Diablo® III

Requesting feedback from Blizzard on itemization issue

I have serious issues with the current loot system in place in D3. I know a lot of you share that feeling. What frustates me the most is the complete silence treatment we get from Blizzard yet again. Before I begin I'd like to thank the people who wrote the posts I'm going to refer too. These are just a few recent posts I came across. There are many more. If you want yours included please say so, I'll be happy to summarize them here.

D3 Item Game: A Big Step Back - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811021590

Improving itemization; legends revamp - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415515028

Improving Legendaries - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6533034353

How to make Loot Fun - Potential of D3 - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582639

Excessive RNG feed the AH's? - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7861806207

See Blizzard, here's a perfect example of itemzation... - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7884748582

Please Decrease Drops and Improve Rolls instead. - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811652179

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization) - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004016367

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxOUxwkoLyw @ 5:20

Quote Jay Wilson: "Chests in Diablo 3 won't drop entire sets of armor, but we rigged this one so we could show of the most important part of the game. The LOOT!"

Quote Botulph the Miner (A3 merchant): "I love the feel of discovering some precious item buried for years, exquisite!"

Blizzard probably thought that by improving some legendaries, rolling affixes based on mlvl when playing MP1+ and improving the drop rates would fix the issues. Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem at all. Improving drop rate only prolongs the inevitable. You will hit the same wall of trash where you will get pretty much zero reward for the time invested. It has been said many times over. It's not the quantity but the quality of the loot that's the problem. The affix rolling based on mlvl isn't the fix either. The major problem is the huge randomness factor and the limited number of useful affixes.

For example, depending on which item you find you would try different builds. If I were to find the Thing of the Deep legendary Mojo, I'd be inclined to try a build involving the Grave Injustice passive. But how likely is that going to happen when I actually find it? Let's look at the stats.

Thing of the Deep
Off-Hand
Witch Doctor
Legendary Mojo
+28–(29–405) Damage
+150–169 Intelligence
+105–119 Maximum Mana (Witch Doctor Only)
Increases Mana Regeneration by 10–11 per Second (Witch Doctor Only)
Critical Hit Chance Increased by 8.0–8.5%
Increases Gold and Health Pickup by 20 Yards.
+2 Random Magic Properties

Ok, no real issues with adding some randomness with two affixes. It can be the icing on the cake. I do not have a problem with randomness. However too much of it is a bad thing for itemization. But wait... +28–(29–405) Damage. Are you serious Blizzard? First of all the odds of actually finding it your self are very low. It's likely to get a bad roll on this one, which unfortunately makes it worthless to use in Inferno. That's just one of the many legendaries that suffer from this problem. Why? Who came up with this? Just because I find a low Titan's in D2 does not mean it's worthless. Just because I find a low res Vipermagi in D2 does not mean it's worthless. Just because I find the lowest roll possible on a CoA in D2 does not mean it's worthless. I could name many more examples where those items with the worst rolls possible are items viable to use for end game in hell difficulty in D2.

Farming in D2 is fun!. I simply do not farm in D3 because it's extremely boring and frustrating. I used to do SoJ hunting @ NM Andariel in D2. It can be extremely boring as well. I knew it would take a long time to get the amount of SoJ's I wanted. However the really big difference here is small rewards in between that kept it interesting! I used to find all sorts of useful normal/exceptional uniques. For example Wizendraw. It's a normal difficulty bow! It's still viable in hell difficulty. Vipermagi also viable hell difficulty gear. Furthermore it did not matter if you got a bad roll on the items. It's useful no matter what! How how how how can you ignore this Blizzard? Why is it a good idea to frustrate us most of the time? I'm lost for words here.

Legendaries are supposed to be legendary, so make them LEGENDARY! There is pretty much nothing to get excited about when finding low level legendaries. It's ok if they're OP'ed for the level you're at. That's called fun! They should last for a decent amount of levels. Don't make end game legendaries BiS. Make high level legendaries unique in a sense that certain affix combinations can't spawn on rares. Be creative, make them funny to use, and also decent for end game. But make it so that any rare item type is able to roll with better overal stats than legendaries.

