Diablo® III

Hardcore Characters and Account Rollbacks Update

View profile

• Hardcore characters were never intended to be revived or undeleted by an account rollback. Bringing Hardcore characters back to life via rollback really isn't in the spirit of Hardcore (where death is permanent, no matter the circumstances).

Hardcore characters were never intended to die to a DC or a game crash either. But that's what happened to mine, quite a double standard you have.

LOL

You haven't played HC until you've had a DC death or 3. Get over it or go back to SC.
Reply Quote
can't wait for patch
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 11:01 AMPosted by RottingSoul
i sure hope it's a hell of a lot better than the PTR version....

I loled
Reply Quote
This is good, thanks. Makes the achievements in HC more worthwhile.
Reply Quote
LOL! Can't believe that these bitter ex-D3 players are using PoE as leverage.

Go. Away.
Reply Quote
Im sorry but you are not a hardcore player if you cant handle a DC death. They also dont happen as often as people like to claim. I have had ONE DC death since release. Its not a big issue, the servers are very stable. They can't prevent all DCs as the most common cause of a DC is on the USERS END not on Blizzards end.

Im glad they are changing the rollback system. Thank you Blizzard.

The rarity of DCs is not the issue here, it's how the game handles them. I agree with you on one point, the most common cause of the DC is the users end. Yes, DCs happen and Blizzard cannot prevent them. The problem lies in the character exit timer mechanic, in that it leaves your character in game for upwards of 30 seconds to basically ensure you die.

Consider this scenario, which actually happened to our group recently. Our group CM wizzard says on mumble "my game just crashed". He's in the middle of a pack in MP4, as CM wizzards are, and his character sits there for 10 seconds, taking damage. He's still OK, and the game finally recognizes that he's crashed, and says he left the game. However his character REMAINS in the game for another 15 seconds, and dies. We literally have a screenshot of it saying "account has left the game" followed by "character has been slain". How does that make ANY sense at all? Why would you be able to die after you crashed and left the game?

This isn't anything new, it's a common story. Pretty much anyone who has been in the HC community long enough has seen it, and knows it's a terrible mechanic that needs fixing. It is not debatable.
Edited by Mondo#1150 on 2/11/2013 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Patch 1.0.7 is currently scheduled to release tomorrow in all regions...

Edited by Lylirra on 2/11/2013 10:12 AM PST

It is 'tomorrow' now, WHERE IS THE PATCH !?
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 12:52 AMPosted by TóthBéla
Patch 1.0.7 is currently scheduled to release tomorrow in all regions...

was wondering the same thing, there's no "maintenance update" on login screen, nothing saying it's going to update, is this one big troll post to see if they think they will actually care. i think so.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 01:23 AMPosted by BadHabits

was wondering the same thing, there's no "maintenance update" on login screen, nothing saying it's going to update, is this one big troll post to see if they think they will actually care. i think so.

I bet they will patch tonight. They allways patch on mid week. Maybe our little Lylirra posted it 1 day too soon :-)

Patience boys and girl... at least just 1 more day
Reply Quote
Aaaaaah, I am raging! It is tomorrow now! Where is the patch! You promised us the patch today! Noooo.. it is still not heere and I want it now! I demand it! *cry*
Reply Quote
Does this mean they fixed the random lag and client crashes?
Reply Quote
Well, now we only need permanent death in BRAWLS. This sucks with no perma death. We are playing hc we want permanent death
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Toad
no roll-back for HC is great, but there should be some type of automatic immunity for characters when disconnect or lag is an issue.

Agree -- also when VOTE to KICK. Player should become immune to attack. Put an end to PK abuse.
Reply Quote
hey blizz why the haste
you releasing the patch tomorrow duh, why u don't wait few years set back and relax

This is hilarious, but in all honesty, WTF Blizzard, you guys feeling okay? o.o
Edited by Catfish#1694 on 2/12/2013 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly 6 of my 9 deaths have been to dc , server issues, and Diablo 3 game crashes (due to certain elite packs). It's BS that Blizz expects HC players to continute to play with such a crappy dc system. I take full responsibility for my 3 chars that died due to my play mistakes, but its inevitable that a char will DC in HC with hundreds of hours played. Until they fix this it makes true HC players think the game is crap. I Froze to a certain elite pack at plvl 74 and lived thanks to a OP group I was with, but had that not been the case I would have died again.

All I'm saying is that there is no reason to play D3 hc at a high level unless you plan on dying because Blizz thinks people will exploit the instant exit ability. I for one have died in Path of Exile multiple times and they allow instant exit. I've invested too much time and gold in D3 to lose it all to a PoS DC system Blizz has in place. Even some of the passive don't even support hardcore like the Demon Hunter's passive for explosion on death. They just slapped HC on and didn't even think about supporting it. Until Blizz fixes this there is no reason to play this abomination of a game.

Lol.. Im only playing Hardcore. I died twice, the first time i died i lost 231hours Due to a major bug in the game ( invisible dune stinger projectiles ) they killed my wizard in patch 1.01. I got it all recorded. Blizzard didnt make a !@#$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SqbK2JCPLE

Np from me. But please, we need permanent death in hardcore brawls ( or everywhere else on HARDCORE )
Reply Quote
Hardcore Inferno Diablo killer here - I fully welcome this change to rollbacks! Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]