Diablo® III

PVP BEWARE PERMANENT DEATH !

:( this is kind pathetic but honestly this has been around since d2. It is posted clearly and u sign a waver that no matter what or whose fault it is they will not resotre characters. It just sux that they tell you something is safe and it isnt...
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks all. We're working on a hotfix for this right now and hope to have it tested and deployed as soon as possible. (In the meantime, we've also added this bug to our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909591041"]known issues list[/url] for 1.0.7 to help spread awareness. It's listed under "Brawling.")

Can you explain why this wasn't fixed before releasing 1.0.7? I mean it was staring Blizzard in the face over at the PTR bug report forum.

Permanent Hardcore Death from PvP - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810092452
Dueling death in town? - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592912676

It was even acknowledged by a CM that it should've been fixed with a patch on the PTR in http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592912676#7

Do you people communicate with eachother?
Any good explaination as to why it wasn't fixed before releasing the patch?
Reply Quote
Bump;

1. Patchnotes say that HC characters cannot die in PVP zone
2. PTR bug report has already addressed and fixed this issue and debuffed and brought players to full health exiting the PVP zone
3. Please Blizzard - for once dont try and get away with a 'sucks for you' excuse... This is obviously your fault the VERY LEAST you can do is APOLOGISE. You just say "thank you", I mean wtf is that. If someone slams a door in your face and says "thank you" to you right after it - what would be your impression of this person? mm?
Reply Quote
hahaha this is so funny :)

"Thanks all." (for your stupidity and your money)
Reply Quote
why would you seriously play hc in a game that makes its money off sc they dont care about hc they wont ever fix things that kill hc chars unfairly like server stability slow DC of chars or even properly fix bugs reported on ptr as far as they are concerned you are free loaders go play POE or D2 or some other game where you can get a hardcore experience that isnt just too stupid for words
Reply Quote
Blizzard custumer service is so damn bad, i feel bad for this guy losing his HC char to a bug that was reported on the PTR and blizzard cant even apologize. Keep up the good work blizzard, remember jay post i think he meant that for you.
Reply Quote
thanks for the heads up. i was unaware.
Reply Quote
Bump;

1. Patchnotes say that HC characters cannot die in PVP zone
2. PTR bug report has already addressed and fixed this issue and debuffed and brought players to full health exiting the PVP zone
3. Please Blizzard - for once dont try and get away with a 'sucks for you' excuse... This is obviously your fault the VERY LEAST you can do is APOLOGISE. You just say "thank you", I mean wtf is that. If someone slams a door in your face and says "thank you" to you right after it - what would be your impression of this person? mm?

They don't care. It's number crunching for them nothing more. Maybe a handful of people lost their HC toon over this. Therefore they couldn't care less. If this had happened on a large scale than Blizzard wouldn't have taken the risk of bad publicity. In that case scenario they would've restored the lost HC toons to negate the risk.

The thing that angers me is that they continue to hide behind their "oh so convenient" policy. It didn't happen to me, but I can certainly understand the frustration of those that have. They don't care if you lose your character because of their bugs. In fact there was a problem with invisible dune wasp bugs that could hit you without seeing them. People losing their HC toon over that also got the finger from Blizzard.

What makes this case stronger is that they explicitly mentioned HC toons could not be permanently killed when PvP'ing. Because of their incompetence they can. Blizzard are you going to continue to cowardly hide behind your convenient policy or are you going to actually help the people who lost their HC toon over this?
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 2/14/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
Maybe a handful of people lost their HC toon over this. Therefore they couldn't care less.

Im from holland, we have an expression for these things, freely translated;

Who does not honor the small things is not worthy of the big things.

(Or in native; Wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd)

This kind of applies here.

It's disrespectful what they do. They deserve all the hate posts and flames people throw at them, I don't even think anymore why someone can have such hate against them [Blizzard]. It completely makes sense when you see a chain of issues like this one in this post.

@Bio; I hope they restore your account & apologize.
@CM in this post; you should do your job and do some community management. Escalate this issue and get the account restored. You want less hate against you? Work for it. You are suppose to help (manage) the community as well.....
Reply Quote
They won't get you account back that is for sure. In a way, when you click '' I accept '', you clearly click on ''whatever happen, bug or not, I will not be revived''.

This still suck big time. Feel's like a landmine. BOOM, someone over there died from party kick, better avoid that, BOOM, someone over there died to some bug, better avoid that. BOOM, pvp death, better avoid that...
Reply Quote
Op, have you tried to call customer support in getting your character back. Reguardless of what you accepted in the creation of your character, if the company promised you something, announced it to the world, then because they goofed you die in an area where the company said you can't, you should be revived for that.
Reply Quote
I cant stop laughing! This is truly insane. Love how a bug like that, that was in the PTR and reported, got through to live. Why do people still play this game? Blizzard truly does not care.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Kyosji
Op, have you tried to call customer support in getting your character back. Reguardless of what you accepted in the creation of your character, if the company promised you something, announced it to the world, then because they goofed you die in an area where the company said you can't, you should be revived for that.

They promised he would not die in Arena. He did not, he died in town.

And when you click accept, you accept even the fact that they can delete your toon just for the sheer fun of it, so don't give OP hope that he will get his char back, he won't. They don't want everybody complaining to them after : REZ ME, HAD A BUG LIKE THAT ONE GUY.
Reply Quote
I'm sure they have their share of laughs everyday at the office at the bug hardcore deaths, that they'll never roll back of course because that's why its funny.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Occy
Why do people still play this game?

Because the gameplay is better than PoE currently (Grim Dawn has some promise though, gave to that kickstart project)

Blizzard -should- resolve this in a fair manner, and that fair manner is not saying "screw you," it would be rolling back the character.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks all. We're working on a hotfix for this right now and hope to have it tested and deployed as soon as possible. (In the meantime, we've also added this bug to our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909591041"]known issues list[/url] for 1.0.7 to help spread awareness. It's listed under "Brawling.")

I dont see it listed, is it fixed? Or is it one of these "If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list."

Step the hell up and revive the heroes that are falling to this previously reported on the PTR bug.
Reply Quote
Yea 1.07 !@#$ed over my monk as well, don't try calling its a waste of time, blizzard clearly doesnt give a %^-*, i cancelled my subs for there other products. They clearly dont give a !@#$ and even admitted it was a known issue, but i agree with Bio, tell me it was your fault in blue, dont just pick an automated message to respond. I can see not restoring something when they realize it a lie or found proof otherwise, but when then know its they fault.... Come on you worthless pieces of %^-*.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]