Now what do you do? You add more crafting plans that introduce even more randomness to the game. Now how many times do I need to craft before getting something worth using? A ridiculous amount when looking at it from a statistical viewpoint. You really need to add more useful affixes so more rares have the potential of being useful. So people have a choice between gear instead of forcing them into a specific set of affixes. The other thing that should be on your TODO list is adding a lot more legendary set and standalone items that are fun!

What does it take Blizzard for you to see that people keep addressing the issues with the loot system in place? Why do you think these threads keep popping up? Why are you not providing feedback? Are our concerns heard by the developers? Are there any plans on improving the loot system? Blizzard we'd like transparency!

I for one will continue to bump this thread on a daily basis as long as it takes for Blizzard to come out of the woodworks and interact with us. I am tired of the silence treatment.

A picture says more than a thousand words. Credits to the maker (whoever you are).

http://i.imgur.com/h6OUS.jpg
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 2/25/2013 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Quote Jay Wilson: "Chests in Diablo 3 won't drop entire sets of armor, but we rigged this one so we could show of the most important part of the game. The LOOT!"

I remember that quote when I first saw the reveal video back in 2008.

It seems like that version of D3 never existed because stuff that were present in that demo and related videos did not show up in the final game. The 2008 version had stuff like skill trees, enchanted weapons and socketing for the blacksmith.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/7/2013 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 03:04 AMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
What does it take Blizzard for you to see that people keep addressing the issues with the loot system in place? Why do you think these threads keep popping up? Why are you not providing feedback? Are our concerns heard by the developers? Are there any plans on improving the loot system? Blizzard we'd like transparency!

I agree completely. Players should be excited when legendary drops from monster, it shouldn't matter whether it was gloves or shield - when you see a beam of light, it should indicate something special. Make them more rare to drop, but useful; that's what community is asking for a while.
Reply Quote
I would not want to be an uber leet unkillable god from level 1 all the way to level 60 paragon level 100. Sorry but that would bore me to tears. I would not bother to play the game that would obviously have zero challenge.

Next as far as the issue of solving the problem with itemization. This is one thing that Blizz will handle in time. But you should know that they do not say anything unless they are sure that they will actually implement. They wait until they are almost 100% certain of it.

Also in most threads they know that putting a response has derailed a lot of threads. Due to the trolls that will tear their posts apart. Or it is derail to transforming from a good discussion into a discussion with the blue instead. They want to see how the thread develops. They take such like threads to the developers. They do not need to tell us about it at all.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:10 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I would not want to be an uber leet unkillable god from level 1 all the way to level 60 paragon level 100. Sorry but that would bore me to tears. I would not bother to play the game that would obviously have zero challenge.

I'm not implying you should be OP'ed from level 1 - 60 (100). When you find something special, it should be fun to use for a while for a character that can use it. And there's nothing wrong with being a little OP'ed for some levels during the journey to level 60. It's called fun. Besides you can choose weather to use it or not for those levels. Nobody's forcing you.

Next as far as the issue of solving the problem with itemization. This is one thing that Blizz will handle in time. But you should know that they do not say anything unless they are sure that they will actually implement. They wait until they are almost 100% certain of it.

Can you link to the source please where is actually said they will improve on the loot system and the legendaries currently available? Otherwise this is simply assuming Blizzard wil take the right direction with this game in terms of the loot system. Unfortunately I no longer have the trust that Blizzard will take the right direction.

Also in most threads they know that putting a response has derailed a lot of threads. Due to the trolls that will tear their posts apart. Or it is derail to transforming from a good discussion into a discussion with the blue instead. They want to see how the thread develops. They take such like threads to the developers. They do not need to tell us about it at all.

I'm not asking for a detailed report on what they're doing. The fact is that there has been zero interaction by the CM's on threads concerning the uninspired loot. Jay Wilson, the former game director of D3 even said it's considered one of the most important parts of the game. I'm not expecting things to be perfect within the next couple of patches. For know I'm okay with knowing that our concerns are taken seriously by them and if they're going to implement changes in the foreseeable future regarding the loot. Transparency and honesty is what a lot of people would like from Blizzard. I don't think that's too much too ask for.

