Diablo® III

Three hours in: Time to make judgements

Druin, I have come to the conclusion that you're either a machine, or chinese. The choice is yours.

I think I was getting like 20 an hour tops, and I think that was just a good bit of luck more than anything.

I may have to look into this VotA business...

I should also note however, been doing it in a grp of 4 most of the time, so I'm sure the DE across the whole grp is pretty good. At least it makes playing with friends much more enjoyable, there is not the huge difference that there was before that made playing with others a bad idea. (Maybe it's just slightly more bearable and thats all I needed :P )
Reply Quote
It seems to me we are entering into an era where there is a VERY large difference in maxing xp/hr and maxing loot/hr or DE/hr.
Huh? Well apparently I've been in that era for months now then lol!
Why is mp0 not the best for loot now? Just in reference to DE's?

MP0 is still excellent for loot. Last week, I farmed almost exclusively in MP0 (with the last two days spent on MP1 VotA) and I ended up with 46 legendaries.

It's just that the lower MP's are just too attractive right now. Bonus XP, more MF, higher DE drop rate, etc. When it's just as easy to do MP1 or whichever it is you can handle quickly and efficiently, there's no reason not to do it.
and at speedforce dial it back a lil dude, its a game

I took quite a bit of time to write that up (and for ya'lls benefit at that) and I found that comment irritating because there was many other, better things to say then that.
Your very empty bravado aside, this sequence isn't going to generate 39 spirit per attack if your crit rate isn't 100%.
No **** you missed the god**** point. I was trying to show you the ridiculous spirit generation that CAN HAPPEN over the course of the BoH activation. YOU'RE GONNA GET THREE crits over the course of BoH, that's just common ****ing sense. PLUS, you didn't even get a higher crit rate to test it out, and your build sucks so hard that it's mind boggling that you are talking down to someone who actually understands builds.

You SERIOUSLY do not want me to make a video right now because that would make you look like a joke. Just give it up. The **** works end of story.
He's completely self-found. None of his gear is from the RMAH or GAH. See how good your Monk would be if all you used was drops.
I did self found at one point (and am doing it again on my DH but to a more extreme level) I did better than that. Not only did I do it on my Monk and DH, but my Barb for a while was actually self found before I started to buy gear again. It's really not that difficult and I've easily breached 47,000 DPS. That's just child play dude, gtfo of here with that.
More to the point, Vrkhyz has done some of the most top-notch theory-crafting and number-crunching on these forums. He's easily up there with Druin, Morionic, and the other members with high-end gear that have really shown what Monks can do. His gear is his playstyle choice. His math is pretty much untouchable.
Who cares? I don't care about any of those people. I've posted some solid stuff, stuff that not even they can match. I don't care about any number-crunching anybody can do because when it comes to builds, I have the top notch skill setup and rune setups. I actually have a deep understanding of that stuff. I didn't do what Vry did and just throw a bunch of stuff together and pray that it works. I put the build together and it works exactly as I described it. I don't want to hear about some self found loser with crap builds who does excellent math. How about you throw someone at me that understands builds like I do?
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/13/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Someone pissed in your applejacks thats for damn sure.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 02:26 PMPosted by speedforce
It seems to me we are entering into an era where there is a VERY large difference in maxing xp/hr and maxing loot/hr or DE/hr.
Huh? Well apparently I've been in that era for months now then lol!
Why is mp0 not the best for loot now? Just in reference to DE's?

MP0 is still excellent for loot. Last week, I farmed almost exclusively in MP0 (with the last two days spent on MP1 VotA) and I ended up with 46 legendaries.

It's just that the lower MP's are just too attractive right now. Bonus XP, more MF, higher DE drop rate, etc. When it's just as easy to do MP1 or whichever it is you can handle quickly and efficiently, there's no reason not to do it.
and at speedforce dial it back a lil dude, its a game

I took quite a bit of time to write that up (and for ya'lls benefit at that) and I found that comment irritating because there was many other, better things to say then that.
Your very empty bravado aside, this sequence isn't going to generate 39 spirit per attack if your crit rate isn't 100%.
No **** you missed the god**** point. I was trying to show you the ridiculous spirit generation that CAN HAPPEN over the course of the BoH activation. YOU'RE GONNA GET THREE crits over the course of BoH, that's just common ****ing sense. PLUS, you didn't even get a higher crit rate to test it out, and your build sucks so hard that it's mind boggling that you are talking down to someone who actually understands builds.

