wut iz dis..
looks like I walked in on some forums pvp. >:o
so this is what happened,
- speedforce posted a mechanic saying FoT Quickening + TGP + IWL is a lot of spirit, (which is right) but then he said it adds up to 39 for 1 punch, which is wrong, because that could only happen under the circumstance that every punch, is a critical hit, AND IWL is active.
- Vrkhyz reads, sees the math,
and just as anybody who thinks mathematically, would notice that speedforce's numbers would only apply to the case, that every hit, is a guaranteed crit.
- so instead of questioning the proposed numbers with diplomacy, ;(
he wrote, "you have 100% crit chance?" >:)
- speedforce saw the response, so he assumed that Vrkhyz was insulting him,
even though he didn't mean it that way, (although it did sound like it),
so speedforce got mad, and instead of responding peacefully..
he used the mantra of retaliation. >:(>
- Vrkhyz saw that speedforce got his wrong buttons pressed and the damage retaliated,
so then he used the mantra of backlash and thus the flame was ignited. >:D>
- the people watching decided to heat up the popcorn,
so they joined Vrkhyz' party, and used the mantra of collateral damage... D:
check it out...
With Quickening + TGP + IWL,
--- if it doesn't crit.. but with IWL active,
then what you get is 19 spirit that punch.
--- if it doesn't crit.. and with IWL not active,
then what you get is 8 spirit that punch.
--- if it does crit.. but with IWL not active,
then what you get is 28 spirit that punch.
--- if it does crit.. and with IWL active,
then what you get is 39 spirit that punch.
so the only time that you would get 39 spirit, is if it crits while IWL is active.
therefore speedforce's proposed number 39, was right, but also wrong.
And Vyrkhyz saying you have 100% crit? was right, but also wrong,
because this would still happen even if you don't have 100% crit,
(just not every punch, hahahahaha!!)
now if speedforce had explained it that way, this wouldn't have started in the first place,
and if Vrkhyz had explained it to him, then it wouldn't have ended this way. >:)
so settle down, fellas.
(btw, with that build, I think that TGP + Quickening is enough, no need for IWL,
Blazing Wrath is better, cuz if the mobs' dead, you don't need to generate spirit :D
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 3/22/2013 1:32 AM PDT