I have no way of knowing those threads actually find their way to the developers. All we get is the CM's repeating the same thing over and over. We hear you and relay anything important to the developers. Well what exactly is that? Which threads are considered? Even if they don't feel like commenting yet, at least let them mark constructive threads as being monitored and that they're keeping a close eye on it. It would certainly stimulate people to actually provide constructive feedback. If people keep repeating themselves addressing the same concerns over and over without any way of knowing it's being taken seriously, eventually they just give up. Is that what Blizzard wants?
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 2/7/2013 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Play without auction house then you can claim you know something about itemization.

Blizzard surely won't balance items around those that feel the urge to compete in a PvE game. Grow some balls and play for fun not to brag with your dps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582639#1 my contribution.
Reply Quote
Oh please this again. I'm tired of people whining about this. We all play the same game. Then most everyone that whine about this is geared to the nines. The problem is they are not even looking for upgrades they are looking for something to sell. If they can't sell it then it is no good. I used the ah's so I do not expect an upgrade to drop. I hope but I am realistic about this, I may find something for my alts though. I don't want the game to drop good items like rain. I have just started farming keys, none yet but maybe today.

I'm a no AH player. I've never used the AH to buy or sell anything. All I have is self found. I'm constantly hoping to find upgrades for my toons. Geared to the nines? What? I hope you're kidding. I'm mediocre at best in terms of what I've found. Have you maybe considered there are actually people who want to play the game instead of the AH? Where is your assumption coming from that I want the really good stuff dropping from the sky? Where are the rest of your assumptions coming from?

I guess years of farming high end runes in D2 has hardened me in terms of farming. I see people say I played four hours and did not get a good drop. or even better I ran the sin run 4 times no great drop. Hello, we did meph runs, baal runs in sets of 50 or more. I'm talking real runs not the pally botted runs.

I play singleplayer only and I didn't need to farm for years to get high runes after the patch that increased drop rates. They're still very rare, but with knowledge you can get good results with ~10K legit runs. Sounds like it's pretty boring. But the big difference between D2 and D3 is that D2 makes it less frustrating, because you would find decent uniques, charms in between. So you wouldn't get mindnumbingly bored. I fail to see what you're trying to point out here.

As for drops lol In D2 I was giving away all those great drops people keep talking about every day in free drop games. By the time you reach the high levels you moved to enigma's and such. I'd keep maybe trang's gloves or such for my pally but all the rest was junk. After you fill 5 ladder accounts with it you can't give it away fast enough.

In all those years I found very few zods. You people whining don't have a clue about what rare really is.

Again you're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with having really rare items, like the high runes in D2. The point is the road to hitting the jackpot should include some smaller rewards to keep you interested. Again I fail to see the point you're trying to make.
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 2/7/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh please this again. I'm tired of people whining about this. We all play the same game. Then most everyone that whine about this is geared to the nines. The problem is they are not even looking for upgrades they are looking for something to sell. If they can't sell it then it is no good. I used the ah's so I do not expect an upgrade to drop. I hope but I am realistic about this, I may find something for my alts though. I don't want the game to drop good items like rain. I have just started farming keys, none yet but maybe today.

I guess years of farming high end runes in D2 has hardened me in terms of farming. I see people say I played four hours and did not get a good drop. or even better I ran the sin run 4 times no great drop. Hello, we did meph runs, baal runs in sets of 50 or more. I'm talking real runs not the pally botted runs.

As for drops lol In D2 I was giving away all those great drops people keep talking about every day in free drop games. By the time you reach the high levels you moved to enigma's and such. I'd keep maybe trang's gloves or such for my pally but all the rest was junk. After you fill 5 ladder accounts with it you can't give it away fast enough.

In all those years I found very few zods. You people whining don't have a clue about what rare really is.

You're completely clueless, as usual, DeadRu. What the OP is talking about is itemization value, not economical value. The fact randomization is so obsessively prevalent within this broken loot system accounts for everything frustrating about it. It's not about finding the high end stuff like rain, it's about itemization being coherent with the amount of effort dropped by someone. In many cases, a lot of people barely find anything even worth keeping. The way he described it as smaller rewards to keep you invested can't be more accurate. Instead, Blizzard decided to completely subtract these from the equation, forcing you to get such rewards from the auction house, which is boring as hell.

