Diablo® III

Beware of Amulet crafting

(Locked)

Thread should be called "Beware of Noobs with 1.5M to Spend".
This was crafted by someone in another thread:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dh3l0&s=6

Yeah, go ahead and tell me crafting isn't working awesomely, OP.

Dear god son, calm down. RNG is RNG. The gambling recipes allow you to "create" a drop. Some people will get lucky and most won't, just like with farming.

Crafting is not "working awesomely." Don't get me wrong, I really like these new recipes for what they are: GAMBLING. Still eagerly waiting for crafting to make its debut.
View profile
02/12/2013 06:45 PMPosted by abb1
Beware, I have spent a fortune crafting 10 amulets, and they are all JUNK, well, not really junk, but the best one is -56,857 DPS over my Talli Amulet. They are better than the average rare amulets, but they are not earth shattering. What is worst is that each one costs approximately 150,000 to make, and then you can only sell them back to the vendor for $2700 :(, if you do not like it. You may eventually hit the jackpot, but it is a crap shoot, like forging weapons from the black smith.
LoL at thinking 150k gold is a fortune in D3.
LIke this????

http://i50.tinypic.com/29ut6k7.jpg

So what even if you craft a good one its worthless since its account bound you cant sell it you can't trade it if you find something better. You'll never get back what you put in. Worthless system.
LIke this????

http://i50.tinypic.com/29ut6k7.jpg

So what even if you craft a good one its worthless since its account bound you cant sell it you can't trade it if you find something better. You'll never get back what you put in. Worthless system.

You give it to one of your other characters that needs a decent amulet.
Edited by pixelrage#1391 on 2/13/2013 10:41 AM PST
For me, crafting odds seem worth while because I actually get to play the game looking for recipes and mats to craft instead of creeping on the AH all day. While looking for recipes and mats, I am finding legendaries and other worthwhile items, so for me, working as intended.

LOL. I don't get it. You craft something BiS. Then you complain cause you can't sell it for gold/money.

You get back the fact that you didn't have to spend billions on that crafted piece. I don't understand the comment "never get back what you put in".

This crafting is to help get players that are struggling to a better spot without the use of the AH. Godlike Ammys are coming out already by only rolling 20-30 amulets. That is freaking awesome. I would love to by a GG ammy for 3-4 Million gold.

People are so negative all of the time. Just quit the freaking game already...
I agree, people dont realize yet what it means when you can craft a "great" amulet for 3-4 milions.
02/12/2013 07:51 PMPosted by CoolieMost
I have spent a fortune crafting 10 amulets

one costs approximately 150,000 to make

Thanks for the laugh.

Hey! 1.5 million gold is 38 cents! A veritable fortune!
02/13/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Ramminar

Thanks for the laugh.

Hey, when you work a paper route for a living.. every 38c helps. ;)

If 38 cents is that critical, why are you playing a $60 video game?
02/12/2013 06:45 PMPosted by abb1
Beware, I have spent a fortune crafting 10 amulets, and they are all JUNK, well, not really junk, but the best one is -56,857 DPS over my Talli Amulet. They are better than the average rare amulets, but they are not earth shattering. What is worst is that each one costs approximately 150,000 to make, and then you can only sell them back to the vendor for $2700 :(, if you do not like it. You may eventually hit the jackpot, but it is a crap shoot, like forging weapons from the black smith.

a very fine example of a delusional guy who think crafting 10 times would give him a godly item, lmao

02/13/2013 10:40 AMPosted by TheProfessor
For me, crafting odds seem worth while because I actually get to play the game looking for recipes and mats to craft instead of creeping on the AH all day. While looking for recipes and mats, I am finding legendaries and other worthwhile items, so for me, working as intended.

totally agree
Edited by FrancisLi#3733 on 2/13/2013 11:27 AM PST

If 38 cents is that critical, why are you playing a $60 video game?

Winkey face, learn what it means... and I'm not the guy who thought 38c was a fortune, I was just commenting on how it might be valuable to him because he might have a small allowance or get paid in gum.
I'm pretty happy with the one I made for my barb last night.
Iv.e made about 25 so far and 1 was about 4k dps higher than a nice tals ammy...you will get a good roll eventually.
I just made mine, rebuilding my barb. Works for now. No CD.
while i dont enjoy crafting tons of them for a lot of trash ones, im at 49 ammys with nothing yet lol. I do enjoy the fact that i feel as tho im doing something when i play now. For some reason i kinda find it fun looking for demonic essence and the new mats. For me like ive seen someone type before it is working as intended, im not just doing alk runs waiting for a legendary ping, it gives me a bit more drive to play in hopes of crafting some of the BiS ammys ive seen. And at 150k per ammy i find double to triple that in a run just from gold pick up and vendor trash. So its not really much of an expense.

Once i find the ammy i want, ill craft gloves and shoulders and then maybe then i wont have much to do lol. but at the rate im going itll be a while haha.
wow seen so many tri ammy here. well i only got high int,cc and cd. check my profile.
Just like the Devs stated I guess. crafting is for HIGH END Players.. sorry you dont fit into that category keep farming ammys and hoping for BiS with very little effort put into the game.
Edited by BelowZero#1346 on 2/13/2013 11:54 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]