You SERIOUSLY do not want me to make a video right now because that would make you look like a joke. Just give it up. The **** works end of story.
He's completely self-found. None of his gear is from the RMAH or GAH. See how good your Monk would be if all you used was drops.
I did self found at one point (and am doing it again on my DH but to a more extreme level) I did better than that. Not only did I do it on my Monk and DH, but my Barb for a while was actually self found before I started to buy gear again. It's really not that difficult and I've easily breached 47,000 DPS. That's just child play dude, gtfo of here with that.
More to the point, Vrkhyz has done some of the most top-notch theory-crafting and number-crunching on these forums. He's easily up there with Druin, Morionic, and the other members with high-end gear that have really shown what Monks can do. His gear is his playstyle choice. His math is pretty much untouchable.
Who cares? I don't care about any of those people. I've posted some solid stuff, stuff that not even they can match. I don't care about any number-crunching anybody can do because when it comes to builds, I have the top notch skill setup and rune setups. I actually have a deep understanding of that stuff. I didn't do what Vry did and just throw a bunch of stuff together and pray that it works. I put the build together and it works exactly as I described it. I don't want to hear about some self found loser with crap builds who does excellent math. How about you throw someone at me that understands builds like I do?

Haha. And to think I felt bad about my original sarcastic response to Speedforce and edited it!

Speedforce is God's gift to Diablo 3. Ya'll better recognize!
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 2/13/2013 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Dang speedforce, urine such a bad mood, what gives?
Reply Quote
I fired up my hidden camera in speedforces room while he prepares his next post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScA7PhDJPJE
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Enot
Someone pissed in your applejacks thats for damn sure.
quite frankly they're coming at me with some crap and they're expecting me to buy it. How else am I supposed to react? Let's look at the time line here.

1. I post a working combo as described
2. Loser says I don't have 100% crit and therefore does not work as described. He doesn't even meet me halfway and TRY it out.
3. Other losers support him. They didn't even try it out either.
4. Some loser says well he knows excellent math, and he's up there with so and so guys that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the aforementioned combo *I* posted.

So tell me again, how else am I supposed to react to that? It's all crap. The combo works. That's all there is to it. To come into the thread, with insufficient gear to even TRY OUT the spec, he can't even call me out and say that it doesn't work. Him putting me down like that for trying to explain the concept my way, was uncalled for. It was unnecessary. Especially considering the gear that he has. You HAVE to be able to try it out and see for yourself before you can even say ANYTHING.
Dang speedforce, urine such a bad mood, what gives?
At the time I posted that in the morning, I had a splitting headache, and I was tired. But I still posted it anyways b/c it was helpful to the community. That's all I was trying to do was be informative and helpful, and his comments were the thanks that I get? For him to throw utter garbage at me and not even backing it up? And then other people joining in, and backing him up? Based off of what?
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/13/2013 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
You've completely undermined yourself after that childish tirade. I can garuntee you, the approach of Vrkhyz was not the "come at me bro" you turned this into. You're wound so tight I bet we could get diamonds out of you right now.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Enot

I see your link and raise you a:

http://i.imgur.com/2g06xuk.gif
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Enot
You've completely undermined yourself after that childish tirade. I can garuntee you, the approach of Vrkhyz was not the "come at me bro" you turned this into. You're wound so tight I bet we could get diamonds out of you right now.
Well, go back and read what I wrote. The childish part came from them. That's why when I wrote out that timeline, that's exactly how it sounded.

I undermined myself? So my combo is now invalid because I talked down to someone? Do you realize how dumb and petty that sounds?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 07:29 AMPosted by speedforce
You have a 100% crit chance?
No, but it's better than yours. And it's enough to generate the kind of spirit I'm talking about. Before you even think about talking down to me and my builds first of all, go get sufficient gear and try it out for yourself. Then if you got something further to say I'd like to hear it. I bet you wouldn't.

Vrkhyz asked a question. You responded by taking it personally. Not sure what prompted this, as his question is so few words/characters that I find taking offense to it near impossible lol.

02/13/2013 03:14 PMPosted by speedforce
The childish part came from them.

Your response to his original post begs to differ.