My characters are hardly geared properly, and i try to find stuff on my own without any success. Out of all the gear my DH has i've found like one of her rings on my own, and the rest has been scrapped off an awfully inflated economy designed to favor the ah tycoons. Even at the sub-par level of gearing my characters have, i still find it extremely difficult to find anything useful for them, because everything i find is complete and utter trash with no sense of proper itemization. That's the problem. When even someone as undergeared as me has a hard time finding anything useful to wear on a character (and even with enough value to gather some gold to buy decent stuff), that's a clear sign that something is wrong with the system, and a lot of people that used to play a lot have slacked nowadays as a consequence of this profiteering technique Blizzard has adopted. They know loot is bad, and they want it to be bad in order to keep the cash flowing. It's as simple as that. The system is designed to provide as little as possible, in order to funnel you into the auction house, whether you like it or not.

In D2 you could gear up a character in those "freebies" and still be able to have a lot of fun with the game, because those "garbage" items were very well designed, and the rng element only served to determine if they were "great" and not just "good enough" in many cases, instead of setting a clear line between 99% garbage, and 1% keepers. TBH, i don't even care if i never ever find a 100mill+ drop, as long as the ingame is properly tailored to provide an enjoyable experience, rather than being rigged to sustain an economy, sacrificing the magic of a loot-based ARPG in the name of profit like it has shamelessly been done so far.

Countless of posts asking for some sort of enlightenment around why loot is so bad, and all of them ignored. Instead, they chose to make stupid polls about silly nonsense instead of tackling the tough questions. This of course, may not even be their fault, because the dev team may not even have a voice regarding the poor choices made to focus on profit instead of gameplay quality. That beast may be as well be attributed to the greedy executives alone.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 2/7/2013 6:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:24 AMPosted by DeadRu
We all play the same game.

Yes we do, yet based on the sales of D3, the online population and the number of items in both the RMAH and GAH, about 1% of the games population controls the item flow.

Then most everyone that whine about this is geared to the nines.

I have decent gear, not great, I dont whine about it, neither is the OP or the countless other that have brought up the issue, there has been no whining, only asking, asking for someone to address our legit issues with the most important aspect of the game.

The problem is they are not even looking for upgrades they are looking for something to sell.

Looking to sell items for the most part is how people have to upgrade, because the RNG system is sooo poorly designed, the chances of getting upgrades without interacting with the RMAH or GAH is unlikely, thus you need items to sell for either gold or money to buy item for either gold or money to upgrade...vicious circle.

If they can't sell it then it is no good.

Thats generally how the items work, if you cant use them, or if you dont have a alt that can use them, if you cant sell them for gold or money, then, yes, their no good.

I used the ah's so I do not expect an upgrade to drop.

I dont expect a upgrade to drop anyways, its foolish to think that it will.
Thats the way the game is designed, to force players to use the RMAH or GAH if they want to upgrade, as it is not feasible to think one can upgrade themselves.

I don't want the game to drop good items like rain.

None of us non-trolls do, thats never even been a suggestion in any other threads in responce to the randomness of the games item quality, however a little consistancy would be nice.

I guess years of farming high end runes in D2 has hardened me in terms of farming.

I farmed high end runes in D2 also, only racked up 7 ZODS in nearly a decade.
However, I also got items like Windforce, Grandfather Blades, Stormshields, set items and so on making runs productive even if I did not happen to get the ruins I was after. That does not happen in D3, you either get something or nothing...usually, nothing.

I see people say I played four hours and did not get a good drop. or even better I ran the sin run 4 times no great drop. Hello, we did meph runs, baal runs in sets of 50 or more. I'm talking real runs not the pally botted runs.

I played for 14 hours non stop about 60-70 act 3 runs on my last day off, I racked up 3 legendary drops in that entire time, all of which were trash because the stats rolled made them pointless, as their primary stat was for the wrong class that would use the item. RNG FTW...*rolls eyes*

As for drops lol In D2 I was giving away all those great drops people keep talking about every day in free drop games.

I was giving away loads of stuff too back in D2, which was nice to have that option...some people were actually being nice and helpful and would promote helping people out that were new to the game or that had just made new characters...in D3 however, things are so rare, if someone offers you a handout, you better get on your knees and pray because a miracle happened.

