( •_•) Looks like you...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) ...iced your grill.

just this
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 07:00 AMPosted by AnHiLaToR
who needs gems...

+1

lol someone was short on Gold and sold all his Gems and got new amy :D , Grats man , how much did you get it ?
Edited by CharlesDur#1834 on 2/13/2013 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
who needs gems...

+1

lol someone was short on Gold and sold all his Gems and got new amy :D , Grats man , how much did you get it ?

Lol I didn't realize he had to sell his gems! It was only 1.8bil but that's all nothing too excessive! The amulet is one sick one though.
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 2/13/2013 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I remember when I had to do that to get my Lacunis back in the day. Selling those gems for the next DPS fix....felt like a crack addict!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 08:57 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
I remember when I had to do that to get my Lacunis back in the day. Selling those gems for the next DPS fix....felt like a crack addict!

Lol it's a bad habit man what had this game done to us?!! =p
Reply Quote

Believe you me, that number is more disturbing to me than to you.

Also, when I saw your marquise's in every armor slot, I kind of went:

( •_•) Looks like you...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) ...iced your grill.

Lol literally just went broke upgrading all my gems just got the amethyst out of the way too. 153k elites good lord I'm pretty sure he/she takes the cookie on this one!

Mr. Nasty and other Monks, it looks like the marquis emerald is the choice for one-handed weapons, why not the ruby? I have seen many Monks stack on average dmg on other equipment, why not the weapon as well? I gained over 20k dps on my DH with Calamity + marquis ruby. I am checking D3up, but the dps calculations are kinda messy right now.

Thanks all!
Reply Quote
Mr. Nasty and other Monks, it looks like the marquis emerald is the choice for one-handed weapons, why not the ruby? I have seen many Monks stack on average dmg on other equipment, why not the weapon as well? I gained over 20k dps on my DH with Calamity + marquis ruby. I am checking D3up, but the dps calculations are kinda messy right now.

Thanks all!

usually with higher CC the extra CD is greater then the average dmg
Reply Quote
View profile
I have too much alts to get maxx level gems in each slot. y u do dis 5mill unsocket.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 09:18 AMPosted by XxMOOSExX
I have seen many Monks stack on average dmg on other equipment, why not the weapon as well?

If you dual wield, average damage on jewelery affects both weapons. Rubies only affect the weapon they are put in but emeralds affect both weapons.

If you use a shield, you're a bit starved for CD%. You almost always have a bunch of CC% (up +10% from the shield) so 110% CD tends to be the better choice.

If you wield a Skorn, you have a higher base weapon damage, so rubies are relatively less effective than in smaller weapons.

Basically, the math tends to work out that for those who can afford top-level gems, the emerald usually gives more damage.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 2/13/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Thanks all!

usually with higher CC the extra CD is greater then the average dmg

Yep, marquis red = + 685 dps
marquis green = 1670 dps

on current build

thanks H00K!!
Reply Quote
OP

Nice gems. Man, you did it fast.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Zeriel
For weapons it's an obvious no-brainer, the cost of a Marquise is rather tiny compared to actual gear upgrades once you approach the 200K DPS barrier.

I don't buy anything off the AH, but is that really true? For example, I'm looking at MrNastyTime's monk:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrNastyTime-1577/hero/23004545

Without the marquise, I see 49.5% and +402% CHD, which means that the marquise is worth roughly 1.66%:

x 4.02
= 1.9899
+ 1
= 2.9899

x 4.12
= 2.0394
+ 1
= 3.0394

3.0394 ÷ 2.9899 = 1.0166

Does a 3K paper DPS upgrade for a 185K paper DPS character really cost 20M in new gold? If so: yeesh!
Reply Quote
View profile
For weapons it's an obvious no-brainer, the cost of a Marquise is rather tiny compared to actual gear upgrades once you approach the 200K DPS barrier.

I don't buy anything off the AH, but is that really true? For example, I'm looking at MrNastyTime's monk:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrNastyTime-1577/hero/23004545

Without the marquise, I see 49.5% and +402% CHD, which means that the marquise is worth roughly 1.66%:

x 4.02
= 1.9899
+ 1
= 2.9899

x 4.12
= 2.0394
+ 1
= 3.0394

3.0394 ÷ 2.9899 = 1.0166

Does a 3K paper DPS upgrade for a 185K paper DPS character really cost 20M in new gold? If so: yeesh!

Well it's 20 mil plus the 3 radiant stars and AH last night had them at 29m so I bought some off jsp at 27.5m because I didn't want to sit there all night and craft them up and buy the mats.

@jco

It was a long night lol but after gathering a few I saw they were selling the demonic essences somehow so I just bought the rest after 3 am
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 2/13/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP

Nice gems. Man, you did it fast.

thats what she said :P

02/13/2013 10:28 AMPosted by MrNastyTime
It was a long night lol but after gathering a few I saw they were selling the demonic essences somehow so I just bought the rest after 3 am

who was?
Reply Quote
View profile
@H00K

There's a ton if people selling it on jsp for 100k I'm sure prices will drop but there's some glitch going on that let's you pick it up when they drop it idk how long it'll work though.
Reply Quote
If you have Radiant Star's already the upgrade is minimal so nope, not a 'necessary' upgrade even if u have the gold to spend. However, the weapon slots is another story, I think eventually for the regular gamers (who spend a lot of time on the game) that's going to be a must.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Supes
If you have Radiant Star's already the upgrade is minimal so nope, not a 'necessary' upgrade even if u have the gold to spend. However, the weapon slots is another story, I think eventually for the regular gamers (who spend a lot of time on the game) that's going to be a must.

But they look so pretty!
Reply Quote

actually i removed all of my gems this morning and was about the craft marquise when i realize i only had 4 Demonic Essences... damn. i need 70!
Reply Quote

actually i removed all of my gems this morning and was about the craft marquise when i realize i only had 4 Demonic Essences... damn. i need 70!

I did the same last night, I grabbed all my stashed gems, unsocketed some from my alt and ran all the way (in act 1!) over to the jeweler and realized, I needed 10 for each gem.

I'll upgrade mine eventually but 5 gems with only a +4 on each... 20 dex can wait. Getting 3 for my weapons is enough for me for now, well as far as emeralds are concerned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]