I'd suggest saying "goosfraba" a few hundred times speedforce, and see how you feel afterwards. If you still feel salty, we can set you up with an Anger Ally.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:07 PMPosted by gotaplanstan

http://xkcd.com/386/

?
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:14 PMPosted by speedforce
I undermined myself? So my combo is now invalid because I talked down to someone? Do you realize how dumb and petty that sounds?

The proportion of "dumb and petty" in "you've completely undermined yourself" to that of your response is roughly equal to the ratio of the amount of spirit per attack you actually generate to the figure you posted. I'll sit back and wait while you work yourself into a lather figuring out what that number is. Once you've got it, be sure to put a few insults into your response; I hear it's very popular with the ladies these days.

(See? That's talking down to you. And so is this. See the difference?)

Now, if you want to say, "Dude, I wasn't saying you would get 39 spirit per attack with this sequence—I meant that you could get it if you got lucky, and you'll get it from time to time, and it's a really big number when it hits," I would certainly respond with something like, "Oh, I see. It sounded to me like you were claiming 39 per attack, which is roughly double what you'll get, on average. I must have misunderstood." If, on the other hand, you want to continue in this vein . . . well, we wouldn't want to ruin this thread for everybody, right? I know I wouldn't.

Now, if "the childish part came from them" is meant to indicate this harmless post . . .

All 3 combined together, you will never run out of spirit for WoL. Reason being. Guardian's Path increases spirit generated when using a 2H weapon. Breath of Heaven - Infused with Light increases spirit generated by 8 from spirit generating attacks. FoT:Q generates spirit on crit per targetFoT = 6BoH: IWL = 8Quickening = 15TGP = +35%Total = 39

. . . followed by your spasmodic response . . .

No, but it's better than yours. And it's enough to generate the kind of spirit I'm talking about. Before you even think about talking down to me and my builds first of all, go get sufficient gear and try it out for yourself. Then if you got something further to say I'd like to hear it. I bet you wouldn't.

. . . then you, sir, are way off base. Anyone who jumped in after that really can't be faulted; you started it, and if you can't see that, you're not looking hard enough.

Your combo isn't invalid; your numbers are invalid. Now, if you didn't mean to suggest that you generate 39 spirit per attack with this combo, fine; if that's what you meant, however, you're dead wrong. If you think I need a particular set of gear to know how much spirit a certain combo is going to generate, you should probably stop now.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:36 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
If you still feel salty, we can set you up with an Anger Ally.

ZOMG I want one of these so bad.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Piffle

http://xkcd.com/386/

?

you mean this little thing?

http://i.imgur.com/sdIb91T.jpg
Reply Quote
Vrkhyz asked a question.
No he didn't. He made a statement. In response to me saying "imagine FoT crit all 3 stages" and we all know it doesn't go down like that. I knew exactly what he meant and that is why I said that *in advance*. When I saw his real response, it confirmed what I was thinking.

All of this is moot anyways. I'm right he's wrong.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/13/2013 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
umm so let me get my numbers right in this exchange
Vrkhyz 1 - Speedforce 0?

but looking at speedforce's gear ... that's alot of spirit regen!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/13/2013 04:00 PMPosted by speedforce
Vrkhyz asked a question.
No he didn't. He made a statement.
02/13/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Vrkhyz

Perhaps the REAL question is - in your mind, what constitutes a question?

02/13/2013 04:00 PMPosted by speedforce
All of this is moot anyways. I'm right he's wrong.

If we can't even trust you to understand what a "question" is, how are we supposed to take anything else you say in a remotely serious manner?
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 2/13/2013 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Druin, I have come to the conclusion that you're either a machine, or chinese. The choice is yours.

Have we ruled out "Chinese machine" yet? If not, I'm putting 20M gold on it, depending on the odds.
Reply Quote
I am having fun. I replaced Cyclone Strike with WoL, so am semi-spamming Mystic Ally, SSS, Overawe and the bell as needed. I know it sounds heavy in the spending, but it is working out pretty well actually, I will likely swap CS back and forth with WoL depending on what I am doing.

And I kicked the hubby's !@# a few times in 'brawling' too. I seem to be quicker on the draw and can one shot him with the bell or SSS, but if I miss he can take me out XD Though I owned his barb with my wiz :P

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been said, but Sinafae, your husband is a lucky man. I would happily accept being outbrawled by my wife since that would mean she was playing D3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]