1. Cyclone Strike is awesome. I'm using it n lower MP for the forseeable future. Using the reduced spirit rune on both Dashing strike and Cyclone strikes, I can move quickly from point A to point B with fewer enemies escaping my reach. These two skills actually do enough damage that you aren't upset you took your finger off of Thunderclap.
I'm liking Cyclone Strike a lot more now but since the damage increase was so high, I had to readjust MP's because I was killing too quickly by the time they were sucked in. On my build, I suck them in, hit with Exploding Palm/EB and SW and they all blow up in one group.
2. Demonic essence is dropped too frequently.
I disagree. I still think the nerf was too severe and I even readjusted my strategy by crafting only 1 type of item and saving up DE's
4. I still can't seem to get any WoL builds working. I have to run both quickening and Inner storm to use WoL and still keep my buffs up and it doesn't seem to be worth it.
WoL favors 2H moreso than it does dual wielding or 1H. This is because of three things:
1. Fist of Thunder - Quickening
2. Breath of Heaven - Infused with Light
3. The Guardian's Path
All 3 combined together, you will never run out of spirit for WoL. Reason being. Guardian's Path increases spirit generated when using a 2H weapon. Breath of Heaven - Infused with Light increases spirit generated by 8 from spirit generating attacks. FoT:Q generates spirit on crit per target
FoT = 6
BoH: IWL = 8
Quickening = 15
TGP = +35%
Total = 39
And this is only for ONE ATTACK. Imagine a full FoT and if FoT crits on the 3rd attack (15 spirit per target!!) Let's say you crit all 3 stages and the last crit was against 3 monsters. You're looking at 39 + 39 + 80 = 158. That's your whole bar right there. Keep in mind that you've only done 1 FoT combo and BoH is on a 30s cooldown.
Suffice it to say, Wave of Light is best used on a 2H build. I believe I mentioned this in the Monk passive thread when Shade said DW > S/B > Skorn was better for Bells, which was incorrect. In addition, I had a working WoL build posted on my TR thread so all this trial and error could have been avoided in the first place.