Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I just realized that you're talking about the goofball build I pulled out last night for a short run. You mean this, right?
I posted about it around lunchtime, in this topic:
Of course that build is crap; I already posted that it was crazy. It's clearly requires too much spirit for me to manage (taking the extra-range Cyclone Strike rune instead of the reduced-cost rune didn't help), and the cool-down for Fulminating Onslaught is simply too long. It was just a wacky idea I was trying for an hour before bed. My normal 1.0.6 build is rather standard:
Anyway! Carry on.
Skorn + Guardian's Path + Quickening (possibly Rising Tide) is probably our highest DPS now. I have no problem dropping 2+ bells a second with ~1.60 aps. It's barely faster than Slow MH + EF. And I've grouped up with friends on live with sweet Won Khim/EF setups and it's hilarious how fast I can nuke elites in MP 8/9/10 while their dozens of Cyclones do it sooo much slower. I seriously see a nerf to WoL (probably just Empowered Wave) incoming at some point.
And LONG LIVE Templar for soloing! 12% spirit generation over 3 crit chance any day and every day!
I agree Cyclone Strike is fun. And buffing so many spirit spenders opened up A LOT of versatility both with fun builds and max DPS.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 2/13/2013 4:31 PM PST
wut iz dis..
looks like I walked in on some forums pvp. >:o
so this is what happened,
- speedforce posted a mechanic saying FoT Quickening + TGP + IWL is a lot of spirit, (which is right) but then he said it adds up to 39 for 1 punch, which is wrong, because that could only happen under the circumstance that every punch, is a critical hit, AND IWL is active.
- Vrkhyz reads, sees the math,
and just as anybody who thinks mathematically, would notice that speedforce's numbers would only apply to the case, that every hit, is a guaranteed crit.
- so instead of questioning the proposed numbers with diplomacy, ;(
he wrote, "you have 100% crit chance?" >:)
- speedforce saw the response, so he assumed that Vrkhyz was insulting him,
even though he didn't mean it that way, (although it did sound like it),
so speedforce got mad, and instead of responding peacefully..
he used the mantra of retaliation. >:(>
- Vrkhyz saw that speedforce got his wrong buttons pressed and the damage retaliated,
so then he used the mantra of backlash and thus the flame was ignited. >:D>
- the people watching decided to heat up the popcorn,
so they joined Vrkhyz' party, and used the mantra of collateral damage... D:
check it out...
With Quickening + TGP + IWL,
so the only time that you would get 39 spirit, is if it crits while IWL is active.
therefore speedforce's proposed number 39, was right, but also wrong.
And Vyrkhyz saying you have 100% crit? was right, but also wrong,
because this would still happen even if you don't have 100% crit,
(just not every punch, hahahahaha!!)
now if speedforce had explained it that way, this wouldn't have started in the first place,
and if Vrkhyz had explained it to him, then it wouldn't have ended this way. >:)
so settle down, fellas.
(btw, with that build, I think that TGP + Quickening is enough, no need for IWL,
Blazing Wrath is better, cuz if the mobs' dead, you don't need to generate spirit :D
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 3/22/2013 1:32 AM PDT
If we can't even trust you to understand what a "question" is, how are we supposed to take anything else you say in a remotely serious manner?Are you kidding me? If you can't be bothered to try it out and understand, RIGHT OFF THE BAT, why the skills work together the way they do, *I* can't take *YOU* seriously. You taking me seriously is the least of my concerns. Worry about yourself bro. You made yourself look really bad with that comment.
- speedforce posted a mechanic saying FoT Quickening + TGP + IWL is a lot of spirit, (which is right) but then he said it adds up to 39 for 1 punch, which is wrong, because that could only happen under the circumstance that every punch, is a critical hit, AND IWL is active.Well when I did that calculation, I specifically said ONE ATTACK. Since I can't be bothered to calculated the complete scenario (since everybody's crit rate is different) I wanted to show how much spirit can be generated with ONE ATTACK. Meaning that over the course of the duration of Infused With Light, you will restore more than a full bar's worth (assuming you dumped the spirit, it will generate more spirit)
Instead of the math, I was trying to convey the CONCEPT, which is more powerful than the math. That was the point I was trying to get across concerning the FoT crit in all 3 stages. Realistically, it won't crit in all 3 stages, however in the process of your attacking, you will reach that amount in an extremely short period of time.
(btw, with that build, I think that TGP + Quickening is enough, no need for IWL,On MP0-1, sure, but the higher MP is, the more spirit you need so you can spam bells.
and ANOTHER THING that people haven't quite figured out, is that Wave of Light is actually BAKED IN to my Tempest Rush spec. Yes this build is quite the Spirit guzzler. So when I go into an elite fight, I need bells, and when I go out of an elite fight, I need to be at full spirit to continue running. Therefore, Breath of Heaven: Infused with Light SHOULD be in my build.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/13/2013 6:37 PM PST
hahahahahaahhahahahahahaahhahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha
*wipes tears away*
Oh that was a good one Speedforce! Thanks, I needed that.
Patch 1.07 didn't cut for me... Seems like the same boring !@#$ i have being doing for the last couple of months after i have reach Paragon 100... I crafted +30 dex amulets and couldn't even roll 2 favourable affixes... Time to give this game a break till the expansion pack comes out and also i just find out that this game is not RGN at all it's called "manipulated drops" by Blizz because within the 1 hr sessions playing with patch 1.07 i have gathered +10 normal crafting plans its like Blizz is giving them away since they're worthless compared to the new plans...
Are you asking a question? Its hard to tell with you, and your lack of understanding of such a simple concept.
As far as your argument with Vrkhyz, I could care less who is right or wrong. In fact, I never addressed either argument.
I addressed your WOEFUL reading comprehension skills. Nothing more, nothing less. Lets review what happened:
1. you posted a suggested build, with incorrect #'s backing it up
2. vrkhyz asked a question (if you have 100% cc - the only way your math is correct)
3. you pick a fight with vrkhyz
4. people back him up, because hes not acting immature, like you are
5. you start arguing with EVERYBODY else posting in this thread
6. you look like a fool
8. we profit
I whipped out my dictionary.
I flipped to the letter "I" section.
Looked for the word "irony."
Saw your battle tag.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 2/13/2013 9:26 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.