Diablo® III

Spinning wheels - need some advice!

Hi, guys - yes, it's another one of those threads =) Thanks for your time!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Patrynn-1677/hero/9727020

The link above is my MP6 key farming gear/build, and I am having ore issues than I remember (I have been exp farming for awhile now). Not sure if it's just because I am not used to mobs hitting me back or not lol.

A few things I know I need to improve are the helm (going to get a CC Visage of Giyua one of these days), and a better amulet (average damage!). The advice I need is: what do I NEED to upgrade to be viable in MP6+ (gear and skill-wise)?

I don't have much of a budget, 25-30m once my ~1250 LS Skorn sells.
Reply Quote
Get more +armor
Use blood ritual
Get 24% movement (likely CC lacunis)
Higher average damage mojo
Get a weapon with CD+OS+LS
You only really need a Visage If you are using Locus/Acid cloud/0Dog you might want to consider a CC Zuni helm or 14 mana regen zuni helm and a serpent instead.
Reply Quote
Thanks, Jimbob - that helps!

One question about the offhand - I understand the serpent is better DPS-wise, but is the reduced mana cost on Zombie Charger worth that much less? I always use bears, and had assumed that mana regen ~= reduced mana cost.

The other ideas make sense, and it's just a case of saving I think.
Reply Quote
If you can sustain the mana then a CC zuni helm and a serp with mana regen -bears cost would be the optimal for dps. Next best would be a zuni mojo + giyua (with cc) helm.
Reply Quote
One thing I did was to just get vit on all my gear. I have a Zun helm I use when grouping with good vit also with a health gem that brings my HP over 65k. In my travels I have found anything below 50k health is dangerous, that suprise boss shot that pulls you under a molten patch then jails you is a real pain under 50k health. Its not that expensive to switch out your gear, just do it one piece at a time and try to snipe auctions and get them on the cheap.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Jimbob
If you can sustain the mana then a CC zuni helm and a serp with mana regen -bears cost would be the optimal for dps. Next best would be a zuni mojo + giyua (with cc) helm.

D'oh! Forgot that serp mojo had -bears... so I can just go back to my Zuni helm and get a decent offhand until I can afford a CC Zuni helm. That makes more sense to me, thanks!

One thing I did was to just get vit on all my gear. I have a Zun helm I use when grouping with good vit also with a health gem that brings my HP over 65k. In my travels I have found anything below 50k health is dangerous, that suprise boss shot that pulls you under a molten patch then jails you is a real pain under 50k health. Its not that expensive to switch out your gear, just do it one piece at a time and try to snipe auctions and get them on the cheap.

Very true... though I have been struggling to get more vitality. Everything seems to come at a cost, unless I outlay a LOT of gold. Getting the grind on, thanks for the feedback =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]