Diablo® III

Beware of Amulet crafting

(Locked)

I believe the new crafting is for the 2 types of people that the blue's stated. People who don't use the AH and for people who upgrade would cost 10, 20, or 30+ million. Considering you had the Essences, try spending 30+ million on crafting amulets and see what you get.

Other than the guaranteed Main stat you select, they are quite typical of all the other rare craftable items. I think Hellfire Rings may have better odds because so far, none of those that I made have the possibility to come with so many junk stats like the rare items.

I've crafted about 17 amulets so far, nothing great yet for me. So far, all have only had 1 stat of CC, CD, or IAS per amulet or none of those stats. Will keep my fingers crossed.
People are getting end-game ammy's for a few mil and OP is complaining. Lol.

If you can't determine the expected value of a craft versus AH alternative don't come whining here when RNG doesn't work in your favor.
02/13/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Gunny
try to understand that from what they expect. if you expect to buy an amulet from an ah at the 99th percentile for 2bil, then expect to spend 1.9b to craft one that can possibly better it

Exactly... crafting is a joke. It's just a different path to the same end. You probably have the same chance of finding a useful piece while grinding that will net you the gold to buy something.

They're not going to intentionally steer the average player away from possibly using the RMAH to buy gold or items.. that would defeat the real point of the game.

So crafting will have the same !@#$ty RNG that itemization does, it will just take players a while to realize it. For everyone who posts an OMG! piece in the forums, there will be 1000 players disappointed that they've thrown resources down the crafting hole. Blizzard is banking on the lucky ones to post in the forums... lol

This logic is flawed.

Why add amulet crafting at all if it was going to eat into the RMAH profits? Or gloves? Or shoulders?

The answer is probably that Blizzard doesn't make as much money as you think it does on the RMAH, among other answers that I won't even mention....no, you know what? I WILL mention it.

Maybe Blizzard actually listened to some of our suggestions! GASP!
Rolled the dice three times this morning and got the bracers now on my Wiz.

Not gg by any sense, but it was a huge upgrade! Upped DPS by 5k and life by 3.5k...

And no way could I have found that on the AH for 150k.

And I made it myself! So I'm happy.
I predict that because of these godly craftable ammies, the price of brimstones and gems is going to skyrocket, thus effectively raising the price to craft such an item.

I crafted about 60 amulets (only around 12m in total costs) and got the one I'm wearing now, plus a trifecta with ~220str/70ar/7AS/7.5CC/50CD. There aren't any amulets on the AH even remotely close, but I still feel like I can do even better lol. Going for AvgDmg/300str/150vit/70AR/15%Life/800LoH/8AS/10CC/100CD haha.

Good luck getting 9 affixes lol
Maybe you can find such a thing on JW's old character.
02/13/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Gunny
try to understand that from what they expect. if you expect to buy an amulet from an ah at the 99th percentile for 2bil, then expect to spend 1.9b to craft one that can possibly better it

Exactly... crafting is a joke. It's just a different path to the same end. You probably have the same chance of finding a useful piece while grinding that will net you the gold to buy something.

They're not going to intentionally steer the average player away from possibly using the RMAH to buy gold or items.. that would defeat the real point of the game.

So crafting will have the same !@#$ty RNG that itemization does, it will just take players a while to realize it. For everyone who posts an OMG! piece in the forums, there will be 1000 players disappointed that they've thrown resources down the crafting hole. Blizzard is banking on the lucky ones to post in the forums... lol

I really don't understand you one-track minded people. Think of it this way, every once in a while you may have a few hundred thousand gold you don't have the faintest idea what to use for at your particular level of end-game character progression. You roll an extremely lucky BOA amulet. Shazam. You miraculously replace the amulet you happened to pay 100m plus for and are able to liquidate this NON-BOA item in the auction house for loads of money, hopefully reminiscent of what was paid or greater, of course.

How in your world is this a problem?
02/12/2013 07:19 PMPosted by chrisloup

Except that the 2bil amulet can be resold.
02/13/2013 07:23 AMPosted by KhalARon
Maybe Blizzard actually listened to some of our suggestions! GASP!
Grab your pitchforks, this people is saying something we disagree wtih !!!!
View profile
So you've spent 1.5M and expect it to be better then your equipped ammy?come on man.

You hit the nail on the head.

To get a best in slot maybe it takes you 150mil or 250mil. The best ammy's go for 1bil + Funny how people complain. So if you only spend 250mil and get a awesome ammy someday its worth it.
View profile
02/13/2013 07:41 AMPosted by WarlockHolmz

Duh doesn't anyone understand gold sink ? The need to remove mats from the game as well ?

Duh doesn't anyone understand gold sink ? The need to remove mats from the game as well ?

I'm just saying that the 1.9bil-bound amulet is way more expensive than the 2bil-AH one.. by almost 2bil gold.
Edited by WarlockHolmz#1115 on 2/13/2013 8:30 AM PST
New Crafting is so much more beneficial for hardcore than softcore.... just swap to hardcore and you will never complain again, (unless u die like a newb.)
I made on which gave me +2k DPS and + 9k HP. In third try. My existing amulet costed 50m.

Nope, all is good here.
02/13/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Gunny
It's just a gold sink with the same amount of RNG built into it as grinding.

No, you can roll very high primary stats on these, that alone gives you a decent head start. Yes, you still have to roll the other 5 properties, but you'll roll SOMETHING decent sooner than later.

Also, if I'm given the choice of either buying a 2 billion gold amulet or rolling amulets, say, 50 times for 5 million gold before I get a significantly upgraded amulet, I will take the BoA amulet.

Hell, even rolling amulets 1,000 times for 100 million gold before I get a good amulet will give me 95% cost savings. Would I want to spend 100 million in crafting something I can't trade? Probably not.

Five million? I'll spend that gold!

Casual players trying to craft will run out of gold & mats & then what? Where will they get the !@#$ to craft? Buying gold?

There's a difference between grinding 2 billion gold and grinding enough gold so that you can comfortably spend 5 million gold crafting.

One can potentially take months. The other takes days.

Have you tried crafting?
Is amulet crafting stopping everyone from finding non-BoA Amulets to sell?

No. Therefore, amulet crafting is even more of a net positive.
http://tinypic.com/r/5phf7p/6

Made this in 28 tries, RNG is RNG man.

3.57%? I like those odds.
You say crafting isnt worth a few tries?

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3165/57iyo28i_png.htm
You say crafting isnt worth a few tries?

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3165/57iyo28i_png.htm

Nice!
02/12/2013 06:45 PMPosted by abb1
Beware, I have spent a fortune crafting 10 amulets, and they are all JUNK, well, not really junk, but the best one is -56,857 DPS over my Talli Amulet. They are better than the average rare amulets, but they are not earth shattering. What is worst is that each one costs approximately 150,000 to make, and then you can only sell them back to the vendor for $2700 :(, if you do not like it. You may eventually hit the jackpot, but it is a crap shoot, like forging weapons from the black smith.

Why would you spend money to craft an amulet, when you have that one that you are wearing? Did you really think that in 10 rolls you'd top that one? How much is that one you are wearing worth?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]