Diablo® III

Upgrading gems inevitable?

02/13/2013 08:08 AMPosted by CharlesDur
who needs gems...

+1

lol someone was short on Gold and sold all his Gems and got new amy :D , Grats man , how much did you get it ?

charles that ammy is a dupe ammy? i think puddinghead has the exact one...???

damn dupers :(
Reply Quote
dupers? where??? got my 1st marquise finally. took 30 elite packs to get 10 DE's... drop rates suck man.

i propose 100% drops on MP10!

^ +1
Reply Quote
Did the two weapons for about 3k dps upgrade each, but I think doing the armor would only be about 350 dps upgrade...that's alot for an additional 70m or so. If I upgraded all of the armor for 350m I'd only get 1650 dps. Pretty sure I can still find more than 1650 dps for 350m...
Reply Quote
View profile
dupers? where??? got my 1st marquise finally. took 30 elite packs to get 10 DE's... drop rates suck man.

i propose 100% drops on MP10!

^ +1

Lol I got tired of farming for them at 3 in the morning so just bought whatever I needed left the glitch is still working to be able to pick someone else's up. They were only 100k last night people are selling them for 300k today that's a big jump.
Reply Quote
Please let me get this straight for crafting Marquise Gems. I was planning t craft an emerald.

Recipe:
-3 Radiant Star Gems
-10 Demonic Essences
- 20 Million Gold

5 million to unsocket

So based on current AH prices, 75 million or so to craft an Emerald Marquis to gain 10% CD? Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
View profile
Please let me get this straight for crafting Marquise Gems. I was planning t craft an emerald.

Recipe:
-3 Radiant Star Gems
-10 Demonic Essences
- 20 Million Gold

5 million to unsocket

So based on current AH prices, 75 million or so to craft an Emerald Marquis to gain 10% CD? Am I missing something?

Nope you basically summed it all up but hey it's a big 10%!! =p

Looks like jsp is closing all threads trading the demonic essence though so idk if that means they still work or not.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
For weapons it's an obvious no-brainer, the cost of a Marquise is rather tiny compared to actual gear upgrades once you approach the 200K DPS barrier.

I don't buy anything off the AH, but is that really true? For example, I'm looking at MrNastyTime's monk:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrNastyTime-1577/hero/23004545

Without the marquise, I see 49.5% and +402% CHD, which means that the marquise is worth roughly 1.66%:

Does a 3K paper DPS upgrade for a 185K paper DPS character really cost 20M in new gold? If so: yeesh!

It's actually much worse than that. Currently an upgrade of 7K DPS costs me somewhere in the realm of 230M. Do the math. Gems are a lot cheaper.
Reply Quote
View profile
It's actually much worse than that. Currently an upgrade of 7K DPS costs me somewhere in the realm of 230M. Do the math. Gems are a lot cheaper.

I wish I could find any kind of upgrade for 230m everything is literally atleast 500m damn my SnB build!

Damn auto correct strikes again!
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 2/13/2013 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Recipe:
-3 Radiant Star Gems
-10 Demonic Essences
- 20 Million Gold

5 million to unsocket

damn, it will cost me 40m to gain 20% cd on both my weapon, and only 5.5k dps gain...
it is a-w-e-s-o-m-e ... (quippy)
Reply Quote
View profile
@Edmericanpie

It's going to cost 40m PLUS 6 radiant stars to get that 20% crit damage.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 06:38 PMPosted by MrNastyTime

I wish I could find any kind of upgrade for 230m everything is literally atleast 500m damn my SnB build!

Damn auto correct strikes again!

Well upgrades I actually want (maintain AS/dex) are in the 500m-1B range, yeah.
Reply Quote
I spent 60M to get two marquis in my weapons. Only give me 5000dps :(
Reply Quote
/stares at MrNastyTime's marquis gems.

Wow. Nice. How much will un-socketing all that cost? 5m per gem?
Reply Quote
View profile
/stares at MrNastyTime's marquis gems.

Wow. Nice. How much will un-socketing all that cost? 5m per gem?

They look so sexy! Yeah 5 mil I don't plan on having to grade those pieces anytime soon though I hope not atleast!

@Zeriel

I found a nice upgrade in my amulet slot and gained 5k DPS and 4k HP for 290m! So I'm back up to 192k DPS, 630 all resist and 84k HP! I will slowly but surely get to 200k DPS and 100k HP while maintaining 600+ all resist.
Reply Quote
Why so much HP? Are you building an all-around set for PVP or something?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/16/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Zeriel
Why so much HP? Are you building an all-around set for PVP or something?

You can never have too much hp! =P I figured it can't hurt I like to be a balanced monk with DPS and sustaining myself. Sell me something to get me to 200k!
Reply Quote
It's just always seemed to me like the PVE side of this game really disincentivizes HP--health globes and other effects are restoring you to maximum every few seconds constantly, so any HP over the damage you reliably take every few seconds is arguably wasted.

It's definitely nice to have, though. And maybe serenity really colors my thinking here--if it wasn't for that, more HP would be almost required just to survive stuns and whatnot.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 2/16/2013 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
@mrnastytime your mempo is missing 2% cc hope this helps ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]