You people whining don't have a clue about what rare really is.

Again, no one is whining, and we all know what rare really is...any item in D3 that is actually good, since 99%+ of the drops are trash RNG mods and the rest either find their way to the RMAH or GAH, and less likely, get equipped.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:01 AMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
Can you link to the source please where is actually said they will improve on the loot system and the legendaries currently available? Otherwise this is simply assuming Blizzard wil take the right direction with this game in terms of the loot system. Unfortunately I no longer have the trust that Blizzard will take the right direction.

Look Mr Watson it is simple logic. They know that the itemization still sucks big time. They know that their fix to legendaries is not good enough. They have talked about changing how the affix thorns on our gear works so it can be competitive with the rest of the affixes. So they know what is going on. They are no doubt discussing it right now

I'm not asking for a detailed report on what they're doing. The fact is that there has been zero interaction by the CM's on threads concerning the uninspired loot. Jay Wilson, the former game director of D3 even said it's considered one of the most important parts of the game. I'm not expecting things to be perfect within the next couple of patches. For know I'm okay with knowing that our concerns are taken seriously by them and if they're going to implement changes in the foreseeable future regarding the loot. Transparency and honesty is what a lot of people would like from Blizzard. I don't think that's too much too ask for.

I have no way of knowing those threads actually find their way to the developers. All we get is the CM's repeating the same thing over and over. We hear you and relay anything important to the developers. Well what exactly is that? Which threads are considered? Even if they don't feel like commenting yet, at least let them mark constructive threads as being monitored and that they're keeping a close eye on it. It would certainly stimulate people to actually provide constructive feedback. If people keep repeating themselves addressing the same concerns over and over without any way of knowing it's being taken seriously, eventually they just give up. Is that what Blizzard wants?

Now hear this CM's you must mark every thread and every post that you will be taking to the developers. Mark them by posting in those threads and replying to those posts regardless of the outcome. Because we as players will not be able to use our brains to figure out what posts are making it to the developers and what ones are not. We are too stupid to figure that out for ourselves. Blizz this is what must be done or you will get zero feedback.

Also go the extra mile. Have a taped meetings and post the results for all to listen to here on the official website. So you can be there in the meetings. Because we are to dumb to figure out just how seriously they are taking our feedback.
Reply Quote

You're missing the point. It's not about that.

However rare, D2 had interesting item, decently statted (still random) items, and decent uniques and legendaries from the first level. How many legendaries did you find leveling to 60? Across three maxed characters, I found two, and both were worthless.

Yes, the higher you got in D2 the less likely it was that you would find a good item on any given drop, but it was still reasonable. In D3, across three characters (chosen so each had a different attack stat,) I thought I had a decent chance that a drop someone would want would drop on someone. That was pretty much laughable by mid-nightmare, and I had to use the AH. Not out of greed, or bravado, or blood-lust, but just to stay in line with the challenges.

Now, you can compare D2 Hell to D3 Inferno, but only since paragon levels were added. "Max level" was a difficult goal in D2 and max paragon level is a difficult goal in D3. The real goal is the item grind. The first difference is that nearly every unique or set in D2 was useful to some class or build, so even if you got one that wasn't stellar, you could probably trade it. In D3, most roll poorly and are trash.

The second difference--and maybe you think this is good, or bad--different areas in D2 Hell were slightly different monster levels, and if you were well-learned you could know where to farm certain world drops that were based on mlevel. Bosses dropped certain items as well so you could know who to farm for other items.

In D3, anyone can drop anything. I've gotten legendaries from trash mobs; I got my first from an act boss (Azmodan, a garbage Windforce) yesterday. While this means every kill could potentially be something, it also means you can never actually farm for something particular.
Reply Quote

You set up a straw man argument. This is simply not the case in D2 or any other ARPG out on the market. Actually, there is one exception....D3. In D3, you are basically an unkillable god until you hit Inferno or, for the less experienced players, Hell.

