Name #1 reason you bought D3

Time Played on Diablo 2:
67,000+ hours

Time Played on Diablo 3:
150 hours

Kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it...
02/07/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Uber
Diablo 2
Mainly Diablo 1 & Diablo 2... And also all other excellent games Blizzard North produced.
Edited by Uluch#2804 on 2/8/2013 4:12 PM PST
My wife told me to
Diablo 2
good graphics, cool weps, no 15 buck monthly fee.
I played D2 for several joyous years, after which I stopped playing all computer games because I became a father and couldn't justify the amount of my free time that was required to play the type of games I like.

Ten years later, my kids have their own interests. And my cousin, with whom I played many hours of D2 with, convinced me to buy D3.

I've enjoyed playing D3, but it is nowhere near as much fun as D2 was.
  • Too little to do.
  • Too few char builds that are viable (just look at Wizards--- almost everyone in inferno is playing the same build and to some degree, all the chars suffer from this problem).
  • The real inability to really customize a char w/ skills and abilities and create something really original and VIABLE in D3 -- in D2 I played bowazon, javazon, jabazon; ice monks, speed monks; and Fire, Ice, & Melee Sorceress' that were all fun and different. Makes no sense to do so in D3, you might change a skill or two but it will basically be the same build to remain viable in Inferno.
  • Low legendary and (especially) set item drop rates for average/casual players unless you're willing to do lots of dedicated --BLITZKRIEG-- treasure runs (not fun for me).
    I have six lvl 60 chars; more than a 1000hrs of play time and have found 3 set pieces and less than 25 legendary items and most of those were found w/ one char that has had 300+mf for most of the finds. That one char has found all but ONE of legendary/set items.

Only 4 players allowed in a game; no pvp; no ability to find public monster power lvl games (just ridiculously STUPID!!), etc.. etc.. I could go on, but you get the point.

D3 is fun, but a terrible disappointment overall. If I actually played other PC games as I did at the time of D2, I'd be done w/ D3 -- completely.
Edited by lunaticprpht#1762 on 2/8/2013 4:32 PM PST
The hype!
Because it looked like (and is currently) an awesome game
Diablo 2
Diablo 2, never again
Diablo 2 sequel.. but it wasn't :(
Edited by Edmilan#1320 on 2/8/2013 5:08 PM PST
02/08/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Mordinn
Diablo 2, never again
Diablo 2
Diablo 2
02/08/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Shock2k12
Sure I know its the guys upstairs fault, but they should come out and say it. Take full responsibility and stop letting ppl cr@p on Jay Wilson. I saw the video of the game he made. It is not the version we are playing... It remained true to Diablo's gothic sense, by the items dropped we know it had runes, different kinds of potion etc. The loot system was likely what it should've been.

I would like point out that the first version Jay showed was mostly the work of the former team that wanted to go there own way and make a true Diablo sequel but were told change what the essence of diablo was and had refused to do so.
Diablo 2
Hate to be redundant, but Diablo 2 was my favorite game of all time for 4 years.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]