracers ammy and gloves last ... I am hoping for real tanky shoulders
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I’ve seen players posting their crafting results for both the amulets and gloves, but I’m curious how the other Archon items are looking. Since the amulets and gloves seem to be most sought-after pieces, it’s not that strange to see more players posting about them than the chest piece, shoulders, or bracers . Even so, anyone have any great rolls with crafting items other than amulets and gloves?
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Grimiku
I’ve seen players posting their crafting results for both the amulets and gloves, but I’m curious how the other Archon items are looking. Since the amulets and gloves seem to be most sought-after pieces, it’s not that strange to see more players posting about them than the chest piece, shoulders, or bracers . Even so, anyone have any great rolls with crafting items other than amulets and gloves?

Archon Spaulders of Strength are looking like they don't exist.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Grimiku

I would be mass crafting archon shoulders of strength but they aren't even in the game? I don't think... I have done over 40 crafts of amulets and nothing better then mine
Reply Quote
Yeah 0 STR Archon Shoulder patterns on the NA gold Auction House. No one in any of the trade chats or anyone on my friends list has seen one drop. Can we get someone to look into this?
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Mulchvu

Archon Spaulders of Strength are looking like they don't exist.

Nah...friend found that off Kulle.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:41 PMPosted by BigDLips
Yeah 0 STR Archon Shoulder patterns on the NA gold Auction House. No one in any of the trade chats or anyone on my friends list has seen one drop. Can we get someone to look into this?

The GAH has been down for me since the patch. I just assumed it was out of fear of being overloaded. This post makes me question that though....
Reply Quote
If it makes all you crafting haters feel any better I crafted some razorspIkes with;

62str
223dex
125vit
48psnres
80allres
6%crit

It was on my 4th craft.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]