Forum poster Sol has a great thread the discusses the major issues with itemization, including some terrific points (backed with data) about how the loot progression and design fails completely in this game. I suggest checking it out.
Reply Quote
Look Mr Watson it is simple logic. They know that the itemization still sucks big time. They know that their fix to legendaries is not good enough. They have talked about changing how the affix thorns on our gear works so it can be competitive with the rest of the affixes. So they know what is going on. They are no doubt discussing it right now

It would be the logical approach for a lot of people who dislike how things are going now. I however don't trust Blizzard anymore to take the logical approach. They also have done nothing worthwhile to earn back that trust. Let's keep it at that.

Now hear this CM's you must mark every thread and every post that you will be taking to the developers. Mark them by posting in those threads and replying to those posts regardless of the outcome. Because we as players will not be able to use our brains to figure out what posts are making it to the developers and what ones are not. We are too stupid to figure that out for ourselves. Blizz this is what must be done or you will get zero feedback.

Also go the extra mile. Have a taped meetings and post the results for all to listen to here on the official website. So you can be there in the meetings. Because we are to dumb to figure out just how seriously they are taking our feedback.

Yeah go ahead, joke all you want. They must have threads of interest they tagged to keep an eye on without actually posting in them. There is NOTHING wrong by visually showing us that they did. I'm not talking about posting in the thread on a regular basis. It could encourage people to share their thoughts in that thread.

It happens way too often that good threads get derailed by haters/trolls, which in turn causes the thread to get locked because the discussion gets out of hand. This frustrates people who want to provide feedback in a constructive manner. Knowing your thread is being taken seriously (again not everyone shares your trust in Blizzard what is logical or not) will be extra incentive to just ignore haters/trolls.

Blizzard continues to add more randomness to this game instead of even attempting to start and fix the real issue. First the Hellfire ring and now the new crafting recipes, ignoring what desperately needs fixing. This is what we get. What we don't get is assurance. Assurance that our concerns are heard and It seems they're still determined to follow the same path.

I vote for the "Ask the Devs" Round 2: The loot system
Reply Quote
You're missing the point. It's not about that.

However rare, D2 had interesting item, decently statted (still random) items, and decent uniques and legendaries from the first level. How many legendaries did you find leveling to 60? Across three maxed characters, I found two, and both were worthless.

Now hear this Blizz you have to add legendaries. Then make them drop with great rolls where everyone is decked out head to to in nothing but legendaries. Make it snappy chop chop.

Look in D2 I was doing good if I had more than two uniques on me at a time. Most of the time I got no good uniques because what I had on me was way better than what I had found. It was not even good for any other character that I was currently playing. But again different experiences for different players.

That was because when I found a unique I was already a good 10 levels or more ahead of the required level. There were only a few lucky set drops that came in around the proper level. Artic Furs was only one of a small handful that did come in and was useful.

02/07/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Japhasca
Yes, the higher you got in D2 the less likely it was that you would find a good item on any given drop, but it was still reasonable. In D3, across three characters (chosen so each had a different attack stat,) I thought I had a decent chance that a drop someone would want would drop on someone. That was pretty much laughable by mid-nightmare, and I had to use the AH. Not out of greed, or bravado, or blood-lust, but just to stay in line with the challenges.

I have never used the AH to gear my characters while leveling. That is unless you are saying that you must have all of your gear at the same level you are. So every level you are buying gear. No wonder players like you are broke. Heck I got some of my upgrades while leveling from the in game vendors. There was one necklace that I got somewhere around late nightmare to early hell that had well over 200 strength. It also had something else that was good, but I forgot what it was.

I have only used the auction house to gear up for inferno. Not normal to hell. If you are doing that then IMO you are doing something wrong. Sure you just might have to do it if you are playing hardcore. But there is another way of getting around that as well. Just keep playing in one area until your leveling slows down to a crawl. So you are staying way ahead of the level of the mobs.

02/07/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Mendacium

You set up a straw man argument. This is simply not the case in D2 or any other ARPG out on the market. Actually, there is one exception....D3. In D3, you are basically an unkillable god until you hit Inferno or, for the less experienced players, Hell.

Forum poster Sol has a great thread the discusses the major issues with itemization, including some terrific points (backed with data) about how the loot progression and design fails completely in this game. I suggest checking it out.

I am simply replying to the spirit of the post and what it makes me feel. When someone basically says that Blizz should not care if were are OP'd at all. Then what else am I to think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's natural for the players to always want the game to drop more loot for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]