Diablo® III

Can someone please explain locust swarm.

PSH Piss me off?! No way it's game it's supposed to be fun...and running by chests without opening is a crime in my book! That's like leaving Christmas presents wrapped lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
just fyi I believe locusts received a small ninja buff in 1.07. it seems that when I hit the locust button it will always fire now, where as before if I was pressing other buttons at the same time or if my wd was still in the middle of another attack animation when I pressed locust button he would often not cast locusts at all.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 05:45 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
it seems that when I hit the locust button it will always fire now, where as before if I was pressing other buttons at the same time or if my wd was still in the middle of another attack animation when I pressed locust button he would often not cast locusts at all.

Hmmm so LS doesn't take up an "attack turn" now? That certainly opens up some new possibilities, as I always love attacks that keep attacking while I can do something else (hence Spiders), plus if the mana regen is good enough, I can swap out another passive.

02/12/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Brahm
It works really really well if you actually take the time to learn the nuances. I'd be happy to show you in game any time, just add me.

Brahm or Chuck:
If you guys are running LS with a Bear spec still, add me in game. I am always open to check out and test new ideas, and would love to see and have the nuances explained. I can see it being great against large mobs of weaker enemies, but how does it fare against small groups of high health enemies, like Elites? Would casting Bears again give you more damage in the window of time you spent casting Locust? EddardStark#1833.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 2/13/2013 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
it still takes up an attack turn but I feel like now it reserves its spot in line instead of just canceling when other stuff was still going on.

I tweeked my farming build yesterday as I did at least 30 gohm runs for the new plans. Im using devouring swarm mainly for the mana and I can do mp7 at the speed I used to do mp1
Reply Quote
I love LS, but I don't use it

1. Can't justify removing another better spell (for me) from my bar
2. Crappy LoH (only when it jumps, not when it